Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Hello,

I'm glad you're enjoying the add-on.

Shame on you for not reading the 40 pages :p. You cannot currently start a conversion with a group via direct linking. The title part will work though. I'll look into adding that in a future release. You are correct that the user has to manually set up their groups.

Hi Daniel,

I am trying to configure [bd] Push Notifications and as per the attachments, wondering if any of these are linked to either Conversation Essentials or User Essentials and if so, do you know which Phrases I can edit to correct these?

On top of that, as you can tell there would be four conversation options for the Push Notifications, do you recommend I offer all of them or can I safety untick the conversation ones so no one can select them?

Thanks
Sorry I missed this;

If you haven't already resolved it, the media one is not related to my add-ons. However, the other two are. I think you can just create the phrase "unc" with "Username Change" and it should show up correctly there. If it does, do the same thing for the other phrases (using the exact phrase listed on the page). If that doesn't work, we'll need to see what xfrocks is prefixing the phrases with.

Sorry I missed this;

If you haven't already resolved it, the media one is not related to my add-ons. However, the other two are. I think you can just create the phrase "unc" with "Username Change" and it should show up correctly there. If it does, do the same thing for the other phrases (using the exact phrase listed on the page). If that doesn't work, we'll need to see what xfrocks is prefixing the phrases with.

Heya,

The 'unc' one worked however, before doing the other ones, are they even needed as I can disable them in options so they do not show as options. I am not quite sure which is the normal XF ones and which is Conversation Essential ones that need to be given a notification.

Conversation - XF conversation notification
convess - Conversation Essentials (does this need to be offered if the above is done?)
convess_conversation - Conversation Essentials Conversation (again, does this override the default XF one as I will disable Conversation and use this instead of you have any ideas)
convess_message - Conversation Essentials Message (I assume this is when you get a reply to a message and not the initial conversation and if so does it need to be selectable once again)

Cheers and just updated to 1.7.2 also, thanks!

Attachments

• phrases.webp
    phrases.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm not really sure, the convess_message one is likely for likes. I'm not sure how this push add-on is set up and what these are triggering. I'd either turn them off and leave them off, or turn them on one by one and trigger them by liking and stuff.

Alright cheers, I'll just disable them for now as the top Conversation one should still send a conversation notification as it's from the default XF end.

Alright cheers, I'll just disable them for now as the top Conversation one should still send a conversation notification as it's from the default XF end.
Yes, the other ones are for message likes and when someone gets invited to the conversion and I'm not sure about the 3rd one off the top of my head.

Thank you Daniel fot the quick update ...
What will be the direct url format to call group in conversation?

No. This is just a shortcut for messaging groups you have. You still cannot set groups for people, they have to set their own.

Can anyone in your exemple launch a conversation with staff group even if he does not have staff group set in preferences ?
Request that :D That's what I'm looking for.

It should be toggleable on each usergroup if it can be targeted as conversation group.

Please add a feature to limit the number of posts in an private conversation. If not there will be 100,000+ posts hidden private chatting conversations in members inbox, lagging the server and sucking all the system resources.

1.8 will be released next week. The new features are:
  • Admin setting and cron to prune conversations without a new message in x days. The conversation can be 10 years old but if it had a new message last week it will not be deleted.
  • User/User group permission to delete conversation messages (cannot delete the first message of a conversation).

Top Bottom