XFtoWP 184.108.40.206 is now available for update from your WordPress admin panel! Visit your XFtoWP.com account to directly access your downloads.
- Ensures WP user password is set when successfully logged-in with XF credentials
- Now displays users who are already synced during XF user bulk import
- Fixes error during 1.4.x user logs migrator that may return a false 'complete' status
- Minor code cleanup & organization
XFtoWP 1.5 is now available for download and ready to update from the one-click updater in your WordPress dashboard!
You can also get the plugin from your newly redesigned XFtoWP.com account area.
Read the final XFtoWP 1.5 changelogs:
XFtoWP 1.5 Release Candidate 3 is now available to all licensed customers to download and test. It is still not recommended to run this release on production site, though version 1.5 is exceedingly close to being marked stable and available through the plugin updater.
Changes in 1.5 RC3:
Download XFtoWP 1.5 RC3 from your account now.
- Adds a more thorough cleanup of user data on disconnection
- Sync process gets better at halting any user updates if the API requests return errors
- Visually show previously unseen errors returned from the API when applicable
Admin page validation example:
Frontend validation example:
The final version of XFtoWP 1.5 is even closer with today's maintenance release. It is still not recommended to run this software on a live site and you should test any bulk user actions on staging websites first.
XFtoWP 1.5 RC2 is now available to all licensed customers from the account area at XFtoWP.com. See changelog:
Updating from XFtoWP 1.4.x? Read this easy upgrade guide.
- To match XF date field validation, the date synced to custom user profile fields is now sent in Y/M/D date format (ex:
2022-09-21), and removes
hr:min:secfrom the end. See support reply.
- Better error handling that halts user syncing if an unknown error is received from the API. In this case, the Date validation from custom user fields was breaking the sync. See thread for more details.
- Clears warning message on auto-thread creation
XFtoWP 1.5 is nearly marked as stable with this solid round of improvements made from the last beta release. It is still not recommended to run this software on a live site and is strongly recommended you test any bulk user actions on staging or test websites.
Changes made in XFtoWP 1.5 RC1, available to all licensed customers from your private account area at XFtoWP.com.
Updating from XFtoWP 1.4.x? Read this easy upgrade guide.
- Overall syncing stability improvements
- Improved real time permissions check during user import/syncing processes
- Better error handling if improper API connection setup
- Unregisters Bulk actions admin page if none are available
- Fixes error message on Logs settings page if no data found
- An important security patch has been made and is now available for immediate update in XFtoWP 220.127.116.11. Licensed users can one-click update from WP admin > Plugins > Updates.
- You may also access your private account area to directly download the plugin files here. To manually update the plugin, simply upload the new files to the Plugins page.
- Respectively, XFtoWP 1.5 Beta 4 Patch 1 has also been released for those of you who are testing the beta version.
During this extended beta testing period for version 1.5 the plugin continues to be actively maintained according to user feedback and support at the XFtoWP forums.
- Adds support for syncing email addresses when changed from the Memberium plugin by ActiveCampaign
- New: Remove the Original Post (OP) from connected threads with new option in WP admin > XFtoWP > Thread connect
- Improved code readability in template files
Thank you for your patience and help on this extended beta testing period. XFtoWP 1.5 has overall been well-received and the new Bulk actions and importer tools have been used to connect sites with thousands of users reliably.
This update improves error handling and now shows any connection error messages from the XenForo API during first-time setup or if there is a connection interruption.
Note, the version of this beta has been downgraded to 1.4.92 so all sites using the beta version can use the one-click plugin installer once 1.5 has been marked stable.
Have you tried XFtoWP 1.5 beta yet? If so, please share your experience so we can more confidently mark this new version fully stable!
Read the full blog post here. See changelog:
- New: Use the new WP admin > XF > Bulk Actionsmenu to perform mass-syncing actions across your sites. XFtoWP 1.5 now supports:
- Import WP users to XF: Import WP users into XF with same username and email address. Syncs any existing users together.
- Import XF users to WP: Imports your XenForo users into WP with the same username and email address
- Refresh users: Refreshes the data of all connected WP-XF users
- Disconnect users: Disconnects (not deletes) all connected WP-XF users
- New: See new companion XF addon that automatically registers and syncs new users to WP
- New: Securely generates an auto login URL that can be clicked to magically login users to XenForo without re-entering username or password. Only shows after successfully logging into WP. Learn more here.
- New: Sync logs have been migrated to their own database table (creates new xfwp_logs table).
- Now accesses and stores logs in a far more performant and scalable way
- Sites with thousands of synced logs now display in admin backend with pagination
- If upgrading from XFtoWP 1.4.2 and lower, a "Logs migration" bulk action is in place to move old logs to new database table
- New: Restrict mod tools (lock and stick threads) by entering approved WP user IDs in Thread connect settings
- Radically simplified user registration checks to drastically improve scope of plugin integrations
- Admin toggle boxes usability improvement + general admin UI improvements
- Removes double nonce checks on API requests
- Developers: New hooks that make adding your own custom bulk actions possible, easier to use methods for making API requests, new methods for easily adding and deleting sync logs
XFtoWP 1.4.2 is now marked as stable and available via the one-click plugin updater in your WP admin dashboard (with valid license key only). You can also download the latest version from your account area.
Please read the official changelog for a list of changes and enhancements in this new version. There are no notable changes between 1.4.2 RC2 and 1.4.2 stable.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback for this plugin. The next major release, XFtoWP 1.5, is right around the corner with some exciting innovations to the user syncing process. Stay tuned!