XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi there. I have this mod installed and Username Matching enabled in the addon CP, but in the discord channel it's not matching usernames. How can I fix this?

Hi there. I have this mod installed and Username Matching enabled in the addon CP, but in the discord channel it's not matching usernames. How can I fix this?

I think the users in the Discord have to associate their Discord as a connected account.

@Jaxel

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: parent
  • src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php:45
Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(45): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/deathwish...', 45, Array)
#1 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(17): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->postPostToDiscord()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1219): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(181): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(461): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#6 src/addons/KL/AutoMergeDoublePost/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(41): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): KL\AutoMergeDoublePost\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(29) "/forum/threads/8812/add-reply"
  ["referrer"] => string(43) "https://forbiddense.com/forum/threads/8812/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(27) "<p>Unique contribution!</p>"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "9a48886ffce97ee054c9d66b66138a95"
    ["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(86) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":8812},"hash":"9a48886ffce97ee054c9d66b66138a95"}"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1587367787"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1587367787"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/forum/threads/8812/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any idea whats causing this

@Jaxel

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: parent
  • src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php:45
Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(45): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/deathwish...', 45, Array)
#1 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(17): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->postPostToDiscord()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1219): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Service/Thread/Replier.php(181): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#4 src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php(40): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->_save()
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(461): XF\Service\Thread\Replier->save()
#6 src/addons/KL/AutoMergeDoublePost/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(41): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): KL\AutoMergeDoublePost\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(29) "/forum/threads/8812/add-reply"
  ["referrer"] => string(43) "https://forbiddense.com/forum/threads/8812/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(27) "<p>Unique contribution!</p>"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "9a48886ffce97ee054c9d66b66138a95"
    ["attachment_hash_combined"] => string(86) "{"type":"post","context":{"thread_id":8812},"hash":"9a48886ffce97ee054c9d66b66138a95"}"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1587367787"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1587367787"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(20) "/forum/threads/8812/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Any idea whats causing this

@Jaxel the issue im having now is hundreds of errors getting logged with the same code as above....

I have all things to do with normal posts disabled through the addon so I really don't understand the issue

The biggest issue I'm having with this addon is that a lot of my users associate their discord accounts, but even several hours later the role hasn't been assigned to the user. This doesn't seem to happen to ALL users, but enough that I get messages from users about it all the time. Yes, the account is associated, and yes, the role bot is at the top of the list. According to the FAQ, the users should be getting processed/synced every few minutes but that doesn't seem to be happening. Any ideas what could be wrong?

I think it's about time I start looking at @NixFifty's addon that does the same thing.
Tell me how it goes, if you go down that road. From my experience Nix's Add-ons are quite excellent, however questions heavily lack responses and bugfixes need a couple of months (up to a year). Take a look at his board for reference.

The biggest issue I'm having with this addon is that a lot of my users associate their discord accounts
There are multiple users that are having those (and more) issues that never got fully addressed (and I don't think they ever will).

I get that the avatar changes constantly, so maybe it's best to change that to the users nick+ID and UserID instead.. such as:
I still can't reproduce any sync issues you guys are having.
Do you consider the "connected account info" thing to be a sync issue, too? I don't know the mechanisms of this and if this falls under sync issues or not.
I can second this. Assigned a new group in XF on August 18th, got synced to Discord on November 26th (yes, the user was on the Discord server before, didn't leave and got a different group earlier this year).

This is what frustrates me about your addons @Jaxel. I clearly said I read the FAQ, set everything up as per spec, and your version of 'support' is to just link the FAQ over and over again. It's lazy, and you know it.

I think it's about time I start looking at @NixFifty's addon that does the same thing.
Read the last question on the FAQ.

e314c3de9.png

Can't seem to get get anything to show here.
Everything else is working fine, no errors, connection tested, bot posting new posts/threads to discord fine.

Attachments

• 1587519799413.webp
    1587519799413.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 1
This is what frustrates me about your addons @Jaxel. I clearly said I read the FAQ, set everything up as per spec, and your version of 'support' is to just link the FAQ over and over again. It's lazy, and you know it.

I agree and have been working toward doing exactly that.

The update is literally to fix your bug report...

How about instead of copping an attitude with customers, and even former customers, you actually provide some support? @XenForo ! When are you going to hold addon creators accountable? This does directly reflect on you and your standards or lack thereof.

Jaxel, I was reasonable with you. Only asking for assistance with something YOU created. I received a few short answers that were of zero help. I continued to ask for support with a refund as a final resolution. You did the correct thing at that point and did provide a refund at least. That was, however, not really what I wanted as I would have preferred that the item I paid for actually functioned as represented.

If Xenforo won't speak up I will address the issue until this is resolved in an appropriate manner. If you have no desire to provide a functional addon nor support it then stop selling it. People need to be made aware of what is going on here. I will get someone to fix a few items for me and customize things but seriously, get out of the game if you can't support things. At a minimum, speak up with what the issue is. Starving, sick kid, too many hours at work, divorce, etc.... I don't think anyone cares. Just be upfront with what you can or cannot provide.

There are literally ZERO other posts from you on this thread.

The FAQ exists for a reason. I'm tried of answering the same question over and over. You people are supposed to be website/forum administrators. There should be some basic expectation of competency in that regard. If you don't want to buy my addons, that's fine. They are extremely cheap, lifetime licenses; if you want better support, expect to pay more.

so once again, you cop out by pointing to the FAQ. lazy as hell. I've already told you I read the FAQ, and the last 'answer' in the FAQ comes no where near addressing what's been going on with my setup. I am no where near hitting that rate nor is my website 'not busy' enough that the cron job is not getting set off. god i wish you would actually listen to your customers instead of pointing to a link that says 'i don't care' over and over and over again.

basically everyone reading this should take it as a huge red flag to not purchase anything by this developer since he has a record of abandoning things for years at a time (which i eventually forgave) but now that he's back he's too lazy to give any kind of support for what he's selling. @Jaxel if you're not going to give any support at least have the decency to mark it 'unsupported'.

Top Bottom