XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hi is there away for us to send DMs from xenforo to discord Via the plugin? so if i comment on a tread the bot will send my a DM in xenforo and in discord

If you comment or reply on a thread yes it can be pushed to the Discord channel of your choice, those options are in the node settings for the forums.

It's been awhile, I would have to check to see if 8WR Discord App does anything with DMs.... I will do a test in a bit and answer back if no one else chimes in.

If you comment or reply on a thread yes it can be pushed to the Discord channel of your choice, those options are in the node settings for the forums.

It's been awhile, I would have to check to see if 8WR Discord App does anything with DMs.... I will do a test in a bit and answer back if no one else chimes in.
Hi,

Yes mate I’ve seen that it pushes notifications to a channel, how did you get on with the DMs?

Would it be through Widgetbot.io?

Go into you admin control panel -> addons -> discord -> options and scroll down towards the bottom and make sure the following is checked:

• Enable conversation messages
Users will receive direct messages on Discord in regards to conversation notices.

I have widbetbot.io disabled but my bot cluster is propagated.

Hope that helps!

discord.webp

Go into you admin control panel -> addons -> discord -> options and scroll down towards the bottom and make sure the following is checked:

• Enable conversation messages
Users will receive direct messages on Discord in regards to conversation notices.

I have widbetbot.io disabled but my bot cluster is propagated.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 270051
hello, ive tried doing this however it doesnt send the DM to the user who originally posted the thread. I went through and made sure both users had correctly connected their discord accounts but it doesnt work. Any thoughts on why?

hello, ive tried doing this however it doesnt send the DM to the user who originally posted the thread. I went through and made sure both users had correctly connected their discord accounts but it doesnt work. Any thoughts on why?
In the user's privacy settings (on the discord server itself) make sure they allow direct messages from server members.

When, or can this, be made to post to discords new Forums system? IE, When a new thread is created in the forums on site, that it can then create a corresponding post within a discord forum?

When, or can this, be made to post to discords new Forums system? IE, When a new thread is created in the forums on site, that it can then create a corresponding post within a discord forum?
I can confirm that, presently, the add-on does not allow you to select forum channels (which is probably a good thing since I imagine Discord has different conventions for interfacing with those via a bot).

Discord’s forum channel type has been transformative for my community and we’ve rolled out many of them, so I too would be a strong proponent of restoring posting capabilities to that. In particular, I think it would make the most sense to allow for new XF threads or posts to trigger Discord posts (which are analogous to XF threads) in forum channels, rather than trigger Discord comments (which are analogous to XF posts). This would also likely be the simplest to implement.

EDIT: Discord has published documentation delineating forum channels from text channels here; in general it seems that they have limited the number of API differences, and more-or-less treat what would be comments in text channels, as posts in forum channels (which is perfectly sensible IMO)

Last edited:
I dont even know what this new forum channel type is... I dont have access to it on my servers.
@Jaxel Some helpful links from Discord to learn about them would be:
At a high level, forum channel types are more or less channels in which every post is a thread, with its own comments. It borrows some conventions from traditional web forums (such as XenForo) but more or less it's main benefit is to add a level of hierarchy to channel lists.

It is a very useful channel type, but enough of it is new that it is not interoperable with most bots/integrations out of the box. My own reading of their developer documentation is that mostly the differences comes down to the conventions of creating a thread within the channel vs. a comment within a channel, and the changes these require.

I would be happy to help test this if you do not have any servers using the channel type, FWIW.

Hmm, I've set up my app in accordance with the video, but once it's connected to the forum (and tests as such), it does not show any roles or channels in the XenForo Discord Integration options page. Anyone know what I might be missing? O.o

Web capture_29-9-2022_16149_ambientvibe.com.webp

We took a break from Discord, but we're currently moving back to it. I'm having an issue with user accounts that were associated with Discord in the past, using a previous Discord App that no longer exists.

Now I've completely reinstalled the add-on and created a new Discord App that works fine. But accounts that were previously linked still show as linked, although they are not linked with the current app. In order to get their role synchronized to the server, forum members have to un-link, then re-link their Discord accounts. Then it works.

Is there a way to reset or remove all Discord account associations in existence, in the database? So that everyone starts anew, with accounts that aren't linked to Discord yet? I tried removing ewr_discord entries in the user_connected_account table, and it doesn't un-link the accounts.

@Jaxel Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

You would have to run \XF::repository('XF:ConnectedAccount')->rebuildUserConnectedAccountCache() on each affected user.

From what I see, it's custom made page, you can inspect code yourself and create something similar.

Code:
<widgetbot server="101842324010590208" channel="465953492394049576" shard="https://e.widgetbot.io" height="600" width="100%" style="display: inline-block; overflow: hidden; background-color: rgb(54, 57, 62); border-radius: 7px; vertical-align: top; width: 100%; height: 600px;"><iframe title="WidgetBot Discord chat embed" src="https://e.widgetbot.io/channels/101842324010590208/465953492394049576?api=ac73a1dd-7b0d-4f06-ba73-f01e74b5ec20" style="border: none; width: 100%; height: 100%;"></iframe></widgetbot>
<script src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@widgetbot/html-embed"></script>

Top Bottom