Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I understand that it is a much needed feature. I think I can make group title available in the next version.
Regarding a more link, I'm not sure it is possible due to differences between the widget filtering options and XenForo search engine. But that sounds like a very good idea, I will explore it in future version. Regarding Threads renderer, it is getting some rather nice addition soon, so stay tune ;)
Thank you, that's great news.
The more link URL is, in most circumstances, going to need to be a Xenforo search of some kind. E.g. all the threads from a specific list of forums with a specific prefix. I don't know how you would achieve this, but I think having a More link is a natural progression. If people like what they see, then it's natural to give them the ability to see more.

Sorry, there is nothing like that. Actually, I'm considering to drop that "deactivate for mobile" option because it's better to do it using responsive CSS/JavaScript. Detecting mobile browser using browser user agent is not foolproof at all! Plus, there are many tables today and most of them will be recognized as "mobile"...

I'm running into issues with tablet users, and saw this post from last year - Do you have any suggestions on how to disable widgets on tablets?

In the options of each widget.

Yes, "deactivate for mobile" is checked. I guess some tablets don't correctly identify themselves... For example I have users with a Sero 8 tablet that are dealing with slow page performance, because all the widgets show up (and I guess it has not much power).

How can I add the Recent Media with bd Widget Framework?

a523c314e16b8131cc7d05cd670e512e.png

My options, so HTML, PHP Callback or Template. How can I add it? It's already enabled in XFMG.

Is it possible to strip out some HTML tags from snippets in the widgets? Example remove all indents and lists, it does not look that good.

upload_2014-12-29_15-21-13.webp

Hi,
Just a quick question.

I would like to have "Staff Online" and "Whos Online" merged together in one block. Ive tried adding them as a group, but not having any luck as they then both vanish from the sidebar.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,
I installed Calendar 4 and I'd love a side bar widget (like members online) which shows only coming calendar entries. So I can enter events to the calendar and they show up in the sidebar as a forth coming events list... is that possible? I couldnt see a Calendar widget in the list when I looked.

Untitled.webp

Anyone know how to add latest (or top) media posts in a widget? Not sure what the code would be. Using XF's own media gallery

Hi,
I installed Calendar 4 and I'd love a side bar widget (like members online) which shows only coming calendar entries. So I can enter events to the calendar and they show up in the sidebar as a forth coming events list... is that possible? I couldnt see a Calendar widget in the list when I looked.

View attachment 93509
It doesn't work that way.

When you install this it includes a base set of renderers (these are the things in that list of widgets as you put it) and for anything not covered you can either use the advanced html, php, or template renderer. If none of those really suit what you are trying to create then a custom renderer would be needed.

If the addon you would like a widget for does not come with it's own renderer then you will need to make one or have one made for you.

The latest thread widget looks poor compared to the inbuilt "new posts' or CTA Recent Posts. Its missing the forum link, as well as the mini avatar when you have posted in a thread. Any chance that this widget will render the page in the same style as in-built 'new posts' and show these items?

Last edited:
Hi Guys I was wondering if someone could help me out with this.
I am using widget framework along with rotating ads. My goal is to be able to place specific ads in specific nodes only

here is my example:
I used widget framework to do this :
bally 2.webp

then under rotating ads I did this:

bally 1.webp

where would I put the position code from widget frameworks in pic 1(ads_position_1) into the rotating ad html in pic 2?

thanks

Where do I edit the template for Recent Status? I'm trying to remove the "<h3>User Recent Status</h3>." I don't just want to hide it with CSS, I want to remove it from the coding. Thank you!

Top Bottom