Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Did you re-introduce the Post Ratings issue / conflict in the latest update of Conversation Essentials (Conv Ess 1.6.2, Post Ratings 1.7.0)?

Because I'm again having this exact same problem:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-essentials-paid.27874/page-37#post-889965

(And yes, it's not the code change I mentioned to you in private; I reverted that back to test if it was it).

EDIT: Confirmed. Disabling Post Ratings 1.7.0 the like/unlike private conversation messages work again (with Conv Ess 1.6.2), but not when Post Ratings is enabled...
@Daniel Hood

I found the problem.

In ConvEss 1.6.1 you had the below in addon-ConvEss.xml (but you have removed this code from the .xml in 1.6.2):
Code:
2504    <modification template="dark_postrating_account_ratings_given" modification_key="convess_dark_postrating_account_ratings_given_1" description="" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">         
2505    <find><![CDATA[<xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2506    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2507    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="news_feed_item_postrating_rate"><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include>         
2508    </xen:set>         
2509    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2510    </xen:include>]]></find>         
2511    <replace><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$content.content_type} == 'convess_message'">         
2512    <xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2513    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2514    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="convess_message_like_given_feed_item"><xen:set var="$link">{xen:link 'conversations/message', '', 'message_id={$content.content_id}'}</xen:set><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include></xen:set>         
2515    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2516    </xen:include>         
2517    <xen:else />         
2518    <xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2519    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2520    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="news_feed_item_postrating_rate"><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include></xen:set>         
2521    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2522    </xen:include>         
2523    </xen:if>]]></replace>         
2524    </modification>         
2525    <modification template="dark_postrating_account_ratings_received" modification_key="convess_dark_postrating_account_ratings_received_1" description="" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">         
2526    <find><![CDATA[<xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2527    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2528    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="news_feed_item_postrating_rate"><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include>         
2529    </xen:set>         
2530    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2531    </xen:include>]]></find>         
2532    <replace><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$content.content_type} == 'convess_message'">         
2533    <xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2534    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2535    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="convess_message_like_feed_item"><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include></xen:set>         
2536    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2537    </xen:include>         
2538    <xen:else />         
2539    <xen:include template="news_feed_item">         
2540    <xen:map from="$content" to="$item" />         
2541    <xen:set var="$itemTemplate"><xen:include template="news_feed_item_postrating_rate"><xen:map from="$content" to="$user" /></xen:include></xen:set>         
2542    <xen:set var="$itemDate">{$content.date}</xen:set>         
2543    </xen:include>         
2544    </xen:if>]]></replace>         
2545    </modification>

2571    </xen:if>]]></replace>         
2572    </modification>         
2573    <modification template="message" modification_key="convess_message_1" description="" execution_order="100" enabled="1" action="str_replace">         
2574    <find><![CDATA[<xen:hook name="dark_postrating_likes_bar" params="{xen:array 'post={$message}','message_id={$messageId}'}" />]]></find>         
2575    <replace><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$conversation}">         
2576    <div id="likes-{$messageId}"><xen:if is="{$message.likes}"><xen:include template="likes_summary" /></xen:if></div>         
2577    <xen:else />         
2578    <xen:hook name="dark_postrating_likes_bar" params="{xen:array 'post={$message}','message_id={$messageId}'}" />

Our alerts stopped working with this addon now, to break it down what happens is that once we get an alert it doesnt show up but if we refresh the page its there. We too are using post ratings. I had to disable this addon for now.

Another glitch is that when we received a convo we couldnt get to alerts nor convos, the bar kept spinning but if you refresh its there.

What alerts? Are you referring to the 'likes summary' when you click one of the post ratings? I'll be including that template modification again in the next release. I didn't mean to remove it.

Another glitch is that when we received a convo we couldnt get to alerts nor convos, the bar kept spinning but if you refresh its there.
I don't think this has anything to do with Conversation Essentials. Either your site was just running slow at the time (or your internet) or another add on that hooks into those actions is loading slow. Conversation Essentials doesn't do anything when you open those areas.

1.7.0 Coming Soon
  • Ability to disable the search functionality.
  • Compatibility fix with Post Ratings.
  • Admin option to disable users getting an alert when someone is added to the conversation.
the price of this add on will become $45.00 USD upon release.

so question, price says that it's $41.72 (yearly renewal) - so does this mean that if I get this and want to use it more than a year, I have to pay another $40+ to renew it in a year?

@Daniel Hood
No one is able to create PM messages.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/users-cannot-make-forum-conversation.96401/

Getting spammed with this in server log.
http://pastie.org/private/vjtvgx3zzadpyavomgqea
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Non-recipients cannot reply to a conversation. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php:119
Generated By: Dewsy, 15 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(29): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#1 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#2 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php(1352): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(76): ConvEss_Model_Conversation->sendAutoResponse(57227, Array, '[FONT=Tahoma][C...')
#4 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/Tapatalk/Push/Conversation.php(11): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#5 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): Tapatalk_Push_Conversation->_postSave()
#6 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(625): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(969): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#8 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#9 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(54) "http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/conversations/insert"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/conversations/insert"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(8) {
["recipients"] => string(10) "BigB_Man, "
["title"] => string(13) "Forum Ratings"
["message_html"] => string(295) "<p>Hi BigB_Man, </p><p><br></p><p>We noticed that your ratings shot up overnight, and as you gave these to yourself via your alt account, we have reduced them accordingly. This is considered to be an abuse of a forum feature within the definition of our forum rules.</p><p><br></p><p>Dewsy</p>
"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(63) "http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/conversations/add?to=BigB_Man"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/forum/conversations/add?to=BigB_Man"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Apparently there is an issue with pming this user BigB_Man, however sending mail to other users is fine.

EDIT: Disabling ConvESS sends the pm to BigB_Man fine. Please advise on a fix.

Last edited:
Does this add-on have the ability to delete
  • conversations that are withing certain date range?
  • conversations by users that haven't been active within certain date range?

@Daniel Hood
No one is able to create PM messages.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/users-cannot-make-forum-conversation.96401/

Getting spammed with this in server log.
http://pastie.org/private/vjtvgx3zzadpyavomgqea
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Non-recipients cannot reply to a conversation. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php:119
Generated By: Dewsy, 15 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(29): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#1 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#2 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php(1352): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(76): ConvEss_Model_Conversation->sendAutoResponse(57227, Array, '[FONT=Tahoma][C...')
#4 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/Tapatalk/Push/Conversation.php(11): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#5 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): Tapatalk_Push_Conversation->_postSave()
#6 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(625): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(969): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#8 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#9 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/ecocitycraft/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(54) "http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/conversations/insert"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/conversations/insert"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(8) {
["recipients"] => string(10) "BigB_Man, "
["title"] => string(13) "Forum Ratings"
["message_html"] => string(295) "<p>Hi BigB_Man, </p><p><br></p><p>We noticed that your ratings shot up overnight, and as you gave these to yourself via your alt account, we have reduced them accordingly. This is considered to be an abuse of a forum feature within the definition of our forum rules.</p><p><br></p><p>Dewsy</p>
"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(63) "http://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/conversations/add?to=BigB_Man"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(36) "/forum/conversations/add?to=BigB_Man"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Apparently there is an issue with pming this user BigB_Man, however sending mail to other users is fine.

EDIT: Disabling ConvESS sends the pm to BigB_Man fine. Please advise on a fix.
Are you using the latest version? This should have been fixed the 1.6.2 revision.

Does this add-on have the ability to delete
  • conversations that are withing certain date range?
  • conversations by users that haven't been active within certain date range?
No, neither of those are features of this add-on.

Do you have any plans on adding such functionality in the future?
I don't want to rule it out but I don't plan on it currently. Those features would be in the admin panel exclusively and aside from 'options' there are no other parts of this add-on in the admin panel. It seems a little out of scope but we'll see.

Have you got this resolved?
Personally, I was assuming that it was resolved based on them liking the post and not saying anything else. I might be wrong though. If you look back before I released 1.6.2, someone else complained about the same thing, and didn't imply to have issues after the update. I'm fairly confident it was fixed in 1.6.2 (and if so, it's still fixed in 1.7.0).

I interested in this add-on but I'm concerned about these issues and I don't want to introduce problems on my site. I'm running XF 1.4.6. Thanks.
I appreciate your interest, feel free to ask any more questions. I don't think you should be concerned with stability, there are several very large forums using this add-on. That said, there's always risk for things to break and when/if they do, I do my best to fix them in a timely fashion.

@Daniel Hood

Good to see we can disable the search, thanks for getting that working.

I went to rebuild all of my search indexes, and I noticed convess is still there, though I deselected Conversations Searchable in the options. Usually when rebuilding the Search Index I select All and let it run. Should I not do this now?

@Daniel Hood

Good to see we can disable the search, thanks for getting that working.

I went to rebuild all of my search indexes, and I noticed convess is still there, though I deselected Conversations Searchable in the options. Usually when rebuilding the Search Index I select All and let it run. Should I not do this now?
It's fine that it's in the list, it'll still be removed. Although, if I recall, you use ElasticSearch so you shouldn't even need to do it. Only MySql powered search sites will need to.

I have this exact same problem @Daniel Hood

What was the fix?

I've never before used this addon; installed first time today, the latest version from xenmods.com, and XF is 1.4.3.

There is no convess search type in the Rebuild Search dropdown. And I can't access the tab "Search Conversations".

View attachment 92756
I have this exact same problem now that I upgraded to 1.7.0.

Previously I fixed it by running a few queries @Daniel Hood gave me.

Is the fix same again?

That's odd. You shouldn't have lost it during an update. Go into options and turn conversations searchable off and then back on. That should fix it for you but I'm confused as to how it would have disappeared during an update.

That's odd. You shouldn't have lost it during an update. Go into options and turn conversations searchable off and then back on. That should fix it for you but I'm confused as to how it would have disappeared during an update.
That worked, however I did have to re-build the search index (probably rebuilding convess index would have been enough, I chose the all option) after disabling and enabling that option, as nothing was found in the conversations without re-index.

I have ElasticSearch.

Not sure why the add-on upgrade caused it... but works now.

Top Bottom