UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Guys, can someone explain if I have done the installation correctly?
1. I imported UI.X theme
2. I created a new style and set it as a "Parent style to: UI.X"
Is that it?

Actually, you set it to Parent style: UIX... it's not a parent of UI.X, it's a child of UI.X.

But since you can't create a new style and set it as a parent, only a child... yes, you did the right thing. Now when you make edits, make sure you're changing that child style.

https://www.audentio.com/documentation/uix/ui.x#installation

Now that you have UI.X as a parent you need to create a new style based on that, then any customisation is done in that newly created style
What?!
It just says to import UI.X and make a parent to that style..??

Actually, you set it to Parent style: UIX... it's not a parent of UI.X, it's a child of UI.X.

But since you can't create a new style and set it as a parent, only a child... yes, you did the right thing. Now when you make edits, make sure you're changing that child style.
The guy above says that I have to create another parent?

After importing UI.X for the first time you then need to create a style based off UI.X
upload_2014-9-12_21-38-26.webp

upload_2014-9-12_21-38-0.webp

Any custom edits then get done in this newly created style, so when you upgrade UI.X you don't lose your customisations.

While I modify my theme again after a fresh XML import to fix the mishap, this is how I set it up.

Screenshot_17-13-28.png

Good?

Hrm... is this version compatible with XF 1.4 only?

Correct. It is very difficult, with us being just a team of 2, to support 2 versions of XenForo and have it be the best of our ability when the 1.3.5 version works just fine. Sure it doesnt have all the same features but thats the same argument for the XenForo version itself.

You can always tell what it for sure is compatible with by the version number, ie: UI.X 1.3.5.1 works with XF 1.3.5 and it is the second release for that version by us. Also, this latest version is 1.4.0.1 which works with 1.4.0 XenForo.

That said, you technically can use a 1.4 version of the theme so long as you understand that there may be things that don't work and you need to handle them on a per case basis.

Correct. It is very difficult, with us being just a team of 2, to support 2 versions of XenForo and have it be the best of our ability when the 1.3.5 version works just fine. Sure it doesnt have all the same features but thats the same argument for the XenForo version itself.

You can always tell what it for sure is compatible with by the version number, ie: UI.X 1.3.5.1 works with XF 1.3.5 and it is the second release for that version by us. Also, this latest version is 1.4.0.1 which works with 1.4.0 XenForo.

That said, you technically can use a 1.4 version of the theme so long as you understand that there may be things that don't work and you need to handle them on a per case basis.

Aside from some of the features 1.4 has that 1.3.5 doesn't have as mentioned, I know for a fact registration wasn't working because of the new fields 1.4 has (just putting this out there for 1.3.5 users).

Hi there!

We have the latest version of the theme and Xenforo 1.4. When trying to register, this error is popping up for players:

f859bcc60cd5142412fd5d474173800e.png

All fields were definitely filled in as I tested it twice.

Thanks for the help in this. Love the theme so far!

Aside from some of the features 1.4 has that 1.3.5 doesn't have as mentioned, I know for a fact registration wasn't working because of the new fields 1.4 has (just putting this out there for 1.3.5 users).

Correct, because XenForo 1.4.x made a change to that template. And if you use 1.4.0.X UI.X you need to undo that change. As I said you have to fix these yourself sadly since we cannot support 2 versions simultaneously.

Our web dude says, he didn't. Was he meant to? Also, how would we go about that IF that's the fix. Thanks!

Correct, check for outdated templates whenever performing an upgrade. 9/10 a merge button is all you need to press.

Top Bottom