Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Was wondering if you would possibly let us know the css correction to make for this issue.

Thanks

Daniel, how can I fix this in PC list? As you can see... they go over the pagination, let alone then fold under and hide when responsive. There must be a better way to do user avatars?

View attachment 90806

I'm not really sure where else you would want them honestly. I could adjust the css so it's not blocking the pagination (that wasn't intentional anyways, didn't notice myself as I don't have that enabled). As far as a "better way to do user avatars" I really don't have one, do you?

Hello,
I receive this error..

Code:
 XenForo_Exception: Non-recipients cannot reply to a conversation. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php:119
Generated By: Jake, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(29): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1446): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_preSave()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php(1352): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php(102): ConvEss_Model_Conversation->sendAutoResponse(1546, Array, 'Jake,\n\nI seem t...')
#4 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1409): ConvEss_DataWriter_ConversationMaster->_postSave()
#5 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(625): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(969): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ConvEss_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsert()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/nginx/domains/thecpforum.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(46) "http://www.thecpforum.com/conversations/insert"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/insert"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["recipients"] => string(48) "allenc666, dionae, JB_orchidguy, snapperhead51, "
    ["title"] => string(3) "Hey"
    ["message"] => string(155) "Hey all,
Please watch this new girl we have on the forums, she apparently has gotten banned from several different garden forums. So she might be problems"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(18) "/conversations/add"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any ideas?

Alright, I'll look into this. It looks like an issue with the auto-responder functionality. I'll have to do some testing and hopefully I can patch tomorrow.

I agree with HWS on this. I let the moderators know about the new filter feature and the general reaction is to ask why anyone would ever want to use it. I can't think of a reason either. Conversation spam is very rare.

I agree with Stuart and HWS :) I really appreciate the fact that your team is actively developing functionality - but with "all-in-one" add-ons like the "Essentials" series that you're heading, I feel that one must really consider how useful a feature is to your entire client list, not just one user with a board full of teen-age girls ;) We've been around for 15 years now, and have never had a problem with conversation spam that would require a user filter (if a spammer is sending spam via conversation, it needs to be reported and cleaned with the spam cleaner to get it out of ALL inboxes ASAP - this happens maybe 5 times a year?).

Anyway, I agree as I said, and feel that every bit of add-on code that we install should be useful - otherwise it's just more chances for bugs and bad interactions with other add-ons. We're sticking to version 1.5.0 for now :) Would it be possible to craft a new add-on for the inbox filter?

Thanks again for the maintenance and development of these add-ons!

Just as an FYI - involved in marketing here and there over the years, your prices should be even numbers like, 40.00, 50.00 and so on, even a 49,99 and 59.99 works with enticing people to buy a product or service, just my 2 cents when I view your pricing of products you offer. :)

That is because converting from pounds to dollars. Syndol created this addons and price was in pounds, after Daniel took ownership, he change pounds to dollars, couse he want the price stay the same.

Can you please be more specific about what exact issue.

Thanks

The issue was that there was a bug when someone had auto responder set up, it was causing the error above that I posted. I hope that answers your question?

This is correct; https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-essentials-paid.27874/page-39#post-900464

@Daniel Hood Hey Daniel! That fixed the issue, however ajax does not refresh after the group message is created and sent.

The ajax should work except for in a case when one of the recipients have an auto-responder set up. This is "as designed". It's for the page refresh to pick up the messages from the auto responder.

Just as an FYI - involved in marketing here and there over the years, your prices should be even numbers like, 40.00, 50.00 and so on, even a 49,99 and 59.99 works with enticing people to buy a product or service, just my 2 cents when I view your pricing of products you offer. :)

That is because converting from pounds to dollars. Syndol created this addons and price was in pounds, after Daniel took ownership, he change pounds to dollars, couse he want the price stay the same.

This is correct. I've been considering changing the prices recently though. I'm likely to change them when I get back, they'll be rounding up to the next $5 increment (this one will become $45).

This is correct; https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-essentials-paid.27874/page-39#post-900464

The ajax should work except for in a case when one of the recipients have an auto-responder set up. This is "as designed". It's for the page refresh to pick up the messages from the auto responder.

This is correct. I've been considering changing the prices recently though. I'm likely to change them when I get back, they'll be rounding up to the next $5 increment (this one will become $45).
Rounding down would be better,,,;)

I will be fixing the following things by tomorrow afternoon (possibly tonight):

• Conflict with Post Ratings
  • Uninstall server error
I will also be looking into the conflict with AndyB's add on.

None taken; I'll work on including that. Although it may be 1.6.2 instead of 1.6.1 (tonight/tomorrow's bug fix release).
Did you re-introduce the Post Ratings issue / conflict in the latest update of Conversation Essentials (Conv Ess 1.6.2, Post Ratings 1.7.0)?

Because I'm again having this exact same problem:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-essentials-paid.27874/page-37#post-889965

(And yes, it's not the code change I mentioned to you in private; I reverted that back to test if it was it).

EDIT: Confirmed. Disabling Post Ratings 1.7.0 the like/unlike private conversation messages work again (with Conv Ess 1.6.2), but not when Post Ratings is enabled...

Top Bottom