Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Do you want video thumbnails? Or is a list of recent uploads okay?
A list of the actual embedded videos with the length (time) displayed over each video and title underneath. They behave just like normal embedded videos (e.g. clicking plays them in the widget).
Showing maybe 3 to start with and then either a SHOW MORE button or scrolling down ajax loads another 3, more can't be loaded until the current three have been loaded.
Whole thing possibly in an iframe?
That's how I'd propose doing it but there may be better ways.
The important thing is that people can see and play the latest videos right there in the widget.

Got this option checked?

YEBRxIy.png
Perfect, thank you :)

@xfrocks I'm having an issue with the "profile posts" widget, calling gravatar avatars without ssl. So the one tiny avatar from gravatar in this widget is the only thing breaking the padlock for us. Elsewhere on the site, XF uses SSL for gravatars... Is this a XF issue?

@xfrocks I'm having an issue with the "profile posts" widget, calling gravatar avatars without ssl. So the one tiny avatar from gravatar in this widget is the only thing breaking the padlock for us. Elsewhere on the site, XF uses SSL for gravatars... Is this a XF issue?
Have you just enable SSL recently? I think the widget is cached. I use XenForo method for avatars so if it works in other places, it should work in widget.

Next up is a Youtube channel player to display a list of videos from a given channel. Any ideas on how to achieve this?
I've looked on YouTube, but can't find any instructions. I'm not capable of using the YT API to produce a widget which allows the entry of a channel ID to produce a list of videos with titles.
I couldn't find any embed-able instruction either. So I guess a renderer is required. Sorry.

Something my members always ask me is if there is a way to disable the widget and have it remember. That little sidebar arrow to hide the sidebar doesn't stick between visits.

How to include the last medias in a tab block?

Because with Advanced Template with wrapper, there are an problem:

With tab:
Screenshot_5.webp

Tested on flexile style and original style.

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.webp
    Screenshot_6.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 5
But: For the option Profile posts or User Status Updates on XenForo 1.3 the block does not appear in the sidebar until you add it to both forum_list and all; which is quite strange. And when you do that two show up on the index. But, if you remove the forum_list one the all won't show on the index oddly. It won't even work for all three separated by commas unless there's an all and forum_list.

Edit: It seems the Forum Statistics widget is causing the incompatibility. :( I tried disabling everything else with the status updates on all. The statistics widget disabled it worked fine. With it on it disappears again on the index.

Edit: I have share this page disabled too. I enabled that and forum statistics and it appears right on the index. I turned off twitter/facebook integration so is that bugging this sidebar thing out?

Last edited:
I have a problem with all amazon widgets in sidebar. They are small enough to fit inside but they always show in the footer, after the website. When I put amazon banner with the same size it fits perfectly and it stays in the sidebar. Maybe someone dealt already with this. Here is the code of amazon widgets if you are interested.
Code:
<SCRIPT charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="http://ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fgameforu07-20%2F8009%2Fa723c713-bd60-41ea-b3a8-cd3f378f0d76&Operation=GetScriptTemplate"> </SCRIPT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fgameforu07-20%2F8009%2Fa723c713-bd60-41ea-b3a8-cd3f378f0d76&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

How can I combine this two expression?
Code:
!in_array($forum['node_id'], array(
98,106,160,161,162,198,200,210))
And
Code:
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 3)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 9)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 8)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 4)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 10)

@xfrocks or others

I'd like to show the new threads list generated by bd widget on a specific place that has no hook I can use.
For achieving that, I think the first thing I should do is to get the portion of the list from your thread widget and simply put it on my desired position. CMIIW

Problem is, I couldn't find the portion of your code that generates the threads list.
I tried this portion with no result:
Code:
<ul>
    <xen:contentcheck>
        <xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
            <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar">
                <xen:set var="$_secondRow">
                    {xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}" class="username">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" />
                </xen:set>
            </xen:include>
        </xen:foreach>
    </xen:contentcheck>
</ul>

Any help for this ?

thx :)

How can I combine this two expression?
Code:
!in_array($forum['node_id'], array(
98,106,160,161,162,198,200,210))
And
Code:
XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 3)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 9)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 8)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 4)
OR XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperIsMemberOf($visitor, 10)
AND

Reactions: HWS
Hey @xfrocks

How can I add a sidebar to every node with threads from each node showing up on the respective sidebar?

For example, I have a sidebar on forum_list that feeds in every thread posted on my forum.

But I'd like for there to be a sidebar in Node A on my forum where only threads from Node A are shown there. So when users click on Node A, they see all the threads in the thread list in that node and then a sidebar with the most recently posted threads as well.

I am wondering how I can get a sidebar to display on an error page. I have been adding widgets as "all" but the sidebar doesn't show on error pages. It does show everywhere else though. My sidebar contains my sites navigation structure in a widget and would be useful for someone who encounters an error page on my site.

Found the following error when trying to view the reports list (more than 4,000 reports there).

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5447274 bytes) - library/WidgetFramework/Core.php:354
Generated By: Moderator, 15 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(34) "http://www.mysite.com/reports/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I need to get a widget to display on the sidebar of every page except forum_list. How would I accomplish such a thing?

Top Bottom