[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I think I figured it out in a bug... It seems to be an issue with the router having to do with a page's URL being nothing but numbers. Try uploading this file to library/EWRcarta/Route/Wiki.php

Should fix it. Keep me informed.

Solved. Thanks for the quick support, Jaxel.

Wondering if it is very simple out of the box to achieve a similar layout to 8wayrun's wiki homepage, character pages, and if "wiki" is phrased? Also is there any plan to support xenforo tags in the future?

@Jaxel how to add and use "Sortable Tables"?
Once you've defined page templates to construct your table, simply ensure your table has the class set to 'sortable' and all the headers will now be sortable.

If you wish to disable sorting for a particular column, add the class 'sorttable_nosort' (yes, with two t's) to that column.

Follow the link from the overview page: "Sortable Tables" javascript, for more info.

Wondering if it is very simple out of the box to achieve a similar layout to 8wayrun's wiki homepage, character pages, ...
From memory (purchased this years ago!), it doesn't come with those layouts out-of-the-box. Upon install you'll have to start from a blank canvas, but with an understanding of CSS along with how the wiki's page templates work, you can very easily create the layouts you need.

Examples from my site:

Once you've defined page templates to construct your table, simply ensure your table has the class set to 'sortable' and all the headers will now be sortable.

If you wish to disable sorting for a particular column, add the class 'sorttable_nosort' (yes, with two t's) to that column.

Follow the link from the overview page: "Sortable Tables" javascript, for more info.
Thanks!
From memory (purchased this years ago!), it doesn't come with those layouts out-of-the-box. Upon install you'll have to start from a blank canvas, but with an understanding of CSS along with how the wiki's page templates work, you can very easily create the layouts you need.

Examples from my site:
Uauuu! Inspiring work with your wiki!

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.8 CHANGELOG

• Changed event listeners from switch-case statements, to XenForo's event hint system. This should provide a marginal boost to performance with larger forums.
  • The word "Contents" in the [TOC] is now phrased. Keep in mind that wiki pages are still heavily cached and you may not see changes to this phrase until the next cache refresh.
  • BUG FIX: fixed a bug that prevented navigating to pages that only have numbers in their URL.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just uploaded the files and i'm getting this error so I can't access admin or the forums:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post in /a/website/here/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

Just uploaded the files and i'm getting this error so I can't access admin or the forums:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post in /a/website/here/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1
It's good procedure to disable addons/forum before running upgrades in order to prevent issues like this. You need to run the upgrade script in order to fix this error... which you can't run because you didn't disable the addon before you uploaded the files for it.

Add this line to your config.php:
Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;
Then run the upgrade script.

Where can I ask for a refund for an addon, I bought the XenCarta wiki script but it is not useful at all, there is no simple admin and impossible to use at the moment.

Kind regards,
Michiel

Can we have an option to "convert thread to Wiki"? We already have "normal" threads used as an historical info before I install xencarta. Instead of create a new thread to a new page I like to make the inverse: associate an old thread to a new page.

It is possible?

What bugs?

Numbered lists (used quite often in wikis, IMO), don't render after saving (they appear fine in the editor).
Autolinks should match the case of the context in which they appear - currently any autolinked words use the title case of the article title, and thus are Capitalized in the Middle of Sentences ;)

Numbered lists (used quite often in wikis, IMO), don't render after saving (they appear fine in the editor).
Until Jaxel fixes this properly, a workaround is to add the following into your EXTRA.css:

Code:
#wikiPage .wikiContent ol li { list-style: decimal; }

@Jaxel changes to library/EWRcarta/Route/Wiki.php mean that URLs without a trailing slash no longer work. Reverting that file to the previous version fixes it.

Okay, just bought this and I am searching and trying to find documentation on templates and everything else. It says that it support raw HTML, but the simple <p></p> does add any breaks as I would expect. Is there a template repository, tutorials, or anything else to help someone who just bought and installed this? There has to be due to this being a few years old, right? I understand HTML and CSS so this shouldn't be that hard unless I have to code templates from scratch and if so then I am disappointed at the least. Can anyone help get me pointed in the right direction. I don't code so PHP skills are very limited at the moment as well.

I can't find the CSS file. The best I can find is the custom.css but it doesn't exist in my template files.

I found the template repository, but it's from 2012 and I don't know if it's current. I am trying my best to get started, but the addon info page is very light on what you really need to make this truly function well. Things I can piece together are years old. I feel frustrated, but I want to give this a try the best that I can before complaining. Just need some guidance and documentation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom