[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2

[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2 [Paid] 4.4.3

No permission to buy (€15.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] Media Of The Month - XF2 - Create Media Of The Month contests in your XenForo Media Gallery !

Description
With MOTM, each month you can start a new Media Of The Month contest !

Two modes are provided :
  • Mode 1: Monthly album generation allowing user to submit medias for vote with submission/voting phases (initial mode)
  • Mode 2: No dedicated album, each month users votes for any medias in the gallery, most voted one awarded, votes reinitialized each month (new since 3.0.0)

An MOTM in Mode 1 is split in 2 phases :
  1. Submission phase
  2. Voting phase...

Read more about this resource...

Finally :)

Hope the widget works at full width :)

One of the biggest complaints we had with the old one was that the widget was sidebar only and easy to miss. A suggestion would be to make a more dynamic widget with user media submissions (from MOTM album) scrollable and most importantly allowing users to vote with a single click from the home page or wherever the widget is.

Another suggestion is a one button submission workflow (again via the same widget) which would trigger the upload to appropriate MOTM album to make submissions easier and quicker.

@XFA

Hope the widget works at full width :)

I didn't try, it's currently made of an override of the default sliding widget so you can get the latest X MOTM media.
Though, I limited display to 1 so maybe on a full width display that wouldn't look that good.

One of the biggest complaints we had with the old one was that the widget was sidebar only and easy to miss. A suggestion would be to make a more dynamic widget with user media submissions (from MOTM album) scrollable and most importantly allowing users to vote with a single click from the home page or wherever the widget is.

Ah you mean something like current posted medias for MOTM ?
That would be another widget than this one, but feasible.

However, voting directly from the widget might not be feasible.

For information, it was previously possible to vote from the medias list but it's not possible anymore in the xF2 version.
The layout of the media items changed in XFMG 2.0.0, you can't like from the lists now so voting is not possible either.

Another suggestion is a one button submission workflow (again via the same widget) which would trigger the upload to appropriate MOTM album to make submissions easier and quicker.

Well that wouldn't be the same widget if I was to implement that but that might be something feasible and not a bad idea.

Anyways, it would be better to post your suggestion in single threads on our forum please, easier to follow-up.

I didn't try, it's currently made of an override of the default sliding widget so you can get the latest X MOTM media.
Though, I limited display to 1 so maybe on a full width display that wouldn't look that good.

Ah you mean something like current posted medias for MOTM ?
That would be another widget than this one, but feasible.

However, voting directly from the widget might not be feasible.

For information, it was previously possible to vote from the medias list but it's not possible anymore in the xF2 version.
The layout of the media items changed in XFMG 2.0.0, you can't like from the lists now so voting is not possible either.

Well that wouldn't be the same widget if I was to implement that but that might be something feasible and not a bad idea.

Anyways, it would be better to post your suggestion in single threads on our forum please, easier to follow-up.

Thanks, I've gone ahead and submitted a bunch of suggestions on your forums.

Just installed this addon. On the options page, I'm getting the XFRM categories to chose from, not the XFMG categories..

XFMG.webp

XFMG2.webp

XFMG3.webp

Can this be used for users to vote on attachments?

We find users are too lazy to use the gallery so they just attach to posts.

Thanks

Can this be used for users to vote on attachments?

We find users are too lazy to use the gallery so they just attach to posts.

Thanks

No but that's an excellent suggestion. Feel free to make it on their site.

@XFA Bit of an issue with the latest version as in it doesn't create a contest thread. Logged issue over on your site. Appreciate you looking into it quickly.

Last edited:
Ok, this is going to be fixed, upcoming version on the way.

Thanks for the quick fix. Duplicating my question on your forum how can I rerun the workflow to create a new MOTM thread now? Re-running the MOTM cron doesn't seem to do the trick.

Thanks for the quick fix. Duplicating my question on your forum how can I rerun the workflow to create a new MOTM thread now? Re-running the MOTM cron doesn't seem to do the trick.

That unfortunately won't be possible.

You could change the date for it to re-run but the problem is that if there has been votes it might award to someone :/

Top Bottom