Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 2.7.7

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Are the labels / folders private to the user who created them or can the label be seen by all conversation participants?

After installing the Conversation Improvements and Essentials addons we've noticed that reactions in conversations now add to the total reaction score. How do we revert to the XF default? We don't want reactions received from conversations to count towards the user's total reaction score.

After installing the Conversation Improvements and Essentials addons we've noticed that reactions in conversations now add to the total reaction score. How do we revert to the XF default? We don't want reactions received from conversations to count towards the user's total reaction score.
In the admincp, search for the "Count conversation message reactions to totals" option and disable it.

Oh I've missed that one, I thought all the settings are in the addon options, thanks Xon.

Another thing, is it possible for Admins and Moderators not to bypass the inbox limit?
We've set limits on their respective usergroups but somehow they are not bound by it.

This feature isn't applied to staff, because otherwise it can prevent them being contacted or using the conversation warning feature

That makes sense. But it wouldn't hurt to give forum owners the control how much resources would they allocate to certain individuals. Not all forums have powerful server or unlimited resources. Anyway we could always ask them to maintain decent amount of inbox space for their moderating related conversations.

By the way, do members who've reached their inbox limit still able to receive Staff conversation and/or conversation warning?

Hello. I did a search for this in the thread, found no results, and since this seems to be the most comprehensive add-on for conversations, I thought I would ask.

BCC. It's such an essential for email, and while conversations aren't technically email, they are . . . email, at least as far as Xenforo is concerned. Is it impossible to add a BCC field? I don't see that CC is necessary, as if you are using "To" then "CC" is redundant. However, there are many, many times when I wish to send an email to a dozen members, but, don't wish the other members to know who is being addressed. You want an example? Okay, we have multiple writing contests going on throughout the year. I want to update those who are participating in Contest #48 with some important news, but, since the contests are by anonymous entry only, I cannot list them in the Conversation. So, I have to either create 12 conversations and do a lot of copy/paste, or, I have to take the time to laboriously create a special group and then send an alert just to them . . .

BCC would be something very, very useful. Thank you for reading this.

I'm exploring this addon for the first time and have a couple questions.

[ConvEss] Copy conversation messages to thread
I don't see this specific permission. I see the export permission, and various setup options for copying to threads, but I don't see the actual permission.

Trash
This is for conversations that continue to exist after you leave them. Is that correct?

I just noticed that the breadcrumb link on the Trashed Conversations page is broken. Not an emergency but I wanted to report.

I'm exploring this addon for the first time and have a couple questions.

[ConvEss] Copy conversation messages to thread
I don't see this specific permission. I see the export permission, and various setup options for copying to threads, but I don't see the actual permission.
It is under "Conversation moderator permissions", which isn't expanded by default so searching the page via ctrl-f doesn't find it. Use the filter control on the top-right to find permissions via name even under collapsed entries.

Trash
This is for conversations that continue to exist after you leave them. Is that correct?
Yes. Either until everyone leaves, or the "Prevent conversation hard-delete" option is disabled.

There is an addon to write myself a private message.
I can use this to write some notes.

But these notes will be deleted if i use the prune-function, and I like to use this function instead doing it manually two times a year.

Maybe it would be a nice idea to have a directory, where we not prune.
Or dont prune, when prefix?
Or dont prune, when in group with permission "dont prune!"

Just some ideas ... I have a desk, a monitor and post-its ... :)

@Xon

I ran the purge option to reduce the size of xf_conversation_message.ibd table, which took our conversation count from 1,395,827 to 19,281, but the table is still the same size (7.4GB). Do I need to do something further to reduce the size?

You would need to run optimize table xf_conversation_message to actually free up the diskspace.

Great, thanks.

Does this mean conversations which should be deleted (when all members have left) are still taking up disk space if we don't manually optimize our tables periodically?

Does this mean conversations which should be deleted (when all members have left) are still taking up disk space if we don't manually optimize our tables periodically?
As older conversations are deleted, new ones will reuse the space instead of allocating more diskspace, so it should workout ok. It is only when a large amount is deleted this will be noticeable.

Top Bottom