1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Gallery Updates

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Robbo, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

This is for updates to http://xenforo.com/community/threads/crowd-fund-mercdesign-media-gallery.34523/.

I think it is time for the first update, there is still a long way to go but I have made the main gallery (global if you will, so no member albums yet). It misses polish, ajax/flash, lots of video features and comments are barely in. However it should give you an idea on the direction I am taking with a lot of things. You can suggest here however I won't be taking them into consideration as I already have the suggestions from the crowed fund contributors to get through. If you would like to get involved the above link has a FAQ.

For those of you wanting an ETA on public release I don't expect it until early next year as what you are seeing needs to get done and that is only the first half, later comes a full on facebook style album and photos/videos complete with tagging, watermarking, comments, likes and so on.

To the point, here are screenshots of test build 39.

permalink.png edit_category.png categories_list.png view_ip.png delete_media.png
    Rich and Craigr like this.
  2. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

3. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Looks great so far, Robbo! Thanks for the update. I'll have to check in on the dev sites to see what's going on behind the scenes
  4. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Demo ?
  5. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

simbolo likes this.
  6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Looks simple and great waiting for the release .
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Robbo, I have no use for a gallery but I watch this with interest. It looks awesome.

Got a lot of respect for the work you've done here. Great stuff (y)
    Robbo likes this.
  8. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

9. RWHP

RWHP Active Member

So when will we see this or be able to purchase?
  10. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

If you follow the link in the first post to the FAQ you will see you can purchase now.
  11. oman

oman Well-Known Member

12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

So at some point this will even do videos.... Good. I need to finally replace XenMedio (Media)
    Kintaro likes this.
  13. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Maybe having the same feature like auto retreive infos from Youtube
  14. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

It already does videos, it was just bugged in that build so I never showed it. Currently it works the same as posting, you just enter a URL. Uses all the XenForo stuff. However I will need to extend it so I can do things like thumbnails. Videos being made awesome is low on the list, images need to be done first.
    snoopy5 likes this.
  15. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Very cool. You should add the ability to click through more than 1 pic at a time if its in the same gallery.
    Garamond likes this.
  16. Ladegro

Ladegro Member

Nice work! Very looking forward to this.... I think the next preview will convince me to contribute...
  17. Adam Howard

Where does one purchase this?

Is this "Simple Gallery" or something else?
  18. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

19. Adam Howard

20. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

It costs $50 to pre-order or get access to the private beta. Inbox me if you want to do that and I'll give you further instructions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.