Add-on Xen Media Gallery - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sucks. I don't see anywhere a "buy now" button. :D

Fantastic work Chris, looking forward for the final version (and the importers :LOL:)

XenMedio and this awesome media add on both have the same route. What happens if you have one installed and you install the other? /media

Just to be clear too..

>> Once those additional features are released, the price will increase from £40 GBP to £60 GBP.

So if we purchase it at release for 40.. We still will then later receive the additional features that increases it to 60 later for free or will there be a fee to receive them when released?

Further Development
Once released, development will continue to expand the product to incorporate a number of new features. This means the product will expand from being a site-based gallery to include user albums. Thus allowing users to create their own albums and either keep them private or share them accordingly.
Once those additional features are released, the price will increase from £40 GBP to £60 GBP. The initial purchase includes 12 months upgrade and support which can be renewed for a cost of £15 GBP per year.

I take those bold portions to mean that you will have expanded capability; therefore, no additional cost to you within 12 months from purchase. New purchasers will be paying the 60. :)

Kind of a question/suggestion.....I have to scroll down on my browser to see the bottom half of a lot of the pictures in the gallery. When I click "prev" or "next" to see another image the browser jumps back up to the top and I have to scroll back down again to see the full image. Is there any way to keep the browser in place after I scroll down the first time so I can just keep clicking through pictures without having to scroll down every time?

I like and have xenmedio which I invision and want to continue using it for videos, if this can run in coordination with it I'd love to get it primarily as my pic gallery, looks sweet

That's correct.

Though being able to reuse that data in the gallery heavily depends on the Xen Media Gallery tables, but at least that data is there in case you need to uninstall the add-on for any reason. You can then remove the attachment data using the Attachment Browser in the Admin CP.

Thanks Chris,

So if later on down the track Xenforo offers a core product to manage images / media and I un-install this add on would all the media added using this add on be lost?

Just concerned if I use this for a period of time I wouldn't want to loose the media if it gets uninstalled.

Cheers!

The actual files e.g. thumbnails and images will stay on your server after the add-on is uninstalled.

But on top of that, there's of course a lot of other data such as comments, ratings, media titles etc. That does get uninstalled during uinstall - which, usually is the intended effect when you uninstall something.

If XenForo were to offer a core product then to move the media over you would need some sort of importer to do so before uninstalling Xen Media Gallery.

This really needs a comments sidebar for both the gallery home page and hopefully for the forum home page as well.

Any add-on that Chris should be considered as a must-have. But, within one minute of using/viewing the results of his work on this add-on, I can tell that this is an ABSOLUTE must-have!

Can't wait to see it developed further to include importers and user albums capability. At that point, Chris can sit back and watch from his castle as he takes over the world! Bwahahaha! (okay, so that may be a little overboard, but you understand what I mean ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom