Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I've deleted nothing... I've not used the X or whatever. Just uninstalling CE/installatin TMS/reinstalling CE. Maybe it's because I'm in the debug mode ?
Will try again and again to reinstall the addon. :confused:

Just to say there is something wrong with your setup or/and TMS.

What I've done :

- Removing debug mode
- Uninstalling CE
- Checking in Template Modifications and was empty
- Reuploding CE files and overwriting all
- Installing CE

Checking the conversations list, and nothing was changed... Still view things in double.

Since the templates are now available, looking at _list and _list_item, you can see there were <!-- ConvEss --> code.
I thought it was solved with 1.0.3 ?

Other weird things are sometimes <!-- ConvEss --> was not always present or original code was missing.
Example : In _list for example, <form action="#" method="post"> was missing.

Checking all the modified templates and the <!-- ConvEss --> seems to be still present and If I understand with TMS, you should not see that ?

EDIT: and yes, removing code in _list and list_item, and I don't see in double.

Reverting your templates means you should end up with the original XenForo template code.
Original templates should not have <!-- ConvEss --> in them.
If you are having trouble reverting your templates then you can find the original in your XenForo folder:
install/data/templates.xml

I guess I will remove TMS and reinstalling again all, because it gives a lot of issues. If I revert templates with the button, they are deleted... I've also for some Undefined index: template_map_id error.
What a waste of time. Will try for the third time to uninstall/reinstall this addon and hoping that the manual edit will work this time...

EDIT : guitar (TMS' author) helps me to understand that modified templates are not reverted when the related addon is uninstalled. After recreating the deleting templates, reinstalling TMS then CE, it works as expected. I don't know much how works XF and sometimes it's kind of confusing, will know for the next time.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4

What's new:
  • Added an option to allow admins and moderators to reply to locked conversations. This saves moderators from having to start a new conversation whenever a member contacts them with a locked conversation.
  • Fixed another issue to do with conversation stickies.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/ConvEss/' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the addon-ConvEss_104.xml
The file has now been emailed to everyone.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is a really cool add on, but I think it could be improved with some UI improvements.

When no participant groups have been created there's a link to create one when starting a new conversation like so:

1 new group.webp

Once at least one group has been created this button disappears :(

2 no new group.webp

Which is a bit unfortunate, it took me a minute to figure out then where I could create a second group. I looked around my Inbox for a way of doing this and saw nothing, and then figured out that I had to go to 'Your Account' to then edit the additional conversation settings. Whilst I figured it out pretty quick, I'm not sure how many casual users would think to look in their main account settings to make messaging/conversation setting adjustments. I would kind of expect messaging options to be linked directly from the inbox view.

Perhaps direct links to these could be displayed on the main inbox page in the green areas like so or possibly some other way?

4 possible button placements.webp

As amending these settings takes you away from the 'Conversations' areas and the 'Your Account' area perhaps a 'Return to Inbox' button at the bottom of the page for each of these settings so the user can quickly navigate back and carry on with with their messaging? Possible placement show below:

5 return to inbox.webp

Anyway, those are just a few suggestions. I really like this mod though, I think it will become extremely handy :)

Hi robinhood,
Thank you for your feedback.
I can only assume that once one has created a group they can remember where it was done. Besides, everything to do with conversations is in one place (as the image below depicts), and that is on the Account page:
Picture 2.webp

The space where you want to display the 'create a group' link is used to tell users how many recipients they can have in one conversation. In your case it is not there as you are in a usergroup that has no limit.

Creating conversation groups and/or prefixes is not something one does on a regular basis and so I do not see the need to have links to theses actions in the inbox.
This, of course, is my personal opinion which does not necessarily make it right :eek:

Does anyone else feel strongly about this one way or the other - do you want links to creating groups/prefixes in your Inbox?

Bug

Server Error

Undefined offset: 43824
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 458
  2. ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->_addParticipants() in ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 35
  3. ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /store1/www/it.immobilio.www/doc_root/index.php at line 13

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5

What's new:
  • Fixed a bug to do with the last message of a conversation belonging to a deleted member.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Optional (to display correct version) - Upgrade the addon-ConvEss_105.xml
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Read the rest of this update entry...

are there any new phrases in this Add-on?
wondering if this Add-on could be used for another language than english.... any hard-coded phrases?

thanks!

Syndol, any chance you can allow members to put a "edit reason"? When I and my moderators edit a post of someone, we would like to input a reason why it's being edit.

Thanks!

Hi,
I try to set the inbox limit permission. But it doesn't work. I can have more than 5 conversations, for example, without anything happening. What's wrong?

You either belong to another user goup that has an unlimited (or at least a higher) limit, or you have specifically set the user level permission to unlimited.

My PayPal issue is now resolved.
So for those interested, this add-on is once again available.
Thanks for your patience.

Top Bottom