Crowd fund MercDesign Media Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cool feature which nobody has: settings for x- amount of images per WEEK per usergroup. This makes it a lot easier to sell premium memberships.

Both for uploaded images on the server and for linked images of external ressources

Do you mean as a kind of best images of the month?

No, more like an ongoing master gallery with stuff continually added. I've done this manually for many years in various ways.....
http://www.hearth.com/gall

The idea being that eventually you have hundreds or thousands of images in a nice gallery for the public (not associated with any user - or at least not officially).

Of course, the gallery could have a field saying which user uploaded it originally (credit to:)

If we hit the number does development start immediately or does the time need to expire before you can collect and there for start development?

If we hit the number does development start immediately or does the time need to expire before you can collect and there for start development?

Good question. I would assume he would be able to collect the money immediately.

Once the number is hit I believe they start the process to get the money to me. However more can be added over the target goal which tbh is also needed (but I will make do if it doesn't to make sure this gets done).

Development actually already started before I even did this but had to stop for other things because of the lack of money. My 'schedule' is currently finish up a new dev tool I am making in preparation for this, a couple days working for a client doing bits and pieces which should be 3 days max, donation manager next beta to testers (it's around 50% done, would expect 2 days max for this) and then full on media gallery work. So if all goes well work should start at the end of next week or soon after.

Oh and with rewards. I will send emails about claiming licenses. Another email about getting the current Simple Gallery which will in turn mean you have access to the public Media Gallery when it comes out (those who already have a Simple Gallery license get another). And the private areas for people who have the $50 or more reward will be setup when I have the first test build ready. This will be done both on my forums and on trello (where you can all vote on things).

I'm just curious and I don't want to offend somebody - but is there any guarantee for donors that money wouldn't be "lost"?

I am in ! But I have some questions before.

1- As other users I have Photopost Pro. An importer is needed for this because without that, well, we have nothing. Is that planned ?
2- Where is the demo to at least see the basic things and how it look/works ?
3- Will it work with template modification system ?

I can't wait to be able to import everything to this and leave PhotoPost !!

Coool ! :D

I'm just curious and I don't want to offend somebody - but is there any guarantee for donors that money wouldn't be "lost"?
Look at how many add-ons I have etc, the quality and the fact I am commited to XenForo, can't really turn back now.

I am in ! But I have some questions before.

1- As other users I have Photopost Pro. An importer is needed for this because without that, well, we have nothing. Is that planned ?
2- Where is the demo to at least see the basic things and how it look/works ?
3- Will it work with template modification system ?

I can't wait to be able to import everything to this and leave PhotoPost !!

Coool ! :D
1. importers will come last for anything that is needed, so Photopost, the user ablums on here, Simple Gallery, IPBs gallery etc
2. I have been having issues with my ISP and host on getting to my website (weird issues) however I have a spare license and will, when I have time, be setting up demo.mercenarydesign.net.au. People who contribute $50 or more will get private access to test builds
3. TMS will not be a dependency

Not sure if I overlooked this but if we run 2 or 3 forums, will we be able to use it on all 2/3?

Overall, looks like a better set of features than the curent options for Xenforo.

Just to chip in I use the Simple Gallery now and it's perfect for what we need. We're looking forward to this release, the one question I did have Robbo was quick to the punch on answering it, and past that the plugin has been easy to use.

I'm glad to see the fund came along!

I'm in. Looks like we just need $50 more. :)

edit: would be fantastic if you included a sidebar/xenporta module/block to show only videos or only images or both (y)

Remember guys. Development costs are far greater than what I have put here (it is a safe bare minimum number that I can live off of). So anyone who hasn't contributed yet you still can. And $50 (which is what the price will be when it gets released on special, full price will be $60) gets you a say in development and access to test builds.

Full time development will be starting towards the end of next week and not stopping until public beta at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom