XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Disable the existing cron, and recreate another one using the same settings other than the interval.

Mhmm, I just edited a few of my users and removed a couple of groups from them (around 2 hours ago). They have yet to sync to my Discord... This has worked before and I already re-saved my settings

Am still waiting on the reply regarding the avatar issues not being displayed in connected accounts. Also still waiting a reply if you intend to add a feature so people cannot disassociate.

And for some reason, removed discord roles does not apply the same on the forums with (D>XF), it's been days and they still have their forum role, while discord role has been removed for a week now.

I assume this is an issue?

As I've said several times... I can't reproduce any of these issues you guys are having. So unless someone PMs me some details, I can't fix anything.

As I've said several times... I can't reproduce any of these issues you guys are having. So unless someone PMs me some details, I can't fix anything.
Are you only referring to the sync issue, or also the avatar missing in connected accounts? Also, sorry about the like. Accidental.

Am still waiting on the reply regarding the avatar issues not being displayed in connected accounts. Also still waiting a reply if you intend to add a feature so people cannot disassociate.

And for some reason, removed discord roles does not apply the same on the forums with (D>XF), it's been days and they still have their forum role, while discord role has been removed for a week now.

I assume this is an issue?
When a user connects their account, Discord is supposed to supply the avatar ID. If they don't, then it will have a broken image. The same thing happens with twitter and facebook. If you change your avatar on those platforms, the image will break. There isn't really anything to be done about it.

Adding a feature disabling disassociation would not be possible... in fact, it would literally be impossible. The user could just revoke the oauth key from their Discord account directly. Either way, the connected accounts system is handled automatically by XenForo.

D->XF roles are handled with the XenForo usergroup change system. Usergroups are coalesced based on the usergroup upgrades, and in such a case, it could be that multiple changes were applied for multiple upgrades. So if you manually move someone to a usergroup, and then they get a D->XF sync to that usergroup... there are actually TWO upgrades to that usergroup. When the D->XF role is dropped, they will still retain that usergroup, because it doesn't drop the other upgrade which you manually applied.

When a user connects their account, Discord is supposed to supply the avatar ID. If they don't, then it will have a broken image. The same thing happens with twitter and facebook. If you change your avatar on those platforms, the image will break. There isn't really anything to be done about it.
Wouldn't it be more convenient to call the avatar URL (as CRON) changes through the user ID once a day? If avatar URL is the same, skip it and move to the rest. But if it differs from what the forum has on the user currently and is different on Discord -> Update user avatar in connected account on the forums.

From what I can see. The avatar request is asked once, but never again?

Or maybe even a "save avatar to disk and or memory" option as caching function with the avatar URL being the filename, to easily identify url changes.

small edit
I'm not that familiar with coding that much, but I know there's a way to real life grab the users avatar directly by their discord UserID. But I assume such request would build up towards the API limit. As such (and that's my personal opinion), a URL identifier and match check would best for this kind of situation. (as mentioned above), UserID -> Grab avatar URL -> Check if it differs from the current url avatar url used -> if not, apply it.

Adding a feature disabling disassociation would not be possible... in fact, it would literally be impossible. The user could just revoke the oauth key from their Discord account directly. Either way, the connected accounts system is handled automatically by XenForo.
That I didn't know. Though even if they were to revoke it. The discord information is still stored on the forums, which is what I had in mind. As I assume the forum database keeps their Discord UserID info.

D->XF roles are handled with the XenForo usergroup change system. Usergroups are coalesced based on the usergroup upgrades, and in such a case, it could be that multiple changes were applied for multiple upgrades. So if you manually move someone to a usergroup, and then they get a D->XF sync to that usergroup... there are actually TWO upgrades to that usergroup. When the D->XF role is dropped, they will still retain that usergroup, because it doesn't drop the other upgrade which you manually applied.
So that means that whenever Discord roles are removed (and is set as D->XF on the forums), they'll keep their forum usergroup regardless? That's a shame. If that's the case, it means I'll have to be careful with possible future discord role demotions as it wouldn't apply to the forums.

Is there by any chance anything that can be done about this (maybe with a different cron check) that checks for role removals (only on D>XF roles) and apply them accordingly to the forums?

Last edited:
So that means that whenever Discord roles are removed (and is set as D->XF on the forums), they'll keep their forum usergroup regardless? That's a shame. If that's the case, it means I'll have to be careful with possible future discord role demotions as it wouldn't apply to the forums.
No... that's not what I said. When a discord role is removed, any usergroup change given by that discord role will also be removed. But it will not affect usergroup changes from other sources. Thats how XenForo's usergroup change system works.

Ahhhh, sorry ^^, I get it now. There's no bypass function to remove the forum role regardless? I understand that it's how the XF groups work (to promote, but not to remove), but I assume that could be bypassed?

Only reason I'm asking this is because of the server boost role. I've attached it to another role to give them special access to the forums. Would be nice if that role is also removed on the forums once they lost the discord role.

Any thoughts on the rest of my reply?

Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to make it that newly made forums/nodes by default don't post new threads and posts to Discord? Or to be able to disable this for a whole category and any nodes that are made under it in the future?

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to make it that newly made forums/nodes by default don't post new threads and posts to Discord? Or to be able to disable this for a whole category and any nodes that are made under it in the future?
Yes. Set the addon option to NONE... then it will only follow the individual node settings.

you can do that in your nodes tree - discord setting for each single one ;)

1566077878520.webp

Top Bottom