Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
The BETA version is the one uploaded only in the dev's forum: https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/
When you edit a widget, you can choose to group it:
1488744697740screensave.webp 1488744720518screensave.webp
Then save changes and the group will be made. Once the group is made, you can proceed to edit it and choose tabs layout:
1488744751808screensave.webp

edit: It seems you can only make a group for widgets with Threads and Profile Posts type (or maybe some other types that I'm not aware of). Though you can probably forcefully group a widget of the aforementioned types with other types during the group creation (notice how in the screenshots you can choose any widgets when you click on "Create A New Group"?).

edit2: Maybe grouping isn't a BETA only feature. Honestly, I can't remember by now since I've been using the BETA version for quite a while.

You will have to install it manually by uploading the installation ZIP file (I'm assuming you're using Add-on Install & Upgrade). At least that's how I did it on my site since the file wasn't hosted here.

The BETA version is the one uploaded only in the dev's forum: https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/
When you edit a widget, you can choose to group it:
View attachment 149395 View attachment 149396
Then save changes and the group will be made. Once the group is made, you can proceed to edit it and choose tabs layout:
View attachment 149397

edit: It seems you can only make a group for widgets with Threads and Profile Posts type (or maybe some other types that I'm not aware of). Though you can probably forcefully group a widget of the aforementioned types with other types during the group creation (notice how in the screenshots you can choose any widgets when you click on "Create A New Group"?).

edit2: Maybe grouping isn't a BETA only feature. Honestly, I can't remember by now since I've been using the BETA version for quite a while.

Okay, so I'm trying to install the beta, but since it's from xfrocks I can't directly put the url in. This means I have to do it manually through the FTP, but when I upload the .xml file, I get this message:

Callback WidgetFramework_Listener::load_class_XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base is invalid (Invalid Method).

What should I do?

Aren't you using this add-on? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-install-upgrade.960/
You can just upload the ZIP file directly with this:
View attachment 149398

But well, answering your question, that error is often caused by upload failures. Try to re-upload the files again. And if your PHP had an opcode cache (such as Zend OpCache), make sure to clear it first before installing (the add-on I linked should do this part automatically though).

I know what I was doing wrong now, haha. Thank you for all your help! Is there a way to enable widget grouping on only one theme?

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a method to do it out of the box since the widget options are global. You can probably play with templates though, but I believe it'll require quite a lot of customization (don't quote me on this since I'm only guessing).

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a method to do it out of the box since the widget options are global. You can probably play with templates though, but I believe it'll require quite a lot of customization (don't quote me on this since I'm only guessing).
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. Thank you for all your hard work in helping me, though :)

Is there any way I can see the base code for the widget?

Is there any documentation on the widget pages?

I would like to get a list of categories or forums to display in a widget page?

Any help appreciated.

When clicking on Watched Forums or Watched Threads link I get the following error

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_WidgetFramework_XenForo_Model_Thread in /home/myweb/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

Line 528 which is referencing inside the error (bold)

// XenForo Class Proxy, in case you're wondering
$proxyClass = 'XFCP_' . $dynamicClass;
$namespaceEval = '';

$nsSplit = strrpos($dynamicClass, '\\');
if ($nsSplit !== false && $ns = substr($dynamicClass, 0, $nsSplit))
{
$namespaceEval = "namespace $ns; ";
$proxyClass = 'XFCP_' . substr($dynamicClass, $nsSplit + 1);
$createClass = '\\' . $createClass;
}

eval($namespaceEval . 'class ' . $proxyClass . ' extends ' . $createClass . ' {}');
XenForo_Application::autoload($dynamicClass);
$createClass = $dynamicClass;​

I am serving via Flexible SSL option in CloudFlare.

When I disable BD Widget add-on, the error is gone.

Anyone had this issue or can provide any help ?
Thanks.

I'm having an odd problem (or maybe not so odd considering I'm a newbie) with [bd]Widget Framework.
I uninstalled it and now I'm trying to reinstall it but when I do I get this message:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
  5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
  6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm having an odd problem (or maybe not so odd considering I'm a newbie) with [bd]Widget Framework.
I uninstalled it and now I'm trying to reinstall it but when I do I get this message:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'WF_WidgetPage' for key 'PRIMARY'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 177
  5. WidgetFramework_Installer::installCustomized() in WidgetFramework/Installer.php at line 77
  6. WidgetFramework_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/toulabou/web/community.toulaboula.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Is there anything I can do about this?
Looks like the uninstaller didn't run completely. You will need to run this query before trying to install again:
Code:
DELETE FROM `xf_node_type` WHERE `node_type_id` = 'WF_WidgetPage'

Btw, why did you need to uninstall and reinstall?

When clicking on Watched Forums or Watched Threads link I get the following error

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_WidgetFramework_XenForo_Model_Thread in /home/myweb/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

Line 528 which is referencing inside the error (bold)

// XenForo Class Proxy, in case you're wondering
$proxyClass = 'XFCP_' . $dynamicClass;
$namespaceEval = '';

$nsSplit = strrpos($dynamicClass, '\\');
if ($nsSplit !== false && $ns = substr($dynamicClass, 0, $nsSplit))
{
$namespaceEval = "namespace $ns; ";
$proxyClass = 'XFCP_' . substr($dynamicClass, $nsSplit + 1);
$createClass = '\\' . $createClass;
}

eval($namespaceEval . 'class ' . $proxyClass . ' extends ' . $createClass . ' {}');
XenForo_Application::autoload($dynamicClass);
$createClass = $dynamicClass;​

I am serving via Flexible SSL option in CloudFlare.

When I disable BD Widget add-on, the error is gone.

Anyone had this issue or can provide any help ?
Thanks.
Which version of XenForo and this add-on are you using?

Which version of XenForo and this add-on are you using?
Hi, I am using the latest ones: Xenforo: 1.5.12 and [bd] Widgets: 2.5.9

Upon further testing I discovered one particular widget was somehow conflicting with the overall [bd] Widgets platform, but it is well beyond my scope to identify what is wrong.

I was using the [Advanced] Template (without wrapper) Renderer
The (custom) template:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 28">
<xen:callback class="TRN_XenWord_Model_WPPosts" method="getHtml"></xen:callback>
</xen:if>

I shared the TRN/XenWord/Model/WPPosts.php file on the related Xenword page, where the dev also mentions problems with [bd] integration.
Something is probably not right with my code, but I cannot find why it breaks.
I tried renaming the folder and code references from Model to else, but the problem persists.

If I drop the code above, into any sidebar template, it shows teh desired results without problems, however when I want to assign it special position through the [bd] widgets ordering, it causes that error. The strange thing is that this problem seems to only occur on Watched Threads, Watched Forums and New posts pages.

I hope feedback will provide a clue about this issue.
Thanks.

Hi, I am using the latest ones: Xenforo: 1.5.12 and [bd] Widgets: 2.5.9

Upon further testing I discovered one particular widget was somehow conflicting with the overall [bd] Widgets platform, but it is well beyond my scope to identify what is wrong.

I was using the [Advanced] Template (without wrapper) Renderer
The (custom) template:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 28">
<xen:callback class="TRN_XenWord_Model_WPPosts" method="getHtml"></xen:callback>
</xen:if>

I shared the TRN/XenWord/Model/WPPosts.php file on the related Xenword page, where the dev also mentions problems with [bd] integration.
Something is probably not right with my code, but I cannot find why it breaks.
I tried renaming the folder and code references from Model to else, but the problem persists.

If I drop the code above, into any sidebar template, it shows teh desired results without problems, however when I want to assign it special position through the [bd] widgets ordering, it causes that error. The strange thing is that this problem seems to only occur on Watched Threads, Watched Forums and New posts pages.

I hope feedback will provide a clue about this issue.
Thanks.
The file looks good. Because you only have one static method, you don't need to extend XenForo_Model. Other than that, it should work.
Btw, if you check for forum.node_id 28 in the template, it shouldn't show up in Watched Threads/Watched Forums I think?

The file looks good. Because you only have one static method, you don't need to extend XenForo_Model. Other than that, it should work.
Btw, if you check for forum.node_id 28 in the template, it shouldn't show up in Watched Threads/Watched Forums I think?

Thanks,
Is this change below logical to address your point for not extending XF_Model?

Code:
class TRN_XenWord_Model_WPPosts {
    public static function getHtml() { .....

I added the template conditional so that specific Wordpress ( 'category' => '38' ) articles show up inside sidebar of similar XF subforum ( forum_node_id.28 ).

Thanks that gave me an idea, the only way to suppress this widget from showing on these affected pages was to remove it from showing there.

I had it to show under these positions on Widget settings:
category_view, find_new_posts, find_new_posts_none, find_new_profile_posts, forum_list, forum_view, member_list, member_notable, member_view, news_feed_page_global, online_list, search_form, search_form_post, search_form_profile_post, search_result_page, search_result_post, search_result_profile_post, search_result_thread, search_results, thread_view, watch_forums, watch_threads

Now it is only on:
forum_list, forum_view, news_feed_page_global, search_result_page, search_result_post, search_result_profile_post, search_result_thread, search_results, thread_view

Do you have any suggestion on how to deal with it in a more efficient manner ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks like the uninstaller didn't run completely. You will need to run this query before trying to install again:
Code:
DELETE FROM `xf_node_type` WHERE `node_type_id` = 'WF_WidgetPage'

Btw, why did you need to uninstall and reinstall?

I uninstalled it because after install the "forum" link wasn't working correctly and leading to an http 500 error page. I would disable [bd]Widget Framework the page was fine, enabled... not so much.
I then got to wondering if it wasn't the plugin that was causing the problem but a setting I had gotten wrong so I tried to reinstall it.

Unfortunately I have no clue where to run that bit of code.

Top Bottom