1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.11.3

Vital functions and features for viewing and managing personal conversations.

1. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Syndol submitted a new resource:

Conversation Essentials (version 1.0.1) - Vital functions and features for viewing and managing personal conversations.

Read more about this resource...

2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

David I wonder if you would consider adding Follows avatars to the sidebar on all Conversation pages? Same as appears on the forum list front page.
    With a link to Start Convo under each one.
    This would act as a personal address book.

Also the effect when I type in an addressee's name is a bit silly. It's good that it shows me the name of the member + mini avatar. That is reassuring that I have the name spelled right. BUT I should be able to put the first few letters, eg "Syn- " get the dropdown, then CLICK the dropdown for the full name to transfer to the box.
    It always feels like it ought to to that but then it does not.

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Hi Morgain,

The mini address book sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it.

Not sure where you are having problems with this. Is this when you are starting a conversation or when creating a group?
    In both cases when you type a name in, the hint box with the avatar should appear and when you click on it the name should be entered into the input box for you.

4. Morgain

Cool. Glad it interests you.
    I did a mockup for another coder who never coded it. I put a title over it "MY PEOPLE."
    The avatars were to act normally - open Membercard. Plus an individual link under each to open convo.
    I also put a link centre under the avatar block "My Inbox."

Ah I thought this was odd. Mine doesn't. Maybe a js problem although I don't have this kind of problem elsewhere. It's on all XF boards though not just mine.

5. Morgain

Just to complicate things for you Syndol - never let it be said I make life simple for coders

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-a-friends-list-in-xenforo.27907/#post-328228

User can select SOME of the Follows as Friends. Code 1 if selected.
    These always list priority first in a users list like on Profile, Conversation participants, or sidebar who's online, or Conversation sidebar.
    and maybe have a 1px border wherever their avatar shows.

An impertinent extra! When selection is made to promote Follow to Friend, the Friend gets a Conversation message
    "I have added you to my Friends because you're important!"
    User can change the message. So I guess it opens a Convo message with pre-set editable text; but in another tab, so as not to interfere with selecting more Friends!

Just tell me to go away. I understand.

6. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Well, what you are talking about is a whole new add-on.
    It is one thing to place 'follow' avatars on the conversation list (not even sure where as a side bar would look out of place there), but to select 'friends' is a complete new ball game.

erich37 likes this.
  7. Morgain

:) OK. I accept it might be a new addon to go that far - the Friends thing.

But the Follows I mentioned before would go in a sidebar.
    In the completed message page it would go under Participants.
    On other Convo pages it would just be the standard XF sidebar - showing my avatar at top, with this Follows block underneath as an include.
    I have the standard sidebar on all pages incl. convo ones, with my own include. It looks fine and really helps navigation. (One link I put in my include template is the Quick Navigation one.)

8. Syndol

Syndol Guest

New.png Now includes a TMS import file for all the template edits.

yavuz likes this.
  9. Hardcore

Hardcore Active Member

This looks like an amazing must have add-on!

Quick question: do you recommend grabbing TMS as well? Or is it not required?

10. Syndol

Syndol Guest

It is not required at all, but if you hate manual template edits then TMS solves that for you.

11. Hardcore

Hardcore Active Member

I just saw that in the detailed instructions right have I posted that. Thanks! I'll be buying this tonight and grabbing TMS. We're going to have a lot of happy users. ;)

Syndol likes this.
  12. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

14. Syndol

Syndol Guest

I'm afraid not, but the information is there in the member card if you just click their username or avatar.

15. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

it's not a convenient way.
    Can you have a small icon or a small screen border to see if he is online?

16. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

I've troubles with this addon. After seeing things was not displayed on the conversation page, I've uninstalled the addon, revert back templates changes, then installing TMS addon, and installing Conversation Essentials v1.0.3 and I get :
    [​IMG]

What should I do, now ?

18. Syndol

Syndol Guest

It looks like you have not reverted the templates completely.
    Ensure that 'conversation_list' and 'conversation_list_item' do not have any lines that start with <!-- ConvEss -->

19. Arkshine

Arkshine Active Member

I've used the button to revert changes. Anyway, just searched abour conversation_list, and it doesn't find the template.
    Actually for any templates modified by TMS.
    [​IMG]

Though I can see the changes in Templates Modifications

[​IMG]

One thing weird, is for example, is I click on "diff", it says the template was not found.. Is it a bug with TMS ?

Anyway, what should I do ?

20. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Looks like you have deleted the templates from the MASTER style.
    You will have to reinstall them I guess.