[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Jaxel has not responded. I stopped using this product and move on.

The other wiki system is US$10 and much better.
I resent your order out as soon as you PM'd me...

*EDIT*

I see the issue...
  • Failed to send order email to ***@touchjoy.com: You tried to send to a recipient that has been marked as inactive. Found inactive addresses: ***@touchjoy.com. Inactive recipients are ones that have generated a hard bounce or a spam complaint. on 01/29/2017 06:17 AM

@Jaxel is there a bug tracker somewhere?
Is there a Vaultwiki importer?
Is there a manual?
Does Vaultwiki code work in XenCarta?

Just make sure they work for XF2.0 of redo them from scratch adding new features?
Depends on the addon. XenCarta will probably be a full rewrite, so it will be the last one to be ugpraded. XenCarta (and XenPorta1) were the first addons I made for XenForo, and XenCarta is honestly very poorly written.

@Jaxel is there a bug tracker somewhere?
Is there a Vaultwiki importer?
Is there a manual?
Does Vaultwiki code work in XenCarta?
No.

Getting a 500 Internal Server error when trying to purchase.

Hope you can fix it.

Also, you said on a recent review that you thought this was crap.

Any other recommendations for a wiki addon?

Also, you said on a recent review that you thought this was crap.
I mean, the addon does what its supposed to do... and the caching system makes it so it doesn't take up resources like VaultWiki would.... but I think its in desperate need of a complete rewrite since I wrote this addon back in 2010 and have been adding on top of it since then... which I won't be doing till XenForo2 comes out.

Depends on the addon. XenCarta will probably be a full rewrite, so it will be the last one to be ugpraded. XenCarta (and XenPorta1) were the first addons I made for XenForo, and XenCarta is honestly very poorly written.

No.
Any possibility when rewriting it that you can add namespaces to keep sections separate from one another?

Somehow i love it, somehow i really dont like it.
From my view we have some logical faults inside, about the programing as mentioned from the autor i cant say anyting.

I have changed my code a litte.
Now the field page_sublist is not 0/1 anymore i use 0 to n to tell the script how many levels of links i want to see on every! page.
Now i can deside to have 0, 1 or more levels to show.

Level 1
-- Level 2
---- Level 3

Another thing i dont like is the alpha index.

Because i have wiki index at level 0 page with everything beneath, all Pages are now under W like wiki pages.
Then the whole page makes no sense.

I want to have every page at the right char

A
- all
- alabama

B
- bus
- bear

and not

A
-- all
--- bus
--- bear

Maybe i just dont see the option to switch this?

About the name-space i have no real idea, but probably it would be better to have

beer.com/belgium-beer/strong-beer

than only

beer.com/strong-beer

Somehow it seems to me that the autor has made the addon for himself and stopped thinking about what others would like to have.
Means we all have to use his way to build up pages.

It is nice to hear that a new version will come from ground up for XF2 without thinking about all the people who will not change to XF2 or switch maybe after a year or longer when all addons are developed to switch.

Next problem is the thread_id;
the first tag wiki > name sets the thread_id for a page.
Who should controll this?

If every page can have one thread, it should not be done by the first tag inside a post.
Everyone can do this.

And how should i change it? There is no way to change page.thread_id?!

The use of substr make sproblems with chars outside the englisch language.
mb_substr() and utf-8 is needed to have a correct index.
And maybe a test if Ä should reside under A ...

Just tried updating from (I think) 1.4.4 to 1.4.8, after updating XF to 1.5.x. Did the recommended "upload files, then run XML file from server", I get ...

Fatal error: Cannot declare class XFCP_EWRcarta_Model_Post, because the name is already in use in /home/robbiea8/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

I can get my site up by setting 'active' to 0 in xf_addon and renaming the library/EWRcarta folder. But I'd obviously like to get it upgraded and working. :)

-- hugh

Top Bottom