CentminMod Alma 8 and Rocky8 Public Beta Testing

It has been rock solid for me on Rocky. I have a few servers that have been testing it and literally could not report anything back to him over the last few months that was an issue.

This is great feedback @Brent W

I have a single h server with multiple vhosts running and am looking forward to migrating with the magic option 21 :)

I've been running a couple of servers also for a month on Alma 8 and no real issues with it. Great job @eva2000 as always extremely thorough research.

If one doesn't need to set up a dedicated mail server with their VPS (in my case, I off-load to SES as it is a fantastic option for performance) then CentMIn Mod is a very viable alternative.
You do need to have a minimal Linux knowledge... but the script simplifies much of it.

As I always say https://community.centminmod.com/threads/guide-to-learning-more-about-centmin-mod.10838/, when learning something new like Centmin Mod, try one a test server - learn the ropes before you try on production live traffic :) You can decide if Centmin Mod is right for you on test server first :)
I think you misundestood.

Exiges.com / Turborenault.co.uk are running already on your centminmod stack since 2017. Its fantastic!

I am looking for a magic migrate from CentOS7 to Alma/Rocky option!

The LOE to build a fresh Alma/Rocky server and just copy over /public seems so low that I don't understand why you'd migrate.

The LOE to build a fresh Alma/Rocky server and just copy over /public seems so low that I don't understand why you'd migrate.

That might work in a vanilla environment.

I have discourse.
I have multiple drive mounts
I have some ninja level docker redirects.

All sat on a fantastic centminmod stack

That might work in a vanilla environment.

I have discourse.
I have multiple drive mounts
I have some ninja level docker redirects.

All sat on a fantastic centminmod stack
Or you could use this as a great opportunity to document everything you have done and forgot and automate the rebuild as much as possible. I learned that the hard way a long time ago.

Or you could use this as a great opportunity to document everything you have done and forgot and automate the rebuild as much as possible. I learned that the hard way a long time ago.
Indeed I could.

I do have the documentation in multiple places.

However, at the minute I am looking for the path of least resistance.

I want to do the ELevate upgrade as a technical challenge.

If that works , then I’ll side by side build out a new host and migrate.

Tonight I migrated three sites from my centminmod stack on CentOS7 and its on Alma with the same great centminmod stack.

Was more straightforward than I remembered!

Last edited:
I got my site running centminmod on CentOS7. Does this thread mean there's a better OS for centminmod/xenforo now? I would like to try if that's true.

I got my site running centminmod on CentOS7. Does this thread mean there's a better OS for centminmod/xenforo now? I would like to try if that's true.
CentOS is going EOL.

AlmaLinux seems to be the flavour of the month and thats what I jumped to.

Top Bottom