Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I also wasn't able to find if you answered the question or not:

What version of widget framework are you running?

What version of xenForo are you running?

I am serving via Flexible SSL option in CloudFlare.

Do you have an actual SSL certificate on your server (self signed or valid CA signed)?

If you have either of those you should not be using flexible.

Also if you have any sort of caching options running....until you figure this out (and I should say while you are trying to figure this out) you should go to the cache tab and enable development mode which temporarily stops CF caching and let's you see real time changes, purging the cache has also helped me with weird issues arising from using cloudflare while making changes in code.

Can anyone please explain why [bd]Widget Framework causes my index page to deliver an error 500?

This is what it says in the server error log:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php:90

Last edited:
Maybe not, this is what I get when I try to upgrade:

Callback WidgetFramework_Listener::load_class_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base is invalid (Invalid Method).

Make sure that all files within the installation ZIP archive were uploaded properly into your website's root directory (make sure to replace all files). If you had an opcode caching such as Zend OpCache, make sure to flush the cache before the upgrade.

Next time, consider installing this add-on so that you can simply upload the ZIP archive from the installation page (the add-on will handle file copying, Zend OpCache flush and whatnot).

Can anyone please explain why [bd]Widget Framework causes my index page to deliver an error 500?

This is what it says in the server error log:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php:90
Yeah, that's a problem with the version released here. We have a beta at https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/ which should work. Please upload the files (there are a lot of them so mistakes may happen) and upgrade the add-on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You mean the exact same error appeared again and they were generated AFTER the upgrade (not the old ones that was still within the log)? What was your PHP version again?
Yup.
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
  5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
  6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
At least I know what caused it this time, unfortunately I won't be able to do anything about it until Monday as my php guru will be out of town until then and I don't know how to access the phpmyadmin for the subdomain.

For some reason it doesn't uninstall properly, when I hit unistall it sends me an error message and then when I get back to the page the addon is gone, but I don't think it's fully uninstalled. I guess we'll see what happens Monday. Too bad though, I really need this to get the layout right of the community right.

Last edited:
Yup.
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
  5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
  6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
At least I know what caused it this time, unfortunately I won't be able to do anything about it until Monday as my php guru will be out of town until then and I don't know how to access the phpmyadmin for the subdomain.

For some reason it doesn't uninstall properly, when I hit unistall it sends me an error message and then when I get back to the page the addon is gone, but I don't think it's fully uninstalled. I guess we'll see what happens Monday. Too bad though, I really need this to get the layout right of the community right.
FYI, you could just upgrade it instead of uninstall and reinstall.

I've added three Widgets that displays recent Threads. Next, I've created a Group and displayed them in "Tab".

I'm using "hook:page_container_content_title_bar" position so that it' added at the top of each page in content area.

First tab is loaded fine with content, but when I click on second and third tab, it displays nothing. I checked that it makes an AJAX call, but it returns blank content. Any idea?

The URL of AJAX Call.

https://xf-test.forum/misc/wf-widget?widget_id=42&alp={"_WidgetFramework_isHook"=true}&_xfRequestUri=/&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfResponseType=json

And the output from server for above call:
{"css":"","js":"","templateHtml":""}

Any clues?

Just in case if this might help, the PRINT_R of Widget Object.

Array
(
[widget_id] => 42
[title] => News Frontpage
[class] => WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads
[position] => hook:page_container_content_title_bar
[display_order] => 0
[active] => 1
[options] => Array
(
[_addOnVersionId] => 2060305
[type] => new
[cutoff] => 5
[forums] => Array
(
)

[sticky] =>
[prefixes] => Array
(
)

[tags] =>
[open_only] => 1
[as_guest] => 1
[is_new] => 1
[order_reverted] => 0
[limit] => 5
[layout] =>
[cache_seconds] =>
[expression] =>
[conditional] => Array
(
)

[deactivate_for_mobile] => 0
)

[template_for_hooks] => Array
(
[hook:page_container_content_title_bar] => Array
(
[0] => PAGE_CONTAINER
)

)

[widget_page_id] => 0
[group_id] => 43
[positionCodes] => Array
(
[0] => hook:page_container_content_title_bar
)

)

Last edited:
I've added three Widgets that displays recent Threads. Next, I've created a Group and displayed them in "Tab".

I'm using "hook:page_container_content_title_bar" position so that it' added at the top of each page in content area.

First tab is loaded fine with content, but when I click on second and third tab, it displays nothing. I checked that it makes an AJAX call, but it returns blank content. Any idea?

The URL of AJAX Call.

https://xf-test.forum/misc/wf-widget?widget_id=42&alp={"_WidgetFramework_isHook"=true}&_xfRequestUri=/&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfResponseType=json

And the output from server for above call:
{"css":"","js":"","templateHtml":""}

Any clues?

Just in case if this might help, the PRINT_R of Widget Object.

Array
(
[widget_id] => 42
[title] => News Frontpage
[class] => WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads
[position] => hook:page_container_content_title_bar
[display_order] => 0
[active] => 1
[options] => Array
(
[_addOnVersionId] => 2060305
[type] => new
[cutoff] => 5
[forums] => Array
(
)

[sticky] =>
[prefixes] => Array
(
)

[tags] =>
[open_only] => 1
[as_guest] => 1
[is_new] => 1
[order_reverted] => 0
[limit] => 5
[layout] =>
[cache_seconds] =>
[expression] =>
[conditional] => Array
(
)

[deactivate_for_mobile] => 0
)

[template_for_hooks] => Array
(
[hook:page_container_content_title_bar] => Array
(
[0] => PAGE_CONTAINER
)

)

[widget_page_id] => 0
[group_id] => 43
[positionCodes] => Array
(
[0] => hook:page_container_content_title_bar
)

)
Looks like you are using the beta version? Which version is that? Also, version of XenForo please.

Top Bottom