[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Thank you @Myke623 for posting this. It does help a lot and I appreciate what you have helped with already. I know this addon can be awesome, but for someone like me it has been difficult and that's my own issue. I will enable the addon and see if I can get this to work and report back. Thank you again for working with me.

Follow Up: I have it working and it is greatly appreciated! I have table documentation!!

Last edited:
I have 1 question @Myke623 about table size and this might give me a lot more work. I am creating a table with about 200 rows and 4-5 columns. Do I have to create a template for each with a different amount? I have a table that may have information added or subtracted. Is this all manual with no automated way to adjust and scale as needed?

I have 1 question @Myke623 about table size and this might give me a lot more work. I am creating a table with about 200 rows and 4-5 columns. Do I have to create a template for each with a different amount? I have a table that may have information added or subtracted. Is this all manual with no automated way to adjust and scale as needed?
The amount of rows in your table does not matter. You simply add your "row template" as many times as required.

What does matter, however, is the number of columns in your table. So if you have a requirement to be able to create tables with either 4 or 5 columns, then you must create templates (for both your headers and rows) that support 4 or 5 columns. If you extend the example I gave then you could have:

Header with 4 Columns
Template name: sortable-header-4cols
Template code:
Code:
<tr>
<th>{{{c1}}}</th>
<th>{{{c2}}}</th>
<th>{{{c3}}}</th>
<th>{{{c4}}}</th>
</tr>

Row with 4 Columns
Template name: sortable-row-4cols
Template code:
Code:
<tr>
<td>{{{c1}}}</td>
<td>{{{c2}}}</td>
<td>{{{c3}}}</td>
<td>{{{c4}}}</td>
</tr>

Wiki Page Usage
When authoring your page, enclose your table with the same start and end templates, but now use the sortable-header-4cols and sortable-row-4cols templates for your header and row(s), respectively.

And if you need a table with 5 columns, just create new sortable-*-5cols templates with an additional <th> and <td> entries.

Thank you @Jaxel and @Myke623 for the extra tips. I just mocked up the basic page layout in Illustrator so now I just have to code it in the templates. I will see how this comes out. I have one more question about the sortable tables. I don't want to manually sort and add content alphabetical if I can avoid doing so. Is there a way to default col1 to be in A to Z? Also, is there a way to create the content in Excel or Google Sheets and then enter it on the page. The second part I doubt, but it's worth asking. The sorting one I am hoping is possible. Now I am going to try marking up my sample page for today. Again, thank you.

Edit: Disregard the question. I researched and found the answer. The answer is no, it has to be done manually.

Last edited:
I have a couple other questions if anyone could lend a resource or an answer. I finally got the sortable list after a few hours of using it.

I tried making custom templates and applying them. I just wanted to create a simple <span> that I could write editor notes on the pages. How do I create a template and have the text in the middle effected? I know this is probably silly to ask, but I gotta learn somehow. I created this template:
Code:
<span style="display: block; text-align: center;">{{{}}}</span>
. I also added css in the EXTRA.css too.

What do you put in the middle where the {{{}}} is so when you call for the template it effects the text? I tried doing 2 templates, one to open and one to close but that seems overkill. I am adding all of these answers into a document. I need to have a way to call for different spans, and I need to create a simple page in wiki. Attached is just a simple one, but I will gladly take any samples that work. I figure if I can get one basic page going that maybe some members might want to pitch in and that would be pretty cool.

Some people have dropped a lot of cool tips and samples and I appreciate that. My issue is that they are half answers. They show me the code, but not the look, or vice versa. I just need a simple walk through maybe like goal>custom template>css call>BBcode tags. So in my case for the span. Need <span> or maybe <div class=""> for the template(s)--->then css in EXTRA.css--->the BBcode application. I am really handy at writing and designing but I am struggling to get this. Once I do, I will be happy as can be so I can focus on the content and not the code. I have spent days with almost nothing to show for it................except today. I made a sortable table.

Attachments

• bcode-page-sample.webp
    bcode-page-sample.webp
    76 KB · Views: 16
@beanfan, you define the name of a variable inside the curly braces as a placeholder for where you want to insert content within your template. For example, if I had a template called my_template:

<div class="box">{{{foo}}}</div>​

then I would use the template as follows:

[template=[B]my_template[/B]]foo=Some kind of content here[/template]​

Of course, specifying the class ("box") in my template allows me to control its format via a relevant entry in EXTRA.css. For example, I might have:

.box {
display: block;
float: right;
width: 200px;
margin-left: 10px;
background: white;
border: 1px solid gray;​
}​

Which would give me a box floating to the right, 200 pixels wide with a white background and thin gray border. I could use a box like this to show a side note, for example.

Try reading this (unmaintained, but still highly applicable) XenCarta FAQ. It's what I used to get my start in XenCarta authoring and administration many years ago. Pay particular attention to the section on templates, and once you start to get an understanding of how to put them together, feel free to look through the templates on my and Jaxel's sites again.

Thank you @Myke623! I didn't get to use this yet or reply back because of my work hours, but will see if I can make something happen this weekend. I read the XenCarta FAQ about 5 times or so and I took away a lot of great info from it. It wasn't enough for me though. I will try again and see what I can do at this point with it.

After i have upload the 1.4.8a i have get a error 500 "PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post, because the name is already in use in /home/mvssmhxj/anzahcraft/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1"
i have upload then the 1.4.4 again and the error log say me this:

Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot declare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post, because the name is already in use - library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 3 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

After i have upload the 1.4.8a i have get a error 500 "PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post, because the name is already in use in /home/mvssmhxj/anzahcraft/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1"
i have upload then the 1.4.4 again and the error log say me this:

Fehlerinformation
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot declare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post, because the name is already in use - library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 3 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Did you upgrade from 1.4.8? Or a previous version. If you are upgrading from a previous version, you need to run the upgrade script.

The update process is EXACTLY the same as the install process. Upgrade from file on server....
When updating from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8a the forum breaks.
I uploaded the files and tried to access the admin area to run the update script, but the forum is not reachable
http://pastebin.com/7CFRdvwr

Edit: When upgrading frim previous versions: Disable xencarta wiki, upload the files, run the script, enable it.

Last edited:
An update for this addon is NOT required to use XenForo 1.5.12's new HTML5 uploader. It is already compatible!

Yay.

Top Bottom