UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
How to upgrade from UI.X 23_1-3-0-1 to version 23_1-3-0-2 without mess up the child style?
Just overwrite the previous version?

Last edited:
Looks like UI.X is slowly comming to a flat style trend.

@Audentio .. you have an awesome product.. Just for curiosity: Any plan around updating this framework to bootstrap ? I know that we need a lot of changes regarding the actual source but I see no other destiny to this framework :p

thats great
is there any update regarding RTL ?!
i will try the update 2moro

It is one of the next things we'll be making sure of works. I haven't even looked yet but it is one of my top priorities.

How to upgrade from UI.X 23_1-3-0-1 to version 23_1-3-0-2 without mess up the child style?
Just overwrite the previous version?

Well that all depends on where you made your changes. If you have a blank UI.X copy and all themes are children to UI.X (that require UI.X), then I would say yes. Just do make a backup, for your own benefit :D

Looks like UI.X is slowly comming to a flat style trend.

@Audentio .. you have an awesome product.. Just for curiosity: Any plan around updating this framework to bootstrap ? I know that we need a lot of changes regarding the actual source but I see no other destiny to this framework :p

Thanks Daniel :) And I like to think it was originally a flat style, just some things we over looked.

As it stands, its not the theme that would be compliant with Bootstrap it is XenForo itself. The theme is independent. The problem is simply that Bootstrap and XenForo use many of the same (or many different depending on how you look at it) class names. For example XenForo does some pretty wicked things with the breadcrumb. Bootstrap uses the same class (.breadcrumb) and does different things so the CSS will clash and fixing it is, well, to me not worth it.

Thanks Daniel :) And I like to think it was originally a flat style, just some things we over looked.

As it stands, its not the theme that would be compliant with Bootstrap it is XenForo itself. The theme is independent. The problem is simply that Bootstrap and XenForo use many of the same (or many different depending on how you look at it) class names. For example XenForo does some pretty wicked things with the breadcrumb. Bootstrap uses the same class (.breadcrumb) and does different things so the CSS will clash and fixing it is, well, to me not worth it.

I undestand ! Well.. let me suggest smth: Your website is the only one that the topframe ( to swithc the theme) don't have a close button to see the theme 100% in window.

I'm not a big fan of developers frames thats why i usually close them. Since all your themes got sticky navigations, combined with the frame, i can barelly see the website, lol

I just updated to XF/UI.X/Quark 1.3 last night! :mad:

Do Quark or ANti-Quark need any changes?
No they do not :). Technically this isn't a required update as it adds new features. It is required for Drift. Sorry for adding new features >.>

I undestand ! Well.. let me suggest smth: Your website is the only one that the topframe ( to swithc the theme) don't have a close button to see the theme 100% in window.

I'm not a big fan of developers frames thats why i usually close them. Since all your themes got sticky navigations, combined with the frame, i can barelly see the website, lol

Appreciate the idea, and is something we will do. We spend more time on products and clients than we do our own website. Our own website isn't even responsive or been updated (design-wise) in the last 2-3 years. Its coming though! ;)

Daniel, I'm there with you. There is a work around though, if you are using Firefox or Chrome you can inspect the page and just remove that block, in this case you need to remove:
HTML:
<div id="themebar"></div>
That will remove the top bar until you refresh the page and makes it a bit easier to see the demo forum.

I would love to see the footer merged with the footerlegal :love:
The vanilla footer became useless the day you added a back to top link and the logo home button in the fixed navigation. 50px for non-sense is too much and it would be nice, not to remove it, but to send it in the legal stuff
It would be also more logical because there isn't any borders between the legal one and the extended one but, there is borders between the container, the footer and the extended one. If we look at these two footers (the vanilla and the legal one), the legal footer have icons at the left, the vanilla one have link at the right (if you don't have the AD Styler activated and no other skins to use) it makes sense to fuse them ^^

I know that I can do it myself but I wanted to share that with you because it could interest people here :)

7L3vN.png

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now, can someone tell me if there is an easy way to move the search from the header to another location (one of the two menu lines for example), as I always use the header for a 728x90 banner?

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now, can someone tell me if there is an easy way to move the search from the header to another location (one of the two menu lines for example), as I always use the header for a 728x90 banner?
Yes there is even a setting to move the search bar to multiple locations.

Hi Guys... please, can someone help me with adsense next to logo? I was trying with BD Widget Framework but this banner with logo no....

Thanks.

Trying to insert an image to replace the category bars and been trying various formats that I've been finding all over the place here and coming up with no change. When putting in for colors, that works but, would like an image to use.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
background: none !important;
border: none !important;
border-radius: none !important;
}

.node.category.level_1.node_20 {
background: url("http://XXXXX.XXX/styles/uix/CatImage.jpg")
}

Trying to insert an image to replace the category bars and been trying various formats that I've been finding all over the place here and coming up with no change. When putting in for colors, that works but, would like an image to use.

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip {
background: none !important;
border: none !important;
border-radius: none !important;
}

.node.category.level_1.node_20 {
background: url("http://XXXXX.XXX/styles/uix/CatImage.jpg")
}
This should be easily achieved by simply editing the Style Properties: Forum/Node List: Category Strip: Background: Image:

Ahh sorry didnt catch that part.. Im not 100% certain but i believe a plugin is available that does just that..

But would want to have different images for each. My understanding is to do this for each node or so.
Ah. Your code is close but not quite right:

Code:
.node.category.node_20 .categoryStrip {
background: url("styles/path/to/CatImage.jpg")
}

Forgot .categoryStrip. And you don't want to do background-image: none !important;, otherwise well you'll never be able to add an image.

Top Bottom