XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
The add-on is working perfectly!
Only thing I wish for is maybe the ability to let the bot also mention the node name.

Edit: How does a player sync forum account to discord? Does it also sync if the player was an user before the sync?

Last edited:
It'd really like if the discord notifications for posts threads could be more manipulated, especially if put under card embeds that can be far cleaner and embed URLS into text in a supported way.

Things like when a user responds a thread with quotes and such, and that the part that it'll quote is always the quote and not the actual response are rather disruptive for the point of having the responses relayed back, also needs a direct post URL on those.

@Jaxel Thank you for all the super quick updates for the XF2.1 platform, that is the fastest I have seen and very appreciated. Is Discord XF2.1 shortly forthcoming or is it being held onto more stable releases of the XF platform are pushed to production?

This addon is a special case because of this bug:

Is there a way to disable (not letting it appear) the Discord login button? I don't want users to login using Discord.

Last edited:
After my users connect their discord account it seems like a few days later they automatically become unconnected, including myself. Is there any solutions? I don't see any errors or anything.

After my users connect their discord account it seems like a few days later they automatically become unconnected, including myself. Is there any solutions? I don't see any errors or anything.

I have not seen that. What will and can happen is that they lose a role. For example if they have roles A, B, C in your discord server and connect their discord to your forum your associated forum role will overwrite any other roles they have. This will occur with each sync and is not a bug or error.

Not sure if that helps any....

Unless you have roles set to "None", they will be overwritten on syncs.

But ideally our point to having people connect through discord is to match their role and user names from XenForo to Discord. So in that aspect the add-on work as designed. I have one person on my discord who has a administrator role which means he can manage our discord server, but since he is a developer on the website he gets that role upon sync and loses his admin role in discord. Not a big deal really - because I could create a XF role for him and match it to an administrator role on Discord.

You can do like @Jaxel said and do roles to none but that somewhat undermines the entire purpose to his add-on.

I would suggest if you have people in a such a role on Discord, make an role on XF for them and add them to that otherwise just understand the add-on cannot (due to discord limitations) manage multiple roles and utilize it with that mindset.

It is a great full featured add-on which allows you to not only bring accountability for your users and keep them in check with what they should or should not be able to do (e.g. my elite members get enhanced priority talking privileges in discord) but others do not.

Once you realize it is a one to one role for role system...you can easily work with it to fulfill your end goals. The add-on is super.

@Jaxel I am not understanding this addon login functionality. Say I create my account and later want to login via Discord, why does it return the error: "This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account."

Shouldn't it allow you to associate with existing account instead of just showing an error the email already exists? I think the steam auth and such I used before did that.

@Jaxel I am not understanding this addon login functionality. Say I create my account and later want to login via Discord, why does it return the error: "This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account."

Shouldn't it allow you to associate with existing account instead of just showing an error the email already exists? I think the steam auth and such I used before did that.
XenForo itself requires you to login to your existing account before you can associate with an existing account.

Hi @Jaxel,

Do you know why I am getting "UNKNOW ERROR" when I want to invite the bot on my discord ? I followed everything on the video.

Maybe because I used another Discord Integration add-on in the past ? that could affect the functionnement ?

Thanks.

XenForo itself requires you to login to your existing account before you can associate with an existing account.
Oh, if you register via Discord it does ask you to link to existing account, kinda weird it doesn't just let you do that if you had already registered and tried to register on a matching email, xenforo no smart xD

It worked, thanks!

Last thing, do you please know how can I move the discord widget on the forum_list please ?

Top Bottom