UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
How to add the logo from your website to the navtab when you scroll down and when the navTab is lock at the top of the page? Something similar to http://www.gamespot.com/
You can do this many different ways, I've debated on adding this to the core but for lack of space I opted out of it.

One way it to style the home tab or add a new navtab to navigation and style it. Doing it this way will make sure the responsive navigation overflow script still works.

Another way is adding the image or absolute positioning it to the header and then nudging the navtabs div to make room. This way is a bit tougher I think.

Just a little update here, we decided to go through with a couple suggestions to get an advanced footer integrated into the design. We are limited a bit with Style Properties and whatnot, but you can still accomplish must of what you need to do in your footer without any template edits if not any at all.

Attachments

• footer_2.webp
    footer_2.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 61
  • footer_3.webp
    footer_3.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 58
  • footer_1.webp
    footer_1.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 56
Just a little update here, we decided to go through with a couple suggestions to get an advanced footer integrated into the design. We are limited a bit with Style Properties and whatnot, but you can still accomplish must of what you need to do in your footer without any template edits if not any at all.
Wish to have this on Drift also :)

Wish to have this on Drift also :)
Will try and bring this over. We should've built Drift on UI.X but thought it might be difficult with the header, but then right when we were done I realized there was an easy way to do it >.>.

Reactions: rdn
That looks, and sounds, terrific! Love the integrated usage of FontAwesome too!!

Will you add something like a beta thing for your customers? My community is growing up very quickly in my opinion and they are expecting this footer very soon since I told them it was coming ^^

Will you add something like a beta thing for your customers? My community is growing up very quickly in my opinion and they are expecting this footer very soon since I told them it was coming ^^
Well, this is a huge update. The thing about UI.X is that there are, I don't know 50 settings, and about 20 of those can change the look of the design quite a bit. So I need to literally go through and check every permutation of possible outcomes. And well that tooks a very long time, hence why each release takes a bit longer. I need to make sure that when this, that, and those settings are turned on, the design still works by design.

Some features in the new design include:

-- Changing searchbar position
-------Always an icon next to private tabs
-------Next to logo on right
-------Underneath navigation next to tab links
-- Styler takes parameters which will allow settings to be changed right from style properties, and essentially this means you can now use the styler WITHOUT editing any styler files :D (unless you want custom presets)
-- All icons converted to font awesome (eventually Ill add other fonts such as icomoon)
-- A few settings for retina-friendly (since all the images are fonts, cept the logo and XenForo's sprite, it is now retina friendly as fonts are fully scalable. I could convert all XenForo's images into icons, but I decided to only change a few. Besides, some plugins use a lot of images, so I wanted those to be available to plugin authors of course.
-- RSS icon added in footer, sorry for removing it, was an accident.
-- The advanced footer with up to 4 columns (could go up to 5 or 6 but I don't think its necessary. In the future, I might make it so you can control the width of each column as well. Maybe the order as well if I can get it to work with Style Properties. Hard to believe no plugins in this theme hehe, just making use of the best caching system in the world. :P
-- Changed the avatar male/female to just regular use icons, people didn't like the icons I used so I figure that if you want your site to have male female icons you can upload them separately. Most people just want a user icon with no affiliate to gender, so it seems, even though this is something XenForo has by default.
-- Forum description moves next to (on same line as) forum title, for an alternative more compressed category strip.
-- Sub-forums shown in list instead of dropdown have icons next to em now.

And probably a whole lot of other things I missed, but will have a better changelog when I launch. It is recommended that people start with a fresh installation just to see what is available, then either manually convert their changes over or try doing an upgrade, just MAKE SURE to do a back-up of your current UI.X installation before doing so. Can't stress that enough.

I found someting you can certainly fix before your release.
When you scroll down the page and when the navbar become fixed at the top of the page, if you have the search engine activated, there is no problem. But if it's desactivted, your code doesn't care of it and keep the visitor tab the the left where there is no need :

Before :
5NmfC.png

After
5Nmhz.png

these screens are not very nice but I think we can see where the problem is.

Can we expect a release this week? Or is it too soon for you to have a nice version, I can't wait to customize this new UI.X =P

Top Bottom