[XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads

[XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Veer

Limit-Resource-Downloads-Product-Features.png

Introducing the Limit Resource Downloads add-on​

This add-on gives forum admins powerful control over resource downloads by allowing them to set a variety of limits, such as:
  • Daily download limits
  • Reaction requirement
  • Minimum message count limits
  • Force account upgrade
The add-on also includes informative interfaces and user-friendly error pages that explain the reasons for download restrictions. This helps to discourage abuse and promote fair use of resources.

In addition, the add-on can encourage user engagement on the forums and can lead to more account upgrades, boosting your site’s revenue.

Key Features​

Here are some of the key features of the Limit Resource Downloads add-on:

🛠️ Usergroup permissions: This allows admins to fine-tune who can download resources, and under what conditions.
🧩 Support for setting permissions in each Resource Category: This gives admins even more granular control over download limits.
📉 3 types of limits: Admins can choose from customizable download limits, reaction limits, and message count limits.
↩️ Ability to bypass limits: Admins can allow users to bypass limits by setting them to “Unlimited” or by granting them the appropriate usergroup permissions.
📊 Info Tabs Bar: This provides a quick overview of the user’s current download limits for the viewed resource.
📄 Download Limits Overview Page: This provides a detailed overview of user-specific download limits for the accessed resource.
🎯 Custom Buttons: These buttons provide quick user info/alerts, such as the number of downloads left or an alert that the download limit has been exceeded.
🚦 User-friendly error pages: These pages explain and guide users through download limits and restrictions.
⚙️ Admin options: Admins can customize the download limit reset time, enable/disable the Info Tabs Bar and Download Limits Overview Page.
🎨 Easy customization: Custom classes and dedicated style properties for effortless customization.

If you’re looking for a powerful way to control resource downloads on your XenForo forum, the [XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads add-on is a great option. It’s packed with features and gives admins the flexibility to fine-tune download limits to meet their specific needs.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Veer updated [XenCustomize] Limit Resource Downloads with a new update entry:

1.0.1 - Optimized Functionality and Enhanced User Engagement

In our continuous pursuit of excellence, we've resolved all identified bugs, performed thorough code cleanup, and fine-tuned template conditions.

Complete changelog:​

• Resolved all identified bugs in version 1.0.0.
  • Conducted thorough code cleanup and fine-tuned template conditions.
  • Enhanced the design of the Download Limits Overview page/popup window.
  • Implemented the inclusion of phrases in templates to facilitate seamless translation.
  • Carefully verified all permissions and significantly improved the functionality of the force account upgrade on the front-end.
  • Made specific code changes to rectify the bug related to Download versions in the History tab.
  • Added a new template designed to display user-friendly error and informative messages when Download link is accessed from History tab.
  • Ensured consistency by renaming permissions.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

Your add-on looks quite impressive.
I may have a lot of questions, but I would like to ask this first:
There is an option that requires a like to download a resource. is there only a positive reaction check in this option? So if the user goes and clicks the "s h i t" icon too, can they download the resource? :)
Also, is there a feature to prevent the reaction from being undo?
So the user gave a reaction to download the resource, but after downloading the resource, the user withdrew the reaction.
Can he do that?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Last edited:

1.0.2 - Minor update with style properties, use of <xf:fa> tag and bug fixes

We're excited to roll-out Limit Resource Downloads v1.0.2, a minor update with the inclusion of style properties, some improvements and fixes.

Here is what's new:​

• Added custom classes and style properties for effortless customization of Info Tabs Bar, Custom Buttons, and Download Limits Overview page:
    • Button Caution
    • Button Negative
    • Button Positive
    • Info Tabs Bar
      • Positive color
      • Negative color
      • Caution color
  • All templates now utilize the <xf:fa> template syntax tag for Font Awesome icons.
  • Corrected a bug within the "Download Limits Overview" page where the wrong phrase was used.
  • Added a few missing phrases.

Last edited:
Hello,

There is an option that requires a like to download a resource. is there only a positive reaction check in this option? So if the user goes and clicks the "s h i t" icon too, can they download the resource? :)
So the user gave a reaction to download the resource, but after downloading the resource, the user withdrew the reaction.
Can he do that?

We're pleased that you're interested in our add-on and appreciate your thoughtful questions. (y)

For your first question, the current version doesn't require a positive reaction for resource download. At the moment, with v1.0.2, users can still download the resource regardless of whether they give a positive or negative reaction. If more customers, like you, express interest, we're open to adding this feature in a future version.

Regarding the feature to prevent reactions from being undone, we understand your point. While it's a valid idea, it's worth noting that there are already multiple add-ons available that offer this functionality. As our focus is primarily on the main features of our add-on, we won't be incorporating this specific feature at this time. However, if more customers express interest, we're open to reconsidering it for a future version.

I would prefer a payment system other than paypal if possible to get your add-on. Because paypal is forbidden in our country.

On the other hand, when you put a like requirement for downloading a resource, it will not be nice if they choose an option like cursing you. I strongly recommend adding this to the add-on rather than waiting for attention. But of course, in the end, the add-on is yours, no matter what I say...

Preventing unlikes should also be part of the add-on.

In the end, these are useful feedbacks in terms of "advanced features" of your add-on.

But if you don't prefer this, I have nothing else to say.

I would prefer a payment system other than paypal if possible to get your add-on. Because paypal is forbidden in our country.
Sent you a PM.

On the other hand, when you put a like requirement for downloading a resource, it will not be nice if they choose an option like cursing you. I strongly recommend adding this to the add-on rather than waiting for attention. But of course, in the end, the add-on is yours, no matter what I say...

Preventing unlikes should also be part of the add-on.

In the end, these are useful feedbacks in terms of "advanced features" of your add-on.

But if you don't prefer this, I have nothing else to say.
Regarding requiring a positive reaction for downloads, your suggestion is noted. We'll prioritize this feature in our development roadmap.
The idea of preventing unlikes is also valuable. Your input helps us improve our add-on for everyone's benefit. (y)

1.1.0 Beta 1 - Positive Reactions

We're excited to introduce the v1.1.0 Beta 1 release of Limit Resource Downloads, a significant update that expands upon the existing Reaction limit feature of v1.0.x. This update is labeled as beta because we plan to introduce more enhancements in the v1.1.x series before finalizing the feature set for this version. Stay tuned for further improvements!

Here is the complete changelog:​

• Implemented Positive Reaction Limit, suggested by...

Hi, looks nice addon but i have 1 question

Let's say i have set at usergroup permissions for group D to download 10 resources daily

Main category
  • Child 1
  • Child 2 >> Bypass download limits
  • Child 3
At child 2 i have set bypass download limits, what happens here? if the user downloads from that category it counts as download?
An exmple,
user downloaded from child 1 five resources
user downloaded from child 3 five resources (total 10)
Now the user can download from Child 2 category?

Hi, looks nice addon but i have 1 question

Let's say i have set at usergroup permissions for group D to download 10 resources daily

Main category
  • Child 1
  • Child 2 >> Bypass download limits
  • Child 3
At child 2 i have set bypass download limits, what happens here? if the user downloads from that category it counts as download?
An exmple,
user downloaded from child 1 five resources
user downloaded from child 3 five resources (total 10)
Now the user can download from Child 2 category?
Thank you for choosing XenCustomize!

Yes, it would let the user download from Child 2 category.

Child 2 category permission.webp

Child 2.webp

and in other categories user will see limit exceeded:

Child 3.webp

Hello,

Thank you for considering my suggestion.
maybe to improve it a bit more, it would be easier to read the positive ones directly from the database instead of writing the reaction ID's one by one.
what do you think?

Thanks,

1693234684727.webp

Let me write my second suggestions that I think will help you.

1) When you press the download button, if all the conditions for downloading are met, instead of downloading directly, you should be directed to a page and there should be a countdown timer.
2) While this counter is running, when you move to a different page, the counter should pause counting,
3) Setting that the countdown time on the counter may vary according to the groups,
4) Group-based permission to redirect to this page.

I hope you don't say "I'm tired of your suggestions" :)

1.1.0 Beta 2 - Restrictions on changing or undoing reactions

We're excited to introduce the v1.1.0 Beta 2 release of Limit Resource Downloads, a significant update that implemented restrictions on changing or undoing reactions. This update is labeled as beta because we plan to introduce more enhancements in the v1.1.x series before finalizing the feature set for this version. Stay tuned for further improvements!

Here is the complete changelog:​

• Implemented restrictions on changing or undoing reactions, as suggested by...

Hello,

Can he do that?

Your 2nd request also implemented in 1.1.0 Beta 2 - Restrictions on changing or undoing reactions

1.1.0 - Download page and Countdown timer

1.1.0 🎉

We're excited to roll out the v1.1.0 release of Limit Resource Downloads, a significant update that implemented a new download page, countdown timer before displaying the download button and much more. Also, don't forget to check out the last two beta updates in the v1.1 series:

Last edited:
Let me write my second suggestions that I think will help you.

1) When you press the download button, if all the conditions for downloading are met, instead of downloading directly, you should be directed to a page and there should be a countdown timer.
2) While this counter is running, when you move to a different page, the counter should pause counting,
3) Setting that the countdown time on the counter may vary according to the groups,
4) Group-based permission to redirect to this page.

I hope you don't say "I'm tired of your suggestions" :)
This is now implemented in 1.1.0 - Download Page and Countdown Timer
Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration. I think these improvements will strengthen the value and impact of your add-on.
I have a question about the counter.
When switching to another tab from the counter screen, does the countdown stop?

Last edited:
I have a question about the counter.
When switching to another tab from the counter screen, does the countdown stop?
In the current version 1.1.0, the countdown does not stop when switching to another tab. However, we can implement this in a future update.

It will be useful to force the user to stay on the site (increase the time navigation for google). But most users may swear for this :) this detail should not be overlooked.

I think it would be a good option to add it as an option.

the final decision is yours.

Also, it would be really great if you could make the features of this add-on (although the name would not be very appropriate) in the same way for forum thread files. The biggest shortcoming of XenForo is unfortunately that it doesn't set such limits :(

Top Bottom