Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Is there a way to make it so when you create a group, it automatically creates a thread in a pre-selected forum?

List of some excellent suggestions for this addon, that people hopefully would vote for if they want to see it implemented =)

I have noted that the plgin has a problem.
There isn't the possibility to choose how many contents/feed the system must show in the "News Feed" section, so if the group is frequented this list become too long and when the browser try to load the page (by entering in a group) the page is been blocked for many... seconds untill all the contents are loaded, so that if the users have load video links, images and so on, the time to load the entire page is really much and it seems that the group/plugin isn't working good.

How to solve this? Because this is blocking many groups on my forum.

Thanks in advance

I was meaning that where there are the options to set the privacy of the group that I have sent you in my last post, could be useful to add an option to let decide also if the stream of the group can be shown in the Wat's New section.
Example: "Show the activity of this group in the Wat's New section"
Also this is really important.
To give the possibility to the admin of the forum to decide and select, wich group can show the own activities in the stream ("What's new" section).
Because in this way if many users are talking inside the groups then the "What's new" section become empty or with less contents because the groups activities are hidden from there and this is traslated in less activity shown in the forum, so less users interest also to register to the forum.

This future will also help all the users to see a forum more active and maybe follow those contents and maybe also sign in inside those groups where are the things that can be interesting for them.

EDITED

Last edited:
I have noted that the plgin has a problem.
There isn't the possibility to choose how many contents/feed the system must show in the "News Feed" section, so if the group is frequented this list become too long and when the browser try to load the page (by entering in a group) the page is been blocked for many... seconds untill all the contents are loaded, so that if the users have load video links, images and so on, the time to load the entire page is really much and it seems that the group/plugin isn't working good.

How to solve this? Because this is blocking many groups on my forum.

Thanks in advance
Hi Truonglv, any news on that?
This problem is blocking the load of the page of the more frequented groups creating a not nice issue.
It not succeed with the new or empty groups, but only with those more frequented, so the problem are the number of contents inside the page.

@truonglv - Could you please add a feature (per category) to limit posting new threads within a group to only the group owner or moderator? This would allow us to also use the groups as blogs, series, etc. and open up a lot more possibilities. :)

I am willing to help finance this feature. Please let me know if this is possible.

@truonglv - Could you please add a feature (per category) to limit posting new threads within a group to only the group owner or moderator? This would allow us to also use the groups as blogs, series, etc. and open up a lot more possibilities. :)

I am willing to help finance this feature. Please let me know if this is possible.
Your idea is great! But I need more information.

Hi,

I have a question:
I want to organize a paid event and I want those who will attend that event to join the group I have determined after paying.
Is this possible in the addon?

Resources currently require attached files, is it possible to disable attachments for Resources?

I want to use Resources as just text documents.

Getting a server error when trying to add a forum to a group:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'cv6_icon' cannot be null
[*]src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:230
[*]Generated by: zoldos
[*]Mar 16, 2022 at 6:20 PM
[/LIST]
[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
INSERT  INTO `xf_node` (`node_type_id`, `title`, `description`, `parent_node_id`, `display_order`, `node_id`, `node_name`, `style_id`, `effective_style_id`, `display_in_list`, `breadcrumb_data`, `navigation_id`, `effective_navigation_id`, `cv6_icon`, `cv6_icon_type`, `cv6_image_path`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(198): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1048, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1048, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1514): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_node', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1246): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(71): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(189): XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#8 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(67): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(28) "/group-forums/add?group_id=1"
  ["referrer"] => string(55) "https://zoldos.net/groups/kitties-pooches.1/discussions"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["group_id"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["node"] => array(3) {
      ["title"] => string(7) "Kitties"
      ["description"] => string(15) "All about cats!"
      ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    }
    ["min_tags"] => string(1) "0"
    ["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
    ["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
    ["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
    ["list_date_limit_days"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(37) "/groups/kitties-pooches.1/discussions"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

And also not able to get group covers to save when repositioning!

Top Bottom