XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Just for clearification: I just have to change the Bot Cluster to disweb.dashflo.net and I´m done? Or do I have to make changes to the discord server and the app?
Change the bot cluster, AND invite the bot to your server.

What are the URLs of both providers? Jaxel's appears to be /admin.php?connected-accounts/discord/edit
One says "th_discord" and one says simply "discord".
Edit: Reread your message, I wonder what the th_ one is for. I don't use their theme at the moment.

?
Ah, that must be it. Would I need both connected? I plan to use this plugin for login/role sync, posting news posts to Discord, etc.

Last edited:
Would I need both connected
I assume not. I handle all your use cases with Jaxel's add-on.

However I think there needs to be a change regarding the naming of his provider, as per the resource guidelines those have to be prefixed (like ThemeHouse did with their th_discord). Don't know if that's going to change though.

Getting "Invalid Redirect URI" when trying to grab Guild ID. When I tested the connection though, it said successful. I've added both the bit ending in connected_account.php and base forum URL.

Seems to be a response from the Discord API, yeah? You have to add the URL with connected_account.php as well as connected_discord.php to the discord app OAuth settings, not the base url.

See:
View attachment 213615
Thanks! Got everything working. Now to set the role sync. I didn't see a way for two-way sync unfortunately, so I set for example, the starter role on the forums to give them the same-named role on Discord, and the final role (Fossil) on the forums to also give it on the Discord. :)

There is no 2-way-sync. You can select whether to sync from XF to Discord or from Discord to XF, but not vice versa. (/admin.php?options/groups/EWRdiscord/)

There is no 2-way-sync. You can select whether to sync from XF to Discord or from Discord to XF, but not vice versa. (/admin.php?options/groups/EWRdiscord/)
Yea, so I set it for the post based groups to sync XF > Discord, but the special roles to sync Discord > XF.

For some reason, 1 of my members is not getting a role on Discord (XF -> D) while it works for most of my users. I can't figure out as to why. First time I'm seeing this issue again after a long time.

I'm happy that there are logs now since the previous large update, but I can't pinpoint why it is refusing to properly sync. Is there any kind of debug mode that maybe the system does see that the user has the role but just decides not to give it?

EDIT: 2 people thus far are having the issue.

To clarify. I've set up a user promotion so the user gets a role whenever he links his discord account to the forums. After that, the discord sync should give a role on the discord. Currently not happening for 2 users. While they do have the promotion role I've set up.

Side question:

Does the role sync (from forum to discord) only check additional roles? not primary ones?

EDIT 2:

After some "changes" I've made (had to restore it though) and changed the role it should sync, it worked. So it has something to do with the role the user is in on the forums that the system refuses to sync back to discord.

Last edited:
I've noticed people have sync issues when they are not assigning usergroups properly. You should NEVER manually edit a user's primary usergroup. If you do, it tends to screw with the built in promotion system.

I've noticed people have sync issues when they are not assigning usergroups properly. You should NEVER manually edit a user's primary usergroup. If you do, it tends to screw with the built in promotion system.
What about setting your admins and mods? Shouldn't that be their primary role?

No... you should be using the admin/moderator promotion system built into XenForo. Everyone's primary role should be "Registered".
Will it still show the custom badge images I have if it's a secondary role?
Edit: I guess I'm just used to SMF's system where it needed to be their primary.

Top Bottom