XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I have given it another debug session and it appears to be a bug similar to an error I previously had with the Steam Connected Accounts add-on.

This is my re-connected discord entry:

this is one imported via your XF 1.5 Discord add-on:

I'm having a problem with someone using the cl2 guest bot to spam our discord channel with the n-word and threatening violence against black people and, obviously, I have to keep kicking the bot to get them to stop. I added some code that sends the forum user name as a message to the channel when any forum user accesses via the page where the embed method is used and via the crate widget. However, they just showed up again and they're getting around it or not accessing through the forum, because they just posted more offensive content and no forum user name was posted to the channel.

Is it possible for them to post using the bot without being on our forums? If so or if not, how do you think they might be getting around it? What do you think I can do to combat this behavior in a way that still allows me to use this add-on on our forum?

I think you need to log into the bot's admin page and disable everyone's abilities to talk through the bot.

Is anyone else having a hell of a time with getting the widgetbot to show up on their website rather than using the larger chat page from navigation? I had it once, it worked and I turned it off for the chat nav page instead. Now I am trying to streamline and go back to the widgetbot configuration and no matter what I do the little bot icon doesn't show on the website. Totally lost lol

Is anyone else having a hell of a time with getting the widgetbot to show up on their website rather than using the larger chat page from navigation? I had it once, it worked and I turned it off for the chat nav page instead. Now I am trying to streamline and go back to the widgetbot configuration and no matter what I do the little bot icon doesn't show on the website. Totally lost lol

Depends on which kind you need. As I understand it, the 8WR add-on is just a bridge that lets you link server roles with forum usergroups and auto-link forum posts into your Discord server. If you're looking in the 8WR settings, you might not find an answer. The widgets are either from Discord itself (in Server Settings) or WidgetBot.io.

For the default widget that just shows who's online, put the iframe code described here into an HTML widget.

If you need WidgetBot.io (which shows Discord messages to forum users, and potentially allows bot-posting), there's a few tutorials. A lot of the clusters that used to be there seem to be restricted now, so you make sure you're using one the active clusters.

Depends on which kind you need. As I understand it, the 8WR add-on is just a bridge that lets you link server roles with forum usergroups and auto-link forum posts into your Discord server. If you're looking in the 8WR settings, you might not find an answer. The widgets are either from Discord itself (in Server Settings) or WidgetBot.io.

For the default widget that just shows who's online, put the iframe code described here into an HTML widget.

If you need WidgetBot.io (which shows Discord messages to forum users, and potentially allows bot-posting), there's a few tutorials. A lot of the clusters that used to be there seem to be restricted now, so you make sure you're using one the active clusters.

Not exactly, just as you see if you visit @Jaxel's site, you'll notice the little Discord bubble at the bottom right which opens into a display of your Discord server. I had enabled this by simply going to the widget.io site (as linked to from 8WR Discord options) and made all of that when I first downloaded the version which contained that ability. However, for whatever the reason, I removed it. Now, much later, I was trying to do it again and this time it was NOT appearing. So I was trying to figure out how to re-enable it and was getting nowhere, the bubble simply would not display.

I have kind of given up on that, but leave it to me to create my own challenge: I, without thinking, turned off Discord -> Widget -> Enable server widget in Discord and notice my Discord sidebar view with join suddenly wasn't loading our Discord. So I rushed back in and turned it back on (of course no changes to any data) and now it is still not loading on the site at the moment. Just sits there blank with little icons like it is TRYING to load.

SO I am going to do some cache clearing (?) to try and troubleshoot but I am at a little loss. One challenge just rolls downhill into another, I swear.

Re-enable it in your user preferences.

I'll try that - will re-enable it all and see what happens. Right now all I have in preferences is: Receive direct messages and updates on Discord…

----

SO has anyone been able to do this (if there is even a way to do this): Let's say I do not want people talking in our Discord if they are not connected to it via the Discord app. Is there a way to kinda make them have to do so?

And while typing that I think I answered my own question, make the 'everyone' role unable to speak which would require that they connect to have speaking permissions....

Look at me lol

@Jaxel I did not save my last email and need the update, I went to the site in the faq in order to get the new one but it seems to not be working.

EDIT: I figured it out by checking my browser history.

@Jaxel I am using @AndyB's Rebuild post reactions cache addon to, well, rebuild the post reactions cache. I'm getting an error on the rebuild tho that mentions this addon:

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'discussion_state' of non-object src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php:13
Generated by: Matt Derrick Mar 21, 2019 at 9:04 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Entity/Post.php(13): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 13, Array)
#1 src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Entity/Post.php(135): EWR\Discord\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1208): SV\UserEssentials\XF\Entity\Post->_postSave()
#3 src/XF/Reaction/AbstractHandler.php(107): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#4 src/XF/Repository/Reaction.php(269): XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler->updateContentReactions(Object(SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Post), Array, Array)
#5 src/addons/Andy/RebuildPostReactionsCache/Job/RebuildPostReactionsCache.php(60): XF\Repository\Reaction->rebuildContentReactionCache('post', 95366, false)
#6 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): Andy\RebuildPostReactionsCache\Job\RebuildPostReactionsCache->rebuildById(95366)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(G)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#10 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(139): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(true, 8)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#15 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#17 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#18 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "https://squattheplanet.com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

any idea what that could be about?

It looks like the addon is trying to rebuild reactions to posts... where the thread has already been deleted. These are data orphans and should have been deleted when the thread was deleted. Either way, there is no reason to rebuild reactions to posts that can no longer be found... you should ask Andy to make sure the addon doesn't rebuild posts which are orphaned.

View attachment 197662
Anyone getting this error at all?

Also getting this above and this below:

Code:
Server error log
Error: Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response::json() src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php:46
Generated by: Unknown account Mar 24, 2019 at 9:43 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php(81): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->getGuild('/members/986018...')
#1 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php(218): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->patchMember(Object(ThemeHouse\Trending\XF\Entity\User), Object(EWR\Discord\Entity\UserConnectedAccount))
#2 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Cron/Sync.php(9): EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->syncDiscord()
#3 [internal function]: EWR\Discord\Cron\Sync::syncDiscord(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(14) "/forum/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(41) "https://apocalypse333.com/forum/admin.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Jaxel what is the solution?

Last edited:
Install the latest version.

Sigh, NVM - sorry, I see what I did, it was not clear the different version on latest download - it is working and fixed. Might want to more clearly delineate the different downloads in the future and what they are for. I just clicked on the first link.

Thank you.

Hey @Jaxel I'm able to get new threads and new posts posted to channels without any issue but I just wanted to point out that for some reason new profile posts aren't working.

I'm using the most recent version of your add-on on Xenforo 2.1.1

Everything is setup and I also selected the right text channel for new profile posts but they don't work. It's not a deal breaker for me personally. I just wanted to point it out so you knew about it. As I said the threads and posts work fine. I don't have any roles synced or and usernames synced as I decided not to do that part

Top Bottom