[XFA] Media Of The Month

[XFA] Media Of The Month [Paid] 3.6.0

No permission to buy (€6.00)
Hello,

I just checked and there is no bug.
It does work for me votes are reopened.

However if you had voted enough, for sure you can't vote again.

Just for your information, double tie doesn't mean two times a tie, see the description below the option.
So if no-one votes then it will constantly reopen the votes.

Clément

No I don't think so, it's not how he reported it on our forum.
Having a 3-tie shouldn't be an issue, if you selected award both, then all should be awarded.

@MtoR

Think I hit a bug, I've set it up to reopen contest after a tie and award to both on second tie. I have a 3-way tie and it seems to just reopen the contest again and again (and apparently users not able to vote).

How can I manually end the contest (and trigger award both) or at least clean up?
Just going on what was posted here, making sure that you are looking at this scenario as well

No, I just have the bug that sets the # of votes allowed to one no matter what you set in the ACP (bug was reported, closed, then re-opened, still open I believe)

In the middle of a contest atm...but are the votes public? Meaning does it show who voted for who?...I set the rule for the members that they couldn't vote for themselves.

No I don't think so, it's not how he reported it on our forum.
Having a 3-tie shouldn't be an issue, if you selected award both, then all should be awarded.

To clarify I experienced two issues last month with a 3 way tie. I don't believe it was related to the number of tied media.

My setup was:

Mode 1, on first tie re-open 24hours, on second tie award both.

What happened:

1. On first tie, it reopened correctly for 24hours
2. Bug #1: No one was allowed to vote, I mean people who have not voted previously (I tested this myself) were not allowed to vote
3. Bug #2: After 24 hours it incorrectly reopened again (it should have awarded to all winners)
4. 24 hours later it reopened again (seems to be stuck in a loop at this stage as it kept reopening)

Unfortunately month has passed and I reset it to award to both which correctly awarded to all 3 winners.

I fixed this by setting on first tie award to both and letting the cron run again. This was a workaround and not what the options indicated would happen.

Regarding the point 2, I tested and wasn't able to experience what you stated.
User that hadn't voted yet were able to.

Regarding the point 3, no it's as designed, there is no option to decide what should be done in case it ties again.
The add-on doesn't track the number of consecutive ties.

I think you misunderstood the Double tie thing, double ties doesn't mean two consecutive ties but if same number of view and comments, see the option description for further explanations.

Well that's something I could envision, though the issue is that these are not kept once the vote is finished, but I surely could store them somewhere.

Please post this in our suggestion forum.

Hi @MtoR I have installed MOTM add-on to my forum http://www.kebunpedia.com

After installed the add-on, I go to General > Options > MOTM and figure out and save settings.

I have also checked the permissions of user groups and all have been set to allow by default, which is good.

I believe that things will work out and new thread will automatically be started. And then I go to my board kebunpedia.com

Unfortunately, the add-on seems don't work. It does not display anything. I have opted to have the MOTM navbar, but there it isn't. And I checked on media page, there is NO option to vote, please check one of our media for example http://www.kebunpedia.com/media/mexican-sword-plant-atau-melati-air-echinodorus-palaefolius.175/

Also the selected subforum where contest need to be announced at separate pages, are not displaying anything. The specific subforum I made for this contest is still blank.

Am I missing something? Do we need to rebuild something or do what action to start the contest from now on? Please help.

1) run the cron manually and the contest will start

2) the cron runs on the wrong time zone. For me, I have to add 5 hours (it runs on GMT time). So I have to set it to run at 5am for it to actually run at midnight

1) run the cron manually and the contest will start

2) the cron runs on the wrong time zone. For me, I have to add 5 hours (it runs on GMT time). So I have to set it to run at 5am for it to actually run at midnight
How to run the cron manually? What code to put? Sorry newbie :(

Also if we run the cron manually at first time, will it get automatic for next month?

I am in GMT+8 timezone. How to set properly?

Thank you Floyd..

ACP -> Tools -> Cron Entries, find MOTM, hover over Controls, Run

Addon runs on a daily cron job, as with many things.

On that Cron screen you will see text next to it saying when it is due to run again. When you click the entry you will see a field for setting the day, time, frequency, etc. Leave Day of Month as "any" so it will run daily. Under Hour select 8 (for 8am) and save. Go back to the Cron Entries screen and look at the time now.

FYI @MtoR I had this same issue with @SneakyDave's Forum Backup addon, the cron way always reset after upgrade and ran at the wrong time unless I remembered to go back and change it after an upgrade. He was able to fix it so that it doesn't reset this setting on upgrade, but I still have to offset it so that the Cron Entry reads 4am (in my case) by setting the cron to run at 9am on the Cron screen.

I guess I don't understand why I have to offset this on either one of these addons, I expect when I set it to 2am it will run at 2am my time, not GMT time....

Hey guys so version 3.30 just doesn't work at all for me. Left a post on your support forum also a couple of days ago. Since the update nothing is happening, no contest opened, running the cron manually doesn't trigger anything either.

Top Bottom