XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
I see this notice on his community, I guess he's going to need some time to reply all, if he's been away for a while...

IMG_20230824_003731.webp

Has anyone been able to contact @kolakube or any support at XFtoWP? I have had the paid plugin since August 1 and have not made any contact.
Sadly, no.

Alex was last seen on his own forum a month ago:
Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 08-53-55 Alex.webp

Several people, including me, have tried to establish contact without success. I think everyone would be as supportive as they can be if they only knew what was going on, with maybe an ETA for resumption of service. This lack of communication isn’t good.

XFtoWP serves as a bridge and is therefore vulnerable to software changes at either end - support really has to be timely and reliable… which it currently isn't.

May look into this at some point. Question: If I write a blog post, can I have it auto share to a "blog" board on XF with the replies showing as comments on both the forum & blog end? From what I'm seeing, it can "add the amount of replies to the posts comment count," but would the comment show on both XF and WP?

Does it also work with user upgrades from the XF end to WP? Like say, for "early access" to blog posts?

Last edited:
I basically want to embed my forum posts onto a section of a wordpress website, and it seems like the widget from this gives me a pretty good shot of doing that.
But do I have to utilize any other features like the user stuff, or can I just connect the two sites and use the widget and thats it.
$79 is kind of a lot to just do that, but I havent found any other solutions outside of getting someone to code something for me which would probably cost more anyway.
Also a little concerned that this product has maybe been abandoned?

I basically want to embed my forum posts onto a section of a wordpress website, and it seems like the widget from this gives me a pretty good shot of doing that.
But do I have to utilize any other features like the user stuff, or can I just connect the two sites and use the widget and thats it.
$79 is kind of a lot to just do that, but I havent found any other solutions outside of getting someone to code something for me which would probably cost more anyway.
I believe you can just use the widget, and do not need to use the other functions (I only used the ability to link accounts).

It also hasn't been abandoned, and he will likely be doing a major update after 2.3 releases due to webhooks being added.

I have to hopefully keep you from doing like I did. I have paid $79 and have not been able to get any support for over 2 months now, so, yes, it appears to be abandoned. I have yet to get my install to work even once. I took a risk thinking that eventually support would return. They have not. I'm still holding out hope before resorting to my credit card company for a refund.

I do apologize to everyone as I have not been publicly active since the summer months, but XFtoWP is very much alive and functional. No good product is complete without matching support and I will make up anyone's time who has been wasted.

I've started with your messages @KeithGP and look forward to helping you finally get setup. :)

Part of the price covers a smooth connection between WordPress and XenForo, which is pretty cheap considering that is where most of the cost of this kind of development goes. 🙈 The other benefit is if you don't plan on using any other features of XFtoWP, they will stay out of the way and not be loaded to the frontend/backend of your site.

In case you missed it, you can see a live preview of the widget on the XFtoWP blog sidebar (scroll to the Kolakube support section).

Last edited:
I do apologize to everyone as I have not been publicly active since the summer months, but XFtoWP is very much alive and functional. No good product is complete without matching support and I will make up anyone's time who has been wasted.

I've started with your messages @KeithGP and look forward to helping you finally get setup. :)
Can I get a refund, please? The purchase price is small compared to the enormous amount of time wasted on this, and the direct cost of getting other coders to actually do what this plugin promised.

Might be good to use this method for Wordpress integration ?

Might be good to use this method for Wordpress integration ?

Maybe so! I will look out for the next HYS for ideas. The main focus of 2.3 + XFtoWP will be on webhooks first.

Simple question, so if I have a Wordpress blog or website, I can add an Xenforo forum to it by using this bridge? If so, do you have any examples where others are using it ?

Thanks

Simple question, so if I have a Wordpress blog or website, I can add an Xenforo forum to it by using this bridge?
In short, XFtoWP allows you to show forum threads as blog comments on your WP site, as well as an array of features to sync users across site (i.e. promote forum usergroups upon product purchase). There is also a widget that shows things like latest posts, featured posts, forum stats, and a forum listing.

You can learn more at XFtoWP.com.

If you want to see a site using the plugin, check out the new Admin Junkies Learn site. Out of the box this site uses the forum comments feature for articles (check the latest post). We also used data from the plugin to show the latest post message bubbles on the site's homepage.

kolakube updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration with a new update entry:

Maintenance update

XFtoWP 1.5.4 is now available for update from your WordPress admin panel! Visit your XFtoWP.com account to directly access your downloads.
  • Fixes missing user data from widget if user has been deleted (attributes author to Guest)
  • Adds missing alt text to user avatar in thread comments view
  • Prefixes user avatars alt text to make more useful
  • Increases click area of widget avatar image and removes border on hover (theme...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay, maybe I'm asking it the wrong way or yet not understanding it. So I have a WordPress E-commerce website, could I add this XFtoWP and the two live together? If so, is their simply too many moving parts on both sides to make it worthwhile and it being a constant headache? Do you know of anyone that has a Ecommerce website and uses this bridge that I could see? Thanks in advance.

Okay, maybe I'm asking it the wrong way or yet not understanding it. So I have a WordPress E-commerce website, could I add this XFtoWP and the two live together? If so, is their simply too many moving parts on both sides to make it worthwhile and it being a constant headache? Do you know of anyone that has a Ecommerce website and uses this bridge that I could see? Thanks in advance.
I was using this with WooCommerce, but stopped doing so because of issues with Wordpress/WooCommerce and not with this plugin.

Top Bottom