UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I really like this! Would you please show your changes? Thank you :)

Open template "message_user_info".

Search for
Code:
<div class="uix_userTextInner">

After cut out (copy and delete) the following block
Code:
<xen:if is="{$userBlockHasCollapsibleElements} == 1">
                <div class="js-messageUserBlockToggle messageUserBlockToggle">
                    <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-expand Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase uix_expand}" data-tipclass="iconTip"></i>
                    <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-collapse Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase uix_collapse}" data-tipclass="iconTip"></i>
                </div>
</xen:if>

Search for
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
         <div class="extraUserInfo {$extraCollapseStateClass}">

In between both tags insert the code block from above...
...so it looks like:

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
        <xen:if is="{$userBlockHasCollapsibleElements} == 1">
                <div class="js-messageUserBlockToggle messageUserBlockToggle">
                    <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-expand Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase uix_expand}" data-tipclass="iconTip"></i>
                    <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-collapse Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase uix_collapse}" data-tipclass="iconTip"></i>
                </div>
        </xen:if>
        <div class="extraUserInfo {$extraCollapseStateClass}">

Finally go to "message_user_info.css"...
...and search for ".messageUserBlockToggle" and add "width: 100%;" to the style properties.

Change the CSS properties according to your needs.

Please have a look here. The arrow tips point to the shadows that are cast onto the OffCanvas from the .navTab class div. Since it is sticky also, I guess it has the highest z-index and therefore will be above the OffCanvas. I tried to change the OffCanvas z-index to a higher one but (not surprisingly) that changes the behavior or better destroys the behavior on the slide effects. This only happens with "Reveal" and "Push" slide effects and not with "Cover" – which leaves me hopeful that it can be resolved.

View attachment 123190
I was unable to give this a thoughtful look in time for last release, as we try not to change much without substantial testing.

My immediate solution is to increase the z-indexing of the side panels. That is a possibilty for the push effect. However, that is not a possibility for the reveal effect, as it would break layering hierarchy inherent to that effect.

I was unable to give this a thoughtful look in time for last release, as we try not to change much without substantial testing.

My immediate solution is to increase the z-indexing of the side panels. That is a possibilty for the push effect. However, that is not a possibility for the reveal effect, as it would break layering hierarchy inherent to that effect.

Okay, I was able change z-indexes for "push". That is a problem resolved very easily. Now only "reveal" is missing. I sense that is a tricky one.

I've enabled bot Enable Collapsing Signature and Enable Collapse User Information and the group permissions are set but in the forum there's nothing to collapse or expand. Why?

Schermata 2015-12-07 alle 16.23.39.webp

@Mike Creuzer: Here is something interesting to chew on...

"Page Width Toggle vs Navigation Overflow":
If you have the navigation bar full of NavTabs, the "Nav Overflow" kicks in and shows the Nav Overflow Icon. When you toggle the page width to full width (in my case 100%) with the page width toggle button and in case there is enough space, the overflow ends and all tabs are shown. Once you click width toggle again, it shrinks back to the predefined page width and shows the Nav Overflow Icon again... so far... so good...

BUT: It does not do it as long as the Navigation Bar is "sticky"... as long as it is sticky and floating over the page it keeps the overflow status (and icon) in full page width and (worse): if the navigation tabs are all present on full width and you toggle back to predefined page width again, the nav tabs remain cluttered on the page layout thus destroying the page layout.

Once you scroll back top top – where the navigation bar stops being "sticky" – it snaps back to the correct state. No page reload needed. I think this is a JS functionality...

So... My inquiry: Is it possible to have the "reset" of the navigation bar combined with the Page Width Toggle in addition to the above reset or instead? So whenever you toggle page width, the Navigation Bar resets (but remains sticky also if last state was sticky.)

I hope you get what I am wanting to tell you.

Okay, I was able change z-indexes for "push". That is a problem resolved very easily. Now only "reveal" is missing. I sense that is a tricky one.

Yes, its tricky. Not something we can prioritize at the moment since it can be fixed with style property tweaks, but good eye I must say.

How do I get rid of this?

View attachment 123360

I can't for the life of me get rid of it. :(:mad:

That is just centered text. You need to stop centering the text, but its part of the style. I would just use a bit of extra CSS. To stop it, you need to actually edit the template as well though and wrap the page title in a <div class="pageWidth"> as that was removed to get the dotted line scroll effect. Furthermore, you need to comment out all the flexbox css and text-align centers. As I said, its part of the style, I mean not everything has an on-off switch, just gotta get in there sometimes :p

Is something wrong with UI.X add-on version 1.0.7? I click on the styles link to list the styles and get an arror
View attachment 123499

I believe this is fixed now, correct? Just wanted to make sure.

I've enabled bot Enable Collapsing Signature and Enable Collapse User Information and the group permissions are set but in the forum there's nothing to collapse or expand. Why?

View attachment 123501

If you updated the UI.X add-on it could have changed. Intrepid will have an update to it this week for sure. Check then and let me know.

How do I remove the user/mod bar completely?

I only want to have 1 navigation bar so it doesn't confuse users.

If you go to UI.X Navigation style properties, toggle Visitor Tabs to User Bar. See attached. You will still get the mod bar for mods/admins, this is desirable. But your users will not see it.

@Mike Creuzer: Here is something interesting to chew on...

"Page Width Toggle vs Navigation Overflow":
If you have the navigation bar full of NavTabs, the "Nav Overflow" kicks in and shows the Nav Overflow Icon. When you toggle the page width to full width (in my case 100%) with the page width toggle button and in case there is enough space, the overflow ends and all tabs are shown. Once you click width toggle again, it shrinks back to the predefined page width and shows the Nav Overflow Icon again... so far... so good...

BUT: It does not do it as long as the Navigation Bar is "sticky"... as long as it is sticky and floating over the page it keeps the overflow status (and icon) in full page width and (worse): if the navigation tabs are all present on full width and you toggle back to predefined page width again, the nav tabs remain cluttered on the page layout thus destroying the page layout.

Once you scroll back top top – where the navigation bar stops being "sticky" – it snaps back to the correct state. No page reload needed. I think this is a JS functionality...

So... My inquiry: Is it possible to have the "reset" of the navigation bar combined with the Page Width Toggle in addition to the above reset or instead? So whenever you toggle page width, the Navigation Bar resets (but remains sticky also if last state was sticky.)

I hope you get what I am wanting to tell you.

I've confirmed this bug, good stuff. Added to bug list for next release. We actually want to do another quick release for UI.X because we found a few more minor things. Just so we are at a 100% stable point again. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 9.39.58 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 9.39.58 AM.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Top Bottom