Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Hi xfrocks,

If I already have several templates such as qnt_stats, qnt_sidebar and I currently call them directly from forum_list using
<xen:include template="qnt_stats">
</xen:include>

What is the preferred way to do it in this framework?
1) Do I create sidebar block (which type) and just call these templates (how)?
2) Do I copy the content of those templates and create widgets with the exact content? Then delete those templates?

Thanks

Hi xfrocks,

If I already have several templates such as qnt_stats, qnt_sidebar and I currently call them directly from forum_list using
<xen:include template="qnt_stats">
</xen:include>

What is the preferred way to do it in this framework?
1) Do I create sidebar block (which type) and just call these templates (how)?
2) Do I copy the content of those templates and create widgets with the exact content? Then delete those templates?

Thanks
The best way to do this is asking the custom add-on author to support Widget Framework. He will only need to type a few lines of code, it's very easy! Of course, you can send me a message

I created 2 widgets with <iframe /> and they work just fine. Can you copy and paste the content of your 2 widgets?

Widget 1:

<iframe src="http://cache.www.gametracker.com/co...yers=0&showTopPlayers=0&showBlogs=0&width=240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="230" height="175"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://cache.www.gametracker.com/co...yers=0&showTopPlayers=0&showBlogs=0&width=240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="230" height="175"></iframe>

Widget 2:

<iframe src="http://cache.www.gametracker.com/co...yers=1&showTopPlayers=0&showBlogs=0&width=240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="240" height="500"></iframe>

If you have just created the user (after the widget is setup), the widget is probably cached (refreshed every 6 hours). Go to the widget edit page, change something (like the limit) and save it.

Doesn't seem to work, there is any way to manually empty the cache? Is it in a mysql table?

When I enable the Who's online and Forum stats widgets, it will show one pair on top and bottom. Even after I revert the forum_list template.
Do we have to do anything to suppress the stock Who's online and Forum stats block? What other templates do we have to revert?

When I enable the Who's online and Forum stats widgets, it will show one pair on top and bottom. Even after I revert the forum_list template.
Do we have to do anything to suppress the stock Who's online and Forum stats block? What other templates do we have to revert?
Yes, you have to enable the Clear Sidebar widget to suppress the normal sidebar.

Include the clear sidebar widget first and then use the widgets from the framework.

Top Bottom