Media Gallery Alpha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know, why not just use the route changer?
I assumed it would be better for the addons to do it themselves.
Of course, I say using more of any code by Jake ... the better !
In general, using 2 addons by 2 authors is less stable than 1 addon by 1 author.
It certainly might not be the case in this situation.

I assumed it would be better for the addons to do it themselves.
Of course, I say using more of any code by Jake ... the better !
In general, using 2 addons by 2 authors is less stable than 1 addon by 1 author.
It certainly might not be the case in this situation.
Routes aren't really done that well in XenForo. Making custom routes would be a pain to do it per add-on. And when an add-on does it fine I don't see the issue, I have considered it before but it is really more pain than it is worth.

looking good (y)

question:
is it actually showing in "Recent Activity" that a user has uploaded an image ?

thanks!
Nope not yet.

Guys,

This is an alpha. Robbo has lots of functionality to add. Wait until at least Beta before badgering the guy.

Reactions: HWS
So far no badgering.
Discussing.
No harm.
erich37 would have exploded if he didn't mention pinterest (I knew he would!) :)
Yes but Robbo has already posted that he is making a loss coding this so any additional pressure (such as us requesting/asking this and that) will only add to it especially when it is an Alpha. I know his temperament, it is close to mine :)

Yes but Robbo has already posted that he is making a loss coding this so any additional pressure (such as us requesting/asking this and that) will only add to it especially when it is an Alpha. I know his temperament, it is close to mine :)
hehehehe. Touche!
Feisty scale: Robbo >> Deebs

Loss ? The post crowdsourcing sales will be good. Not to mention the benefit$ of being the "go to" gallery for Xenforo going forward.

As the vB crowd comes here over 2013 ... they'll buy Xenforo and then want a Gallery.
As everyone wanted in 2010.

hehehehe. Touche!
lol, get me at the wrong moment and Deebs > * :(

Anyway, this addon has a way to go and I have done my duty and will support Robbo as best I can to ensure it is completed and supported going forward. I am desperate to expose my old PhotoPost gallery in XF.

hehehehe. Touche!

Loss ? The post crowdsourcing sales will be good. Not to mention the benefit$ of being the "go to" gallery for Xenforo going forward.

As the vB crowd comes here over 2013 ... they'll buy Xenforo and then want a Gallery.
As everyone wanted in 2010.
I won't be turning a profit for this for a long time. I would say the only add-on I have that is close to breaking even is the donation manager. This market is very small. So basically I have to commit to the long term to make being broke now worth it. To get this into alpha I spent the last 3 days/nights (about 12 hours straight each) because I told my phone provider I would pay my bill by friday and I thought getting it to alpha would get a couple pre-orders :p And luckily as of about an hour ago I go those orders so my phone stays on :D

Oh and I may as well tell you, Chris will be working with me on this soon so that should speed things up.

I won't be turning a profit for this for a long time. I would say the only add-on I have that is close to breaking even is the donation manager. This market is very small. So basically I have to commit to the long term to make being broke now worth it. To get this into alpha I spent the last 3 days/nights (about 12 hours straight each) because I told my phone provider I would pay my bill by friday and I thought getting it to alpha would get a couple pre-orders :p And luckily as of about an hour ago I go those orders so my phone stays on :D

Oh and I may as well tell you, Chris will be working with me on this soon so that should speed things up.
Robbo, happy to fund development in some way. PM me.

Looking forward with great interests.

Robbo.. by Facebook style, does it mean when the photo pops up (highslide) it will have comment bars on the right side. Just like you can see people commenting on the right side of the photos in facebook.

Looking forward with great interests.

Robbo.. by Facebook style, does it mean when the photo pops up (highslide) it will have comment bars on the right side. Just like you can see people commenting on the right side of the photos in facebook.
I don't actually like that style too much. Basically if someone clicks a photo from within your profile it will load a new page and show the image with comments etc. However if they click it from somewhere else on the site, like a post, sidebar etc then it will have an ajax overlay with comments like facebook but probably presented a bit differently.

What's the status of this add on? I originally was not really interested since XFR albums was free but it seems that the author has gone missing for about a year. XF needs a polished gallery add on! :D

Reactions: vVv
Robbo, I can not see a activity feed screenshots on Media Gallery?.. Can you add some screenshot for recent activity item (alerts, feed page etc.) ?

What's the status of this add on? I originally was not really interested since XFR albums was free but it seems that the author has gone missing for about a year. XF needs a polished gallery add on! :D
Aplha 1?

Robbo, I can not see a activity feed screenshots on Media Gallery?.. Can you add some screenshot for recent activity item (alerts, feed page etc.) ?
That's because there is none. I consider that kind of stuff polish and because of how you do them it is best added later anyway in-case core changes happen. Probably won't see these until the first beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom