UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
So, I think we figured out the registration issue, but now the 'members' tab is gone and when we try to go to /members, it says we don't have permission to view it...any ideas?

It appears I don't have that option in my permission groups.

9d17b7c60aec6837a6889eea1b4804e9.png

I’m trying to add a Vine icon to the social icons at UI.X has anyone done this or has a clue? Maybe just pint me in the right direction as to how to achieve this.

@Mike Creuzer
  • New label added so it can display 'New' next to a node. Great if you want to remove the node icons altogether and save space.
I have removed the 'Old' 'New' node icon and was wondering..is it easy to add another icon there, maybe something like font awesome?

@Mike Creuzer

I have removed the 'Old' 'New' node icon and was wondering..is it easy to add another icon there, maybe something like font awesome?

This is not currently supported in this version, but I've patched it for next. If you need this done right away, open scratch.css (the actual scratch theme this time, one of those few times this is OK to do -- when I say it is :p). Just be careful. And if it helps make a backup of scratch.css.

FIND:

Code:
/* ##### Footer ##### */

The two lines above it are:

Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon:before, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon:before {content: "{xen:phrase new}";}
.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: "{xen:phrase old}";}

REPLACE with:

Code:
<xen:if is="!@uix_nodeIcons">
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon:before, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon:before {content: "{xen:phrase new}";}
.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: "{xen:phrase old}";}
<xen:else />
.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before, .node .pageNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before, .node .linkNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {
    font-size: 30px;
    line-height: 30px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    height: auto;
    color: inherit;
}
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon:before {color: #FFF;}
</xen:if>

Go to the style properties now for YOUR CHILD theme, not scratch. Only the one edit to the one file for scratch, go to your child theme > style properties > UI.X Forum Nodes > Enable Node Icons as Font Icons (at the bottom if you do not have widget framework enabled). See screens.

A reminder that this is available in the next release if you'd rather wait, just wrote this for your convenience :)

Attachments

• savesetting.webp
    savesetting.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 17
  • scratch fontawesome.webp
    scratch fontawesome.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 18
If @Mike Creuzer can confirm this, I believe he has given you the process to enable the FA icons for his Scratch theme, this is already available in UI.X so checking the Enable Node Icons as Font Icons should change your node icons to
upload_2014-9-13_17-59-11.webp

By following what I have said to add into your EXTRA.css you can change those icons to what you want.

@Audentio Mike, have you considered putting out an addon that goes with the style to support additional features?
FontAwesome per node springs to mind and it would make lots of other things possible too :)

If @Mike Creuzer can confirm this, I believe he has given you the process to enable the FA icons for his Scratch theme, this is already available in UI.X so checking the Enable Node Icons as Font Icons should change your node icons to
View attachment 83725

By following what I have said to add into your EXTRA.css you can change those icons to what you want.
Yeah...cheers mate (playing with it now). It looks like I'm going to achieve exactly what I need now :)

FontAwesome per node springs to mind
Already available, just a simple check box in the UI.X Forum Nodes style property, to achieve different FA node requires a simple css addition to your EXTRA.css, also many other things can be achieved just by using edits in your EXTRA.css

Ok...we're getting somewhere :)

'Read' icons look good...
read.webp

Unread, not so much...
unread.webp

It's odd because I have cleared out the colour & image references in Style Properties > Node Icons.

Top Bottom