UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Has anyone created a mega menu using UIX? I can use a plugin to try to create it, but I see that it's a feature in the style properties. I opened a ticket, but in the mean time I figured I would ask the community since so many here have used this theme. If you successfully have created this, could you explain how to go about it? I have too many menu tabs and I want a clean look to it. I appreciate any help.

Since the latest update we are receiving a good amount of reports regarding freezing browsers resulting from a non responding script. The script is js/audentio/uix_style/functions.min.js?_v=583b5269_1.5.8.1:1:9087 . This is happening on all forums which have been updated this weekend to the 1.5.8.1 . The file is delivered via KeyCDN and I´m wondering where this ":1:9087" comes from, which is attached to the scriptname.
Do you still face these issues? I, atleast, do.

How I set a category to display without displaying the forums within it on the first page? When I had the default Xenforo theme the categories displayed as just the name of the category and you had to click on it to go to the forums within it. I don't want the category to display the folders until you click on it to get the list of forums within the category.

The way it is now in my Uix Dark theme the category displaying all the forums takes up far too much space. I would like it to be as the Xenforo default fashion.

Have created a ticket 3 days ago.

Sorry we had Labor Day, holiday in the US. Office was closed.

Has anyone created a mega menu using UIX? I can use a plugin to try to create it, but I see that it's a feature in the style properties. I opened a ticket, but in the mean time I figured I would ask the community since so many here have used this theme. If you successfully have created this, could you explain how to go about it? I have too many menu tabs and I want a clean look to it. I appreciate any help.

The main thing mega menu does is just go full distance. So you can use AD Navigation to toggle the tab's dropdown to be in mega menu mode. From there, you can put any HTML or anything you want in the text area using the add-on.

If you do not have the add-on, it just requires some futzing in the templates. Ill try and put a tutorial together at some point.

Do you still face these issues? I, atleast, do.

Tagging @kylerc to see if he can replicate.

I'm feelling a bit stupid but where do I change the avatar size?

Globally, its not possible. If you are referring to just the postbit, we do have a setting for that. You go into UI.X Threads and Posts, find postbit avatar size, and change to small, medium, or large.

How I set a category to display without displaying the forums within it on the first page? When I had the default Xenforo theme the categories displayed as just the name of the category and you had to click on it to go to the forums within it. I don't want the category to display the folders until you click on it to get the list of forums within the category.

The way it is now in my Uix Dark theme the category displaying all the forums takes up far too much space. I would like it to be as the Xenforo default fashion.

That's a good question, I'm not too sure. I mean I know how you can do it in code, but not through something built into XenForo. Did you write code when you did it with the default style?

That's a good question, I'm not too sure. I mean I know how you can do it in code, but not through something built into XenForo. Did you write code when you did it with the default style?

I didn't write any code, I just used the default Xenforo software out of the box. I have a category node, containing six sub-category nodes, which then contain multiple forum nodes. In the default Xenforo theme the list of sub-categories displayed only the names of the categories, some basic info, but not the names of the forums it contains, therefore not taking up as much space. In my UI.X Dark theme the sub-categories are displayed with a list all of the forums they contain which takes up more space.

I guess I'll just live with it for now, but ideally I'd like to have only the names of the sub-categories displayed under a parent category, then a user would have to click on the sub-category to view the list of forums within it.

Last edited:
Will this be coming soon (your post was on 31st August)?

We only have a few minor JS fixes to push out so Ill let you know when we have an eta. Will aim for in the next few days. Might not update all products til next XF release since that might be coming shortly.

Hi @Mike Creuzer

1. I want to change the color Postbit

View attachment 140916

2. Registered Groups none
View attachment 140917
thank you
Will this be coming soon (your post was on 31st August)?

Hi @Mike Creuzer

1. I want to change the color Postbit

View attachment 140916

2. Registered Groups none
View attachment 140917
thank you

Both just require some CSS. :)

We just converted over to Xenforo and it's been good so far. Still early, but good. This theme looks terrific -- I absolutely love it -- but I've experienced a few issues.

I'm noticing that when I edit a post, occasionally it gets stuck thinking with the 'processing' icon going in the top right. The post just disappears and it's stuck processing. I have to refresh the page to see the post again. The same has happened occasionally when actually making a post. I check the same issue on the default Xenforo theme and it doesn't happen.

The only plugin I have installed is s9e media embeds.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Only other issue is just a minor annoyance and that's when an alert pops up in the top right. It looks great, but when you scroll over that flag, the red notification count box to the right goes away and everything shifts to the right, so you lose the overlay because your mouse is no longer over the flag.

Getting this error with the most recent version

audentio-uix_addon-1.0.12b

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'node_field.inheritClass' in 'field list' in /server/web/website/www/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Audentio/UIX/Model/Node.php at line 73
    Audentio_UIX_Model_Node->getAllNodesWithFields() in Audentio/UIX/Listener/CodeEvent.php at line 242
    Audentio_UIX_Listener_CodeEvent::templateCreate()
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 82
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 239
    XenForo_Dependencies_Public->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 263
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->createTemplateObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 120
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 639
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /server/web/website/www/index.php at line 13

How should I proceed?

Last edited:
Mike Creuzer updated UI.X with a new update entry:

Minor bug fixes and update to XenForo 1.5.10.0

This version of UI.X is ONLY compatible with XenForo 1.5.9 and up. Read why here:https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ui-x-paid.57944/page-322#post-1085202

Please disable the add-on before upgrade or you will see error messages.

Note: this version requires the latest update to the UI.X add-on version 1.0.12a. The add-on can be downloaded from your customer area at Audentio.com.

We also offer installation ($15) and upgrades (starting at $99 - but if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

We just converted over to Xenforo and it's been good so far. Still early, but good. This theme looks terrific -- I absolutely love it -- but I've experienced a few issues.

I'm noticing that when I edit a post, occasionally it gets stuck thinking with the 'processing' icon going in the top right. The post just disappears and it's stuck processing. I have to refresh the page to see the post again. The same has happened occasionally when actually making a post. I check the same issue on the default Xenforo theme and it doesn't happen.

The only plugin I have installed is s9e media embeds.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Only other issue is just a minor annoyance and that's when an alert pops up in the top right. It looks great, but when you scroll over that flag, the red notification count box to the right goes away and everything shifts to the right, so you lose the overlay because your mouse is no longer over the flag.
Hmm if this continues create a ticket with us. It could be a JS issue, so feel free to check your JS console (f12 on chrome). Glad you like the theme!

Top Bottom