1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bd] Widget Framework 2.5.9

People love widgets

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Widget Framework (version 1.1) - People love widgets

Read more about this resource...

Dancing, jamalfree, whynot and 7 others like this.
  2. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

How to upgrade from 1.0.9?

3. xfrocks

You upload the files and import the xml

Sasa likes this.
  4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get the framework working with categories as pages as it doesn't seem to be at the moment??

5. xfrocks

Sorry I don't understand your question? You mean category (a node type)? You want to display widgets in category page?

6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

xfrocks,
    is it possible now to have a plain html block yet? I want to put a 300x250 banner on the sidebar without border, frame, etc.

7. xfrocks

Yes, create a widget with "HTML (without wrapper)"

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Is there a recent posts widget for this that follows permissions?

9. xfrocks

Yes, create a widget with "Threads" and select the type accordingly (there a a few types, you should choose recent)

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

11. xfrocks

12. CFodder

I'm using Jake Bunce's use nodes as tabs, each category is a tab and I've set the option in Node & Forum list to create pages for Categories so when you click on a tab it will will only show the category and forums for it. That's where I can't seem to get the framework working.

If you're still unsure what I'm meaning then I can convo you a login for our dev site :).

13. xfrocks

If you want to display widgets in that page, just use the "all" position or you can use "category_view" as one of your positions.

CFodder likes this.
  14. CFodder

Thanks for that, I'm such a knob sometimes ... talk about miss the obvious!

15. bubbl3

bubbl3 Active Member

Well, i upgrade to 1.1, created a birthday widget but nothing shows.

Renderer: birthday
    Limit: 4
    Title: Today's Birthdays
    Position: forum_list
    Display Order: 4

It's active, other widgets work, but no birthdays, and i have 2 users that should show

16. xfrocks

Please check users' option to make sure they don't hide birthdays. If you are positive about that, send me a message with your site url and admin account, I will come by and check

17. bubbl3

bubbl3 Active Member

I checked and the dummy user i created has the flags to show the birthday infos, still no joy. Thanks for the offer but i can't give you access, customer has kind of sensitive informations there, i'll try to troubleshoot it more.

18. xfrocks

If you have just created the user (after the widget is setup), the widget is probably cached (refreshed every 6 hours). Go to the widget edit page, change something (like the limit) and save it.

19. CFodder

Sorry to be a nuisance but have another wee problem, have searched through the old thread on this but couldn't find anything on it.

Have a html widget (wrapped) with 2 tabs, both contain iframes but it displays the iframe content from tab 2 below tab 1 instead of bring up the content when the second tab is clicked. I've tried putting div's, <td> around it but it keeps occurring.

20. xfrocks

I created 2 widgets with <iframe /> and they work just fine. Can you copy and paste the content of your 2 widgets?