Add-on Missing widget framework on XF2. Anyone know of a current/upcoming alternative?

Brad Padgett

Hey guys. I'm not in any position to pay for an add-on like this to be created, however with XF2 and no [bd] Widget Framework, my site has lost the Most Replied and Most Viewed widget under new posts.

Question is, is there an add-on being developed currently to support this. I will have the money to pay for a public add-on around christmas if it ends up costing money.

Or a better question is widget framework going to release for XF2? Also is there a way to do this without an add-on? For example using a php callback widget but I don't know how to use those quite yet. Just curious about all this and thanks.

First, never update a forum if the functionality you need is not there yet.

This can be temporarily fixed. If you take @DL6 MLTP and change two words in MostLikedThreads.php
Search for first_post_likes and change that to view_count in two places, the Most liked threads widget will now show the Most viewed threads.

If you instead change it to reply_count you would get Most replied to threads.

Hopefully @DL6 or @xfrocks will soon have something better working.

First, never update a forum if the functionality you need is not there yet.

This can be temporarily fixed. If you take @DL6 MLTP and change two words in MostLikedThreads.php
Search for first_post_likes and change that to view_count in two places, the Most liked threads widget will now show the Most viewed threads.

If you instead change it to reply_count you would get Most replied to threads.

Hopefully @DL6 or @xfrocks will soon have something better working.

Wow that's ingenius of you. :D

I upgraded the forum because missing the widgets was less important then upgrading to xenforo 2. Anyways I'll give that a try and thanks for tagging them. I will try out what you suggested and also looking forward to any releases either of those developers create for something like this to be established on 2.0

Anyways I really appreciate it. Good idea.

Top Bottom