UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Check post #2356. Anyway, checked it, provided screenshot. Not rendering font awesome node icons nothing has changed.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 8.51.14 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 8.51.14 AM.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 23
My apologies. It worked(see screenshot). Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue (y)

Now, how do I get "different" font awesome nodes and how to install (see two screenshots for example)?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.38.14 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.38.14 PM.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.42.06 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.42.06 PM.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.41.52 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-09-05 at 2.41.52 PM.webp
    1 KB · Views: 17
@Bob_R Try this in your EXTRA.css, it will need to be done for each node

Code:
.node_X .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1e3' !important;}

X - your own node number
f1e3 - unicode for the FA icon

Last edited:
Here's an example using the following code:

Code:
.node_4 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1e3' !important;}
.node_23 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f0c0' !important;}
.node_5 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1ae' !important;}
.node_6 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1ea' !important;}

upload_2014-9-5_21-18-50.webp

You may need to adjust the margins in Style Properties: Node Icons so they align better, mine is just a brief example of what can be achieved.

@Bob_R if you want to change the colour:

Code:
.node_4 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1e3' !important; color: red !important;}
.node_23 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f0c0' !important; color: #66FF66 !important;}
.node_5 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1ae' !important; color: rgb(23, 36, 217) !important;}
.node_6 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon:before {content: '\f1ea' !important; color: orange !important;}

upload_2014-9-5_21-52-18.webp

If you aren't using the 'color' option for the icons they will change to Bold once a there's a new post in the forum.

Only the node title will go bold if using colours. There may be a way for read nodes to be faded when having them different colours.

As I don't use FA for node icons I haven't really done any messing around, was just helping you get started.

You can edit the colours of the banners in the user_banners.css template there is no style property for adjusting the stock banner colours.
You've been very helpful.

I'm now wanting to add some space above the banner. Here's what I have now in extra.css:

Code:
.userBanner.bannerPrimary {
padding-top: 5px !important;
{

Nothing seems to work. I've also removed .bannerPrimary and gave that a try.

You've been very helpful.

I'm now wanting to add some space above the banner. Here's what I have now in extra.css:

Code:
.userBanner.bannerPrimary {
padding-top: 5px !important;
{

Nothing seems to work. I've also removed .bannerPrimary and gave that a try.
margin-top: 2px !important;

try that, adjust the px to what you want.

Thanks for the quick response ;), I just installed UI.X but I have not configured it yet so I will uninstall it for now.
You won't have to uninstall it. Just upgrade it. There actually aren't many changes to the templates, we do add some new features actually.

Top Bottom