XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
Okay, maybe I'm asking it the wrong way or yet not understanding it. So I have a WordPress E-commerce website, could I add this XFtoWP and the two live together? If so, is their simply too many moving parts on both sides to make it worthwhile and it being a constant headache? Do you know of anyone that has a Ecommerce website and uses this bridge that I could see? Thanks in advance.
The most common use case for the plugin is to setup automated user creation and usergroup promotions after a product is purchased in WooCommerce. This alone can save you hours and a lot of tedious admin work to get users into the forums you want them to access.

In terms of moving parts, most people post for help during the initial setup process but have no issues with an ongoing connection afterwards. We have it pretty easy nowadays with the great REST API in XenForo and the relatively simple and infrequent actions run by XFtoWP to make its features work.

I will message you a list of a few sites as I've found most of my customers prefer their privacy. Anyone reading this is welcome to share their site(s) here. :)

(also, sorry for the late reply, I got pretty sick this week!)

It's great when it comes to plugins, but there is no support, Alex, can you please help? I sent you a DM on your website, but you didn't reply, I'm tired now.

The support team is very weak, I cannot use it, Alex is not even around, neither does she answer DMs nor support.

Hi @kolakube,

Would you be able to help us solving this issue, please?

I really regret buying it. When I look at the comments like "No problem is being solved", I have edited my WordPress site so much that I installed it from scratch, but for some reason, when I log in to WordPress, it does not open in Xenforo. Please support me and my friends, your application is not cheap.

It's a shame for the money I spent as there is no support. It's a shame I bought a ready-made theme for bbpres. I have a xenforo license but it is not supported.

It's odd that @kolakube replied almost instantly when I dropped a pre-sale question here:

And whenever the payment is made for the plugin, no support is offered while he logs in every 24 hours.

@kolakube what is the current status of your support?

@kolakube Please fix this part of your code. This will fix the login related issue

View attachment 298634

Problem is this is breaking the structure of login URL

View attachment 298635

because of which login is not working!

Thanks for the adjustment @JustinHawk as it fixed one of the 4 major issues.

Also, if someone encounters issues with syncing between WP and XF, the following code has been modified:

PHP:
/**
 * Forum URL shortcode.
 * @since 1.5
 */

// function xfwp_forum_auth_url()
// {
//   $url = get_xf_url();

//   if (is_user_logged_in()) {
//     $wp_user_id = get_current_user_id();
//     $login_url = xf_user_meta($wp_user_id, 'login_url');
//     if (!empty($login_url))
//       $url = $login_url;
//   }

//   return esc_url($url);
// }
function xfwp_forum_auth_url()
{
  $url = get_xf_url();

if (is_user_logged_in()) {
    $wp_user_id = get_current_user_id();
    $main_account = xf_user_meta( $wp_user_id, 'main_account' );
    $login = xf_request('POST', 'auth/login-token', array(
      'body' => array(
        'user_id' => $main_account,
        'force' => true,
        "remember"=>true,
      )
    )
    );
    if (!empty($login->login_url)) {
      $url = $login->login_url;
    }
  }

return $url;
}

We commented on the old code and added the right function, for xfwp_forum_auth_url function.
We have added additional parameter to set remember cookie, this can help user login session persistence.

The file:
templates/template-functions.php

Thanks for the adjustment @JustinHawk as it fixed one of the 4 major issues.

Also, if someone encounters issues with syncing between WP and XF, the following code has been modified:

PHP:
/**
 * Forum URL shortcode.
 * @since 1.5
 */

// function xfwp_forum_auth_url()
// {
//   $url = get_xf_url();

//   if (is_user_logged_in()) {
//     $wp_user_id = get_current_user_id();
//     $login_url = xf_user_meta($wp_user_id, 'login_url');
//     if (!empty($login_url))
//       $url = $login_url;
//   }

//   return esc_url($url);
// }
function xfwp_forum_auth_url()
{
  $url = get_xf_url();

if (is_user_logged_in()) {
    $wp_user_id = get_current_user_id();
    $main_account = xf_user_meta( $wp_user_id, 'main_account' );
    $login = xf_request('POST', 'auth/login-token', array(
      'body' => array(
        'user_id' => $main_account,
        'force' => true,
        "remember"=>true,
      )
    )
    );
    if (!empty($login->login_url)) {
      $url = $login->login_url;
    }
  }

return $url;
}

We commented on the old code and added the right function, for xfwp_forum_auth_url function.
We have added additional parameter to set remember cookie, this can help user login session persistence.

The file:
templates/template-functions.php
Where do I add this code buddy?

Even though I added it to the relevant template, I cannot log in to the customer I saved in Xenforo with the same nickname in WP.

Top Bottom