Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is there a way to limit the number of characters in Latest Replies (with snippet from post)

Also, in same widget: Latest Replies: quotes look narrow - any fix?

upload_2015-2-24_10-30-40.webp

Is there a way to limit the number of characters in Latest Replies (with snippet from post)

Also, in same widget: Latest Replies: quotes look narrow - any fix?

View attachment 99407
There is a style property for that. For the quote, you will need to add css to EXTRA.css template. It is not recommended to use full layout on sidebar though. You may have to deal with YouTube videos etc. later.

On the Profile Posts widget, when i enter the expression $visitor['user_id'] > 0 i always get, every other minute, the server error log:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1

If i remove the expression, the error is gone!!!

Im using 1.4.4 with 2.5.9

How to fix it ?
Thanks
Looks like you have a typo somewhere. Copy and paste the full expression here so I can have a look maybe?

Would you consider adding a new class to the block titles, rather than using the generic h3 tag?
Probably not. It is easy enough if you want to target the widget title as it is now. Why do you want a new class?

Is there anyway to make the column of announcements smaller? If so, please prove where I can do it and exactly what code I should use.... I do not know any CSS or HTML so be descriptive!
What is "annoucement column"? I don't recall having any of those widgets. Please take a screenshot of what you are talking about.

seems to be a bug in the feed reader. I can't get it to display enough content snippet. I have set to 500 character cut off. I don't even see the ...

https://www.physicsforums.com/ on the right side using this feed https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/featured/index.rss

Where is the missing text?
Your feed has the content but they are all very short. So if you set 500 cut off, the full content will be shown and no ellipsis is required.

strange thing happened - to make the process of disabling / enabling add-ons to see which one was causing the problem a bit easier, I started uninstalling a few disabled addons... and the problem went away.
Certainly some problem with some other add-ons then :D

@xfrocks we currently have a sidebar site side but there is 1 specific thread I need to make sure the sidebar does NOT show up, how can I do so?
You can use expression to make sure it does not show up for that thread. For example, if you are using position "thread_view", you can use this expression:

PHP:
$thread['thread_id'] != 1

Your feed has the content but they are all very short. So if you set 500 cut off, the full content will be shown and no ellipsis is required.
No something is wrong. There are instances where you can see now where there is only 30 or so characters shown. I can't figure out what is breaking it. I thought commas at first, but now it appears fairly random. Take a look at my sidebar widget again and the RSS.

Hi there,

Trying to add the following code in my forum_list to show the time on the forum statistics but it does not work when I have this add-on installed, is there somewhere I can add it inside this add-on to get it to show?

Code:
<dl><dt>Date and time:</dt>
<dd><li><div class="time muted">{xen:datetime $datetime, 'absolute'}</div></li></dd></dl>

Thanks!

No something is wrong. There are instances where you can see now where there is only 30 or so characters shown. I can't figure out what is breaking it. I thought commas at first, but now it appears fairly random. Take a look at my sidebar widget again and the RSS.
That probably has to do with the limitedHeight css class. Try editing the template and remove that class.

Hi there,

Trying to add the following code in my forum_list to show the time on the forum statistics but it does not work when I have this add-on installed, is there somewhere I can add it inside this add-on to get it to show?

Code:
<dl><dt>Date and time:</dt>
<dd><li><div class="time muted">{xen:datetime $datetime, 'absolute'}</div></li></dd></dl>

Thanks!
What are you trying to do? Did it work before you install the add-on?

I just created the following widget:
type: [Advanced] HTML (without wrapper)
expression: in_array($forum['node_id'], array(468,476,470,478,501,471,469,472,473,474,475,49,123,124))
position: all

I also added the expression in a negated way (=false) to several other widgets.

now I get lots of the following error:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1

is there a way to find out which widget exactly is causing the error?

thanks

still can`t get it to work. Can someone please tell me if this right or wrong?:
PHP:
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 1,39,43,8) == false AND in_array($forum['node_id'], array(468,476,470,478,501,471,469,472,473,474,475,49,123,124)) == false

I use this in a birthday renderer widget in the sidebar.

Is there a way to limit the birthdays that came up based on tine the user last logged in / amount of posts?

Users keep coming up that havent been on the site for a long time and woukd like to remoce their birthdays?

Top Bottom