[XFA] Media Of The Month

[XFA] Media Of The Month [Paid] 3.6.0

No permission to buy (€6.00)
Ok, I found it and installed it via the Widget Framework

I gather that it will only show when its been awarded as it says xfa_mgmotm_latestMotm_block

How do I get images showing up that are still being voted on in the sidebar or is that not possible?

This is a pretty cool little plugin.. My members are enjoying it, however i noticed that when a winner is announced the announcement is created automatically using the winners account. in other words its posts as the winner.. I dont like this because it looks like the winner is making the announcement themselves which is kind of tacky. And no plugin should be posting as another member without that members consent.. I would prefer the same account that announces the contests announce the winners. If any of that made sense..

Regards..

Yes this is a known bug, I have to fix it.
It should normally use the id you input in the admincp options.

@MtoR I have purchased this addon and installed it on my forum. www.photography-forum.org

I have configured it in admin (I have changed the name from "Media of The Month" to "Image of the Month")

I am using option 1 in the addon.

when I click the tab link at the top of my forum i am getting a server error ??

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XFA_XFMGMediaOfTheMonth_Model_Album::canViewDeletedAlbums() -library/XFA/XFMGMediaOfTheMonth/ControllerPublic/Album.php:76
Generated By: Stemmy, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "https://www.photography-forum.org/media/albums/motm"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@MtoR in the addon description pics there are not permission settings shown, like there are for the [XFA] Media Contest. Am I correct to assume that since this one is made to integrate with XFMG that the permission sets for who can submit and who can vote, etc , are similar?

@MtoR I have purchased this addon and installed it on my forum. www.photography-forum.org

I have configured it in admin (I have changed the name from "Media of The Month" to "Image of the Month")

I am using option 1 in the addon.

when I click the tab link at the top of my forum i am getting a server error ??

Did that got fixed, I can't remember... ?

@MtoR in the addon description pics there are not permission settings shown, like there are for the [XFA] Media Contest. Am I correct to assume that since this one is made to integrate with XFMG that the permission sets for who can submit and who can vote, etc , are similar?

It's made to integrate with XFMG indeed.
Regarding submission yes but regarding votes there is no permission.

Installed on my test site and I ran through the configuration. I was hoping to run a "test" contest, is there a way to trigger a contest to start immediately? The way it's set up it looks like you have to set a start date and then wait for the date to roll over to trigger the contest initiation?

After installing, configuring, and running this addon with a live contest I have a bunch of recommendations. I hope that these would not be considered development requests but rather changes to make it an overall better product. These are not quite "bugs" but rather just that the addon does not function like one would think it might

Adding the code field for the username {2} in the thread title seems to not resolve the username. This might be an addon conflict, not sure. Need to test. The date field {1} shows, but the username shows up as {2} in the thread title

New threads for everything.

Contest Start
Entry Submission
Voting Starts
Vote Cast
Voting re opened
Winner announced

I really don't understand why it was done this way. I guess I didn't read the fine print. I expected that if someone submitted a new entry, there would be a post in the Contest thread so that all the entries are in one thread. But instead, a new thread is started for every single thing. Maybe someone wanted it this way, but this needs to be an option because I certainly do not want a new thread started for every entry. If I have a contest with 40 entries and a usergroup with 200 people voting and everyone gets to vote 3 times, I could have over 350 threads started...really?

Also, the whole thing is managed via ACP which means I can't delegate someone to run the contest by giving them permissions to manage it without giving them access to the ACP.

I am pretty much regretting purchasing this addon, paying for development, and then installing it and running a live contest with it. Which sucks because the basis of the addon is great, using XFMG to manage and automate the whole thing, problem is it is going to be a nightmare when it comes to all the threads it is going to create!!!!

After installing, configuring, and running this addon with a live contest I have a bunch of recommendations. I hope that these would not be considered development requests but rather changes to make it an overall better product. These are not quite "bugs" but rather just that the addon does not function like one would think it might

Adding the code field for the username {2} in the thread title seems to not resolve the username. This might be an addon conflict, not sure. Need to test. The date field {1} shows, but the username shows up as {2} in the thread title

Contest Start
Entry Submission
Voting Starts
Vote Cast
Voting re opened
Winner announced

I really don't understand why it was done this way. I guess I didn't read the fine print. I expected that if someone submitted a new entry, there would be a post in the Contest thread so that all the entries are in one thread. But instead, a new thread is started for every single thing. Maybe someone wanted it this way, but this needs to be an option because I certainly do not want a new thread started for every entry. If I have a contest with 40 entries and a usergroup with 200 people voting and everyone gets to vote 3 times, I could have over 350 threads started...really?

Also, the whole thing is managed via ACP which means I can't delegate someone to run the contest by giving them permissions to manage it without giving them access to the ACP.

I am pretty much regretting purchasing this addon, paying for development, and then installing it and running a live contest with it. Which sucks because the basis of the addon is great, using XFMG to manage and automate the whole thing, problem is it is going to be a nightmare when it comes to all the threads it is going to create!!!!

Having run the old version of this I can tell you there's an option in acp to specify new thread or same thread for contest updates. Have you tried it?

Ugh...changing the settings of the contest re-started the contest, so now I have 2 going and the album names are identical. Had to delete the albums and thread and step back and reconfigure. So once a contest is running is it going to churn away in the background even if I delete it?? I'm running damage control right now ugh!!

Didn't receive the notification, odd.

For which one in particular ?

Contest Start
Entry Submission
Voting Starts
Vote Cast
Voting re opened
Winner announced

It's is an option, you can either have single thread or multiple threads.

Well the configuration was pretty basic, hence why It was put in the admincp.
Which params would you want edited elsewhere ?

Clément

Top Bottom