Crowd fund MercDesign Media Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example there seem to be many xF users, who use also the gallery software Photopost Pro. To be able to attract these users to switch, it is IMHO essential to offer some of the core features of that other gallery.
what features of Photopost Pro are you looking for ?
are there any examples of a PP feature you want but might not make it into Robbo's gallery ?
Photopost was the best gallery in 2001. Now it just plain sucks. And their Xenforo integration sucks as well.
I only think a relatively small minority of the crowdfunders are currently using Photopost.
I'm not sure Robbo has thought about an importer from Photopost (I could be wrong).

It is planned. And actually outlined in the specs... "- tinymce/bbcode integration to choose an image from the bbcode editor"

When we click on a gallery image which inserted to post content, can we comment, tag people right here?
(This feature like Facebook image, it's improve social activity)

Let's give Robbo some faith and allow him to work on this. Once it's released you can make all the suggestions you want,
Wouldn't that be kind of late ? Robbo needs to make all the final decisions, but don't you think now is the time to clear up what IS and IS NOT going to be a part of the gallery ? I like the crowdfunding method for Xenforo and I really want this to go well. I think managing expectations is important, especially as I really don't see a "final" feature list. We all know the devil is in the details.

but I suspect right now much of the suggestions are redundant and only distract Robbo from his work.
I suspect Robbo himself would benefit from finalizing what the Media gallery is and isn't. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Media Gallery
images and video
heavily influenced by IP.Gallery, facebook
easy experience of facebook including:
...tagging,
...likes and
...comments
"a big public gallery for the website"
albums done basically the same as facebook.
will be able to create their own albums, upload images, link videos etc all on their own profile.
a watermark editor to put words or images over the top in layers
using the XenForo flash uploader
choose an image from the gallery to insert in a post from within the Xenforo TinyMCE editor.
Note: this is a list I made myself.

Media Gallery (Simple Gallery, Version 2.0)
user albums
global albums which are more seperate and like 1.x
user albums to have good privacy options, including per album
watermark editor for ACP to put on certain albums and for users when they upload
integration with a friends addon Naatan will soon be releasing - will add privacy options for friends only (like facebook)
facebook like tagging
facebook like bulk uploading
facebook like commenting and liking
alert settings for anything and everything (including options to email)
ability to watch albums
option to have images on a public web folder to support the cloud
global albums will be able to be nested and have permissions like nodes - will probably extend the node system
user albums wont be nested (unless my mind is changed)
ability to report anything
select picture for album thumbnail
create profile picture (avatar) from existing image, like facebook
ability to select an image you have uploaded into a post
videos will be able to be added like 1.x in any area the same as images (as long as permissions allow it)
sharing like you can with posts
option for different comment styles, simple like facebook, simple but with some bbcode supported or full like posts
user criteria so you can make trophies etc for certain amounts of uploads
daily stats integration
latest images/albums sections
custom lightbox
Source: http://mercenarydesign.com.au/community/threads/roadmap.183/

This certainly sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to it.
Can anyone think about what needs clarifying ?

I have two things:
Tagging: will you use xfrock's free XenTags ? Can you ? or will you make your own ? what do people want ?
Will new Gallery items appear in What's New ? searching in the forum ? How will people in the forum know about new Gallery items ? (gallery <=> forum integration).

I have two things:
Tagging: will you use xfrock's free XFTags ? Can you ? or will you make your own ? what do people want ?
Will new Gallery items appear in What's New ? searching in the forum ? How will people in the forum know about new Gallery items ? (gallery <=> forum integration).

1. There are 2 type of Tags, People Tag & XenTag. You must ask for what type of tags or both will be supported?
2. If it supports XenTag, it will be a searchable content, that also mean it could be able on What's New.

And Robbo, what do you think?

If it support XenTag, it will be searchable content, that also mean it could be able on What's New.
Sounds great ! XenTag sounds pretty powerful.

Searchable: how ? What is getting indexed ? Would I have to search for that tag ?

I really have no idea how tagging an image in a gallery will get it to show up in what's new ?
Are you only talking about images in posts ? or images in posts and the gallery ?

Let's let him get a public example working before we start piling on questions? It doesn't have to be perfectly tuned to everyone needs on first release.... I think the current roadmap speaks wonders for its flexibility.

Sounds great ! XenTag sounds pretty powerful.

Searchable: how ? What is getting indexed ? Would I have to search for that tag ?

I really have no idea how tagging an image in a gallery will get it to show up in what's new ?
Are you only talking about images in posts ? or images in posts and the gallery ?

If a developer want his content be on What's new, he must make it to a type of searchable content.
Tag is not related to what's new :).

>> Are you only talking about images in posts ? or images in posts and the gallery ?
I asked for something make image in post & image in the gallery is the same image (not two). (This post). In this case, a gallery image is an image object. We can like, comment, tag, tag people anywhere it was displayed. (Like fb image, image in a status is also in an album)

I'm not reading any of those replies. I don't have time. Except one...
When we click on a gallery image which inserted to post content, can we comment, tag people right here?
(This feature like Facebook image, it's improve social activity)
A lot of stuff is coming over from facebook and most likely be better than facebook in many ways. Tagging will be on images in the galleries but might not (at least at first) be on the images you pull into posts.

---
And to Digital Doctor...
I have my specs. I have my plans. They are currently final. They will all be laid out to the $50+ people in trello when I start working properly on it. That is when feedback comes in and things change around, but not until I have a first test build out.
This is a development process, I do things right. I don't take a bunch of features someone spits out and hack them in. I spend about 70% of my time thinking and designing code, not actually coding.

+$50 ....I will donate more after first release (assuming it meets my needs...I tend to think it will, but want to see, just the same). This looks very promising.

Wouldn't that be kind of late ? Robbo needs to make all the final decisions, but don't you think now is the time to clear up what IS and IS NOT going to be a part of the gallery ? I like the crowdfunding method for Xenforo and I really want this to go well. I think managing expectations is important, especially as I really don't see a "final" feature list. We all know the devil is in the details.

The crowd fund is about him showing what he plans to develop, and people funding that idea. Not about him putting up a blank canvas and everyone having their way with it.

Robbo: I am just trying to avoid problems with people wanting Feature X, Y, and Z after you are finished. Anyway, I am excited about the gallery and like your previous work, the design of your website, etc ... so I suppose I should just relax. Sorry for hassling things.

No it really is genius. I've found that my members would rather post their pics in threads than in the gallery because they know they are more likely to get comments and unique ratings (Post Ratings system). So that attachment system that leads directly to the post is actually very ingenious. *posts in the gallery attachments thread http://xenforo.com/community/threads/gallery-add-on-that-pulls-images-from-main-forum.34545/

Add this Robbo. Been looking for this forever.

I noticed I only pledged $25 before. Is it possible to up it to at least meet the $50 tier?
I don't know if you could or if you have since sending this message as I have been away. If you would like into the $50 area then we can sort it out privately.

Just looked at my XFR Gallery and realized how much it sucks. Will this addon be released this year and for how much?

It will be released when it is done after starting full time on it very soon. I have had to leave for the last week which is yet another delay. Progress will start to speed up a lot soon.

Private betas should happen this month and public beta towards the end of the year I expect unless I release early ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom