Media Gallery Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

This is for updates to http://xenforo.com/community/threads/crowd-fund-mercdesign-media-gallery.34523/.

I think it is time for the first update, there is still a long way to go but I have made the main gallery (global if you will, so no member albums yet). It misses polish, ajax/flash, lots of video features and comments are barely in. However it should give you an idea on the direction I am taking with a lot of things. You can suggest here however I won't be taking them into consideration as I already have the suggestions from the crowed fund contributors to get through. If you would like to get involved the above link has a FAQ.

For those of you wanting an ETA on public release I don't expect it until early next year as what you are seeing needs to get done and that is only the first half, later comes a full on facebook style album and photos/videos complete with tagging, watermarking, comments, likes and so on.

To the point, here are screenshots of test build 39.

permalink.webpedit_category.webpcategories_list.webpview_ip.webpdelete_media.webp

Looks great so far, Robbo! Thanks for the update. I'll have to check in on the dev sites to see what's going on behind the scenes

Robbo, I have no use for a gallery but I watch this with interest. It looks awesome.

Got a lot of respect for the work you've done here. Great stuff (y)

If you follow the link in the first post to the FAQ you will see you can purchase now.

For those of you wanting an ETA on public release I don't expect it until early next year as what you are seeing needs to get done and that is only the first half, later comes a full on facebook style album and photos/videos complete with tagging, watermarking, comments, likes and so on.

So at some point this will even do videos.... Good. I need to finally replace XenMedio (Media)

It already does videos, it was just bugged in that build so I never showed it. Currently it works the same as posting, you just enter a URL. Uses all the XenForo stuff. However I will need to extend it so I can do things like thumbnails. Videos being made awesome is low on the list, images need to be done first.

Nice work! Very looking forward to this.... I think the next preview will convince me to contribute...

It costs $50 to pre-order or get access to the private beta. Inbox me if you want to do that and I'll give you further instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom