Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Hi
I just installed you frameworks nice job!! Question XenForo has sidebar block already active how do I shut them down, then I can let framework bring them back and control all the widgets? For instances Staff on Line I had to shut that sidebar down in frameworks because frameworks added a second Staff on Line?? Other then that nice job!!
You can use the Clear Sidebar widget to remove default sidebar. Then you can add back whatever widgets you want.

just discovered that the widget sidebar isn't collapsing / shifting to below main content on mobile anymore, possibly related to yesterday's XF upgrade?
This should not be affected by this add-on. Probably your style? Have you tried default style.

Hi Vinny, I am using Xenforo but was hoping to use the widget to emulate what I have on my vBulletin site.

Hi Amin Sabet
OK sorry I just was not sure but you have answerded my question I did miss something.... Good luck with your situation....

Vinny

Basically I just want to use the included widget for Threads without showing avatars. Pretty sure I just need to comment out something in a template, but I can't find it.

Hi,
I try to add a random media block widget on the XMG start page. I tried:
which will add the block above the forum_list. Then I changed the hook name to:
hook:ad_above_content
Almost there, the block is now shown on top of every page. How can I limit it to only the xmg start page?

Ah OK found it. I`ll post it anyway maybe it`s helpful for someone:

all the best,
Sacha

Hi sinucello
I tried your widget and it did not work for me were you trying to reproduce the Radom Media sidebar??

Vinny

With the add-on disabled, it doesn't work? Well, you may need to check your template modifications and/or add-ons to see if any of them made changes to the sidebar then. Sorry.

strange thing happened - to make the process of disabling / enabling add-ons to see which one was causing the problem a bit easier, I started uninstalling a few disabled addons... and the problem went away.

I tried your widget and it did not work for me
you have to create a new template called "xengallery_media_block_random" first. The content of this template should look like:
Code:
<xen:include template="xengallery_media_block">
    <xen:set var="$blockPhrase">{xen:phrase xengallery_random_media}</xen:set> // Use either {xen:phrase xengallery_new_media}, {xen:phrase xengallery_random_media} or your own custom title
    <xen:set var="$blockId">XMGMediaBlock</xen:set> // This can be changed but must be something unique.
    <xen:set var="$type">rand</xen:set> // You can set this to 'rand' for a random selection.
    <xen:set var="$items">6</xen:set> // Any number. Number of images that are visible in the slider. 2 is good for sidebar position, 5 for a main page position.
    <xen:set var="$limit">20</xen:set> // Any number. Number of images to be loaded (not all are visible).
    <xen:set var="$categories">all</xen:set> // Use a comma separated list to display images from selected categories e.g. 2,3,5,7. Set to 'all' to include all categories, 0 to exclude
    <xen:set var="$albums">0</xen:set> // Set to 1 to include images from albums, 0 to exclude
    <xen:set var="$isSidebarBlock">0</xen:set> // Sets the styling so it will look like a sidebar block
    <xen:set var="$captions">1</xen:set> // Set to 1 to show captions on hover, set to 0 to always hide.
    <xen:set var="$noResponsive">0</xen:set> // Set to 0 for responsive, 1 for fixed. Responsive will show more images at a smaller size at narrower browser widths, fixed will keep the number of images set in $items at the same size whatever the browser width.
</xen:include>
were you trying to reproduce the Radom Media sidebar??
no, not a sidebar widget, the random media block will be displayed above the content. See it in action here:
http://www.wunderkessel.de/media/

Is there anyway to make the column of announcements smaller? If so, please prove where I can do it and exactly what code I should use.... I do not know any CSS or HTML so be descriptive!

I've had no luck finding the answer in this thread in how to EXCLUDE a usergroup from seeing an html block.

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('ismemberof', array($visitor,3)) -- means: show the widget for users of user group #3 only.

What is the code for EXCLUDING usergroup 3? Thanks.

EDIT: Finally found the solution:
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('ismemberof', array($visitor,3)) == false

Last edited:
On the Profile Posts widget, when i enter the expression $visitor['user_id'] > 0 i always get, every other minute, the server error log:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '[' - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1

If i remove the expression, the error is gone!!!

Im using 1.4.4 with 2.5.9

How to fix it ?
Thanks

Attachments

• error.webp
    error.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom