[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Throwing out a couple of suggestions in case they were not mentioned before.....

It would be nice to have easily accessible defaults when articles are created - example - we might want all new articles by our users to go into a unclassified section for our inspection. Or, we may want some of the boxes (show child pages, etc.) to be checked or unchecked.

This is probably in the templates but I (and most others) know nothing about the templates....which, of course, is another suggestion. That is, documenting and giving small examples for simple template changes such as mentioned above.

thanks for listening!

Jaxel, any ETA on the date of the next release? Not pining for it, just ready to install this soon and don't want to do so if a newer version is coming within a week or ten days, etc...

(just officially purchased, although I've donated before for it)
No ETA.

How do we get an avatar of sorts to show up in the XF wiki searches?

Note the screenshot - it would be really cool if a wiki-avatar filled that empty space in the left....for the wiki finds from the XF search.
Screen Shot 2013-05-13 at 12.01.39 PM.webp

Is there a template repository available for this addon?? examples on usage...

There was some very old threads about templates, sharing and documentation - but nothing I know of for the present version without searching threads and finding some examples.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencarta-template-repository.424/

Also, nothing to help the newbie understand the entire template thing, etc.

I'd be glad to volunteer to help on any documentation project for XC. I have done tech writing before - but I know nothing of the templating, so would need help before I can document it!

I am unable to save a template. I go to create template page, enter the name and submit it and it refreshes the page and returns me back to the same template name field. What to do?

There was some very old threads about templates, sharing and documentation - but nothing I know of for the present version without searching threads and finding some examples.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencarta-template-repository.424/

Also, nothing to help the newbie understand the entire template thing, etc.

I'd be glad to volunteer to help on any documentation project for XC. I have done tech writing before - but I know nothing of the templating, so would need help before I can document it!

It seems that a release of updated templates is in high demand. Hoping Jaxel will chime in about this.

There's an issue where if your trying to make a discussion thread of a wiki that's name is not unique its impossible to tell which one you want because it doesn't show the parents.

When creating discussion threads can you make it so that the dropdown also shows the forums' parents?

For example:

XenForo Resources and Add-ons > Resource and Add-on Release > Add-on Releases

instead of just:

Add-on Releases

Has anyone looked at creating an editor button for inserting wiki page links? Similar to MediaWiki's FCKEditor Links button?

Sure would be useful, both in creating wiki content, and in forum usage, for example when answering support questions with links to wiki pages, which I spend a lot of my day doing!

-- hugh

If you delete a page which doesn't have any entries in EWRcarta_history, the deletion blows up in the "DELETE FROM xf_ip" query.

Fix is obviously just to wrap the deletion in a empty() test, starting around line 266 of ./Model/Pages.php:

PHP:
        if (!empty($ipEntries))
        {
            $history = array();
            foreach ($ipEntries AS $entry)
            {
                $history[] = $entry['history_id'];
            }
            $history = implode(",", $history);

$this->_getDb()->query("
                DELETE FROM xf_ip
                WHERE content_type = 'wiki'
                AND content_id IN ( $history )
            ");
        }

-- hugh

I've been really considering getting this add-on as an alternative to using Mediawiki on my website. So, to begin I wanted to download the lite version first and get accustomed to building a Wiki since my knowledge on how to use Wikis is non-existent.

After some playing with this, I finally figured it out (at least somewhat) but there is some questions I had before I could fully commit to an $80 purchase (branding free included).

1. Is there a way to sort links? Currently it seems to sort them automatically alphabetically but what if I wanted it as "Light Armor, Medium Armor, and then Heavy Armor?
iz26ox.png

2. Is there a way to remove the links from the Index? I haven't even begun creating pages yet so this is going to be an exceptionally long list if it remains on the Index like that.
2ltrio9.png

3. And finally, I know you can use templates or whatnot but are any included or offered? I don't exactly know how to write code to make a template in the first place.

I've been really considering getting this add-on as an alternative to using Mediawiki on my website. So, to begin I wanted to download the lite version first and get accustomed to building a Wiki since my knowledge on how to use Wikis is non-existent.

After some playing with this, I finally figured it out (at least somewhat) but there is some questions I had before I could fully commit to an $80 purchase (branding free included).

1. Is there a way to sort links? Currently it seems to sort them automatically alphabetically but what if I wanted it as "Light Armor, Medium Armor, and then Heavy Armor?
iz26ox.png

2. Is there a way to remove the links from the Index? I haven't even begun creating pages yet so this is going to be an exceptionally long list if it remains on the Index like that.
2ltrio9.png

3. And finally, I know you can use templates or whatnot but are any included or offered? I don't exactly know how to write code to make a template in the first place.

1. only alphabetical.
2. yes, its an option for the page... however, you should NOT have every page a child of the index. This would make it so that every page is part of the same family tree.
3. there are no stock templates.

Top Bottom