Add-on Xen Media Gallery - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
If user albums is promised I'll be buying this, even if it means I'll have to wait for another month or two :)

With a media gallery, it is probably better if things aren't promised unless they are actually going to come... (as seen with that other one). :D

That style is excellent by the way. Great choice for the site.
Thanks. I couldn't find a more perfect style. Audentio has done a fantastic job on that.

A close second was one by John / Razor Themes but sadly it was a tad too dark and I didn't have the time to create a lighter one.

You have "media" in the name, does that mean you'll have support for videos as well? I tried looking through the posts and didn't see anything about it and it looks like it is an "image gallery" rather than a "media gallery".

Since it has the same /media/ in the URL, I guess we would have to uninstall XenMedio.

In that case we'll need..
  • Support to embed Videos (YouTube, Dailymotion etc)
  • An importer to import videos from XenMedio

I recently just purchased XenMedio Pro and want to keep it, and I'd like to use this for a photo gallery, how can we get this to work for us who have Xenmedio Pro, and are interested in using this as well? What would be the best solution could I just change the url path?

I recently just purchased XenMedio Pro and want to keep it, and I'd like to use this for a photo gallery, how can we get this to work for us who have Xenmedio Pro, and are interested in using this as well? What would be the best solution could I just change the url path?
I think it doesn't make sense to install both addons, you'll need to choose one.

And what Brogan said:
It's not possible to have two add-ons using the same route.

Chris - How does this sync with the forum itself? I understand this is a resource manager type add-on, but what's the interplay between the two? Do all images from the forum get added to the Gallery? Are they synced on a per-user/per-forum/etc. basis?

I saw a lot of similaries between this add-on and the 'Showcase' add-on. I've purchased the 'Showcase', which is a powerful and excellent product. This Xen Media Gallery looks great too, just, I wish it could have more distinct features in itself. I know I do hope we can provide our site users a great user album add-on to use, especially, enable users to share their own photos with trusted friends. But that depends on this Friends functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom