Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is there anyway I can add the gallery statistics block using your widgets?
For third party add-on, you will need to ask the add-on author to add widget support with renderers. Sorry.

I am looking for a widget to list Most Active (posts) Users participating in a specific forum (node 7).
I would like this be displayed like below. Greatly appreciate your help!
View attachment 96705
That will requires new renderer with code and template and everything. You will need to ask your developer to make adjustment to the built-in Users renderer. Sorry.

I was wondering what hook a widget to a certain category of pages? Which hook/ template or whatever should I use?
For category, use the position category_view. For page, use the position pagenode_container.
I have two questions (new to all this so bare with me :))

1) I have Taiga chat, but the taiga chat sidebar seems to stop my chat page from working. How would I go about hiding it from that page?

2) How to stop the sidebar showing on selected pages. I have xfsoccer, and require full width, so want to hide the sidebar on that app, how would I go about doing that?

Any help would be appreciated.
I assume you are using the "all" position? You can exclude pages by using expression, something like this (replace your template names)
PHP:
!in_array($_WidgetFramework_positionCode, array(
'some_template_name',
'another_template_name',
))

is there a way to show a widget only on a thread I choose? Thanks in advance
If you are using position "thread_view" or similar, you can use the expression (replace your thread id)
PHP:
$thread['thread_id'] == 1

Anyone experienced this same issue. I am still getting errors about this every few minutes.
This is a problem with expression. Check your active widgets and update their options should be enough.

I have a Node #7 and using XenTag with specific tags for this node/forum. On this sidebar widget, I would like only tags from this forum appear on the side bar of only this node and not everywhere in Forum_view (for all forums/nodes).

Appreciate guidance on how to accomplish this.
For third party widget, please ask at their add-on thread.

I have a widget "top posters today" for "forum_list" only but it is showing up on all pages along with other widgets which are set to "all." The ones set to "all" do not show up on forum index.
You probably have a clear widget in the forum index and it hides the "all" widgets. Try changing display order of the widgets.

surfinsaxman said:
Although I marked all forums as read the blue bullets are shown for some thread titels in recent threads widget.
What can be wrong?

Maybe the widget is cached?

No. I use the following values:
Renderer: Threads
Widget Type: Recent Threads (use first poster avatar)
Include $thread.isNew information if thread is unread (this will disable caching)
Layout: List (similar to forum_view)

This is a problem with expression. Check your active widgets and update their options should be enough..

What do you mean by updating their options?

I went into each active and saved them one by one. However, the error is still occurring.

Is there any way to display featured resources at the top of the widget (so they display above non featured resources)?

No. I use the following values:
Renderer: Threads
Widget Type: Recent Threads (use first poster avatar)
Include $thread.isNew information if thread is unread (this will disable caching)
Layout: List (similar to forum_view)
Please start a conversation with me with your site info, I will need to come by and check. Sounds like a bug.

What do you mean by updating their options?

I went into each active and saved them one by one. However, the error is still occurring.
You need to check their expression. One of them is incorrect and causes the error. Or you can start a conversation with me with the expressions, I will take a look. Saving without changing anything won't make it go away, of course.

Is there any way to display featured resources at the top of the widget (so they display above non featured resources)?
You can use display order of the widgets to order them.

Bug in the rss feed widget.

Look at my featured threads widget, there are a couple titles with a bunch of spaces between words. Those aren't in the titles.
https://www.physicsforums.com/
That's the "text-align: justify" CSS doing its work. You can override it with EXTRA.css template, put in something like this

Code:
.widget .WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_FeedReader_Entries .WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_FeedReader_Entry { text-align: inherit; }

Do I upgrade this add-on before or after I upgrade my forum from 1.1 to 1.4? I'm a bit unsure when I compare the folder structure for the add-on.

Top Bottom