Crowd fund MercDesign Media Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had worked fine for me.
I have funds available on my Paypal account, thus making it easier sending money. Besides, Paypal is the de facto standard payment solution everywhere, so I see no reason the developer can't provide such a choise.

Hi

actually I do not want to waste this thread with suggestions to earn easier the money for this project.

But as a matter of fact, we all should not assume that what we know or feel comfortable with is the same for everyone on the internet. We all should know this, because we are all administrators on one or more forums, right?

So you always have 2 choices. Either make it, how you personally think is the best option or you make it, so that even the last internet user will understand it. Since you want to have their money, I would suggest option # 2 ;)

You have normally 5-10 seconds maximum. During this time, a user decides whether he looks more closely on a website or not. Do not even think that a user will search longer if he want to donate you something. If he is not finding what he is hoping for, i.e. a paypal sign on the first half of the page (without scrolling) he is gone and does normally not come back. it is called usability ;)

This is so... weird. Do you think I own that website or something? Do you suddenly trust a website that has a paypal image on it? I'm so confused about what you are on about. It is very clear it is a trusted company, I even had to send in photo ID. And you don't trust it because there is a missing PayPal image? What the hell.

Looking good Robbo glad to see you got the minimum.

Money is tight just now, but I will definitely purchase the addon when the Photopost importer is available as i have thousands of images to convert.

Hi

actually I do not want to waste this thread with suggestions to earn easier the money for this project.

But as a matter of fact, we all should not assume that what we know or feel comfortable with is the same for everyone on the internet. We all should know this, because we are all administrators on one or more forums, right?

So you always have 2 choices. Either make it, how you personally think is the best option or you make it, so that even the last internet user will understand it. Since you want to have their money, I would suggest option # 2 ;)

You have normally 5-10 seconds maximum. During this time, a user decides whether he looks more closely on a website or not. Do not even think that a user will search longer if he want to donate you something. If he is not finding what he is hoping for, i.e. a paypal sign on the first half of the page (without scrolling) he is gone and does normally not come back. it is called usability ;)

I consider it more of an investment or purchase rather than a donation as we'll be getting a product out of it, and for anyone that's read the thread, it should be pretty clear by now that it's a legit site.

However I do agree that it couldn't hurt to put an brief explanation in the OP of what this site is and that paypal is payment option once registered on the site. This should ease some minds and prevent any more possible issues as it seems to be a question posed by many potential donators (Garamond is the perfect case in point, he simply didn't realize paypal was an option until it had to be pointed out after a few posts and was then happy to donate).

For anyone still curious, you register with the site with an email address and password (just like any forum you run that users trust to submit their info to). Then when you pay you get transferred to the secure paypal payment gateway like so:

robbo.webp

No point losing some potential donators for the sake of making the OP a bit more informative, then we can stop talking about money and get onto to the good stuff, the actual media gallery!

This got funded !
382381176_5611378c62_o.gif

yourpayment.sent.webp

This is so... weird. Do you think I own that website or something? Do you suddenly trust a website that has a paypal image on it? I'm so confused about what you are on about. It is very clear it is a trusted company, I even had to send in photo ID. And you don't trust it because there is a missing PayPal image? What the hell.

Hi

you obviously misunderstood me. First, I donated already a couple of days ago. Second, I just tried to explain, why several people might have either hesitated to donate immediately or just stopped the idea because of the way this site is structured. This is no offense to you. Just an explanation, because some other users tried to state as everybody in the world HAS TO KNOW this company ;)

If I were in your shoes, I would launch a second site parallel to the existing ones just for all your old and future projects and put then a PayPal button with a funding scheme right in the face of the visitor :)

I think it is a very good idea to make advertisments for Mod-ideas like you did it with a concrete funding scheme. There is no free lunch. And if someone is able to offer a mod which is valuable for x-amount of users, he should also benefit from it. Thanks to this, the developper of the mod is able to plan things ahead, which is fair enough and a lot better than doing something without knowing whether people would buy it later on.

And thanks to this, everybody of the Xenforo customers see, that there is a lot of progress going on for new features and this whining about lack of new version of XF comes to an end ;)

Bumping this so more people can fund. Again even though the goal was reached doesn't mean you should stop funding, Robbo needs to eat too ;)

I'll have to wait until the end of the month but I'll chip in as I can find a use for this on several of my sites. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

What if were not able to donate for another week or two, would donating then receive the same perks as donating now.. like access to the first builds etc?

What if were not able to donate for another week or two, would donating then receive the same perks as donating now.. like access to the first builds etc?

It runs till August 30, so till then you're sure you'll get it.
But I'm sure that if you make a decent donation, we'll get you access to the first builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom